PDA

View Full Version : Caros book....

MR_WOLFF
01-10-2006, 01:38 AM
Mike, I ordered it last july as a pre-order and still have not got it ........whats up with that?

npc
01-10-2006, 03:39 AM
I don't know which book you're talking about, and I'm not privy to Caro's publishing schedule's, but his books are "often" quite late.

I enjoy reading Caro books, and he has written some of the most important poker material, but I don't think I'd ever pre-order one of his books. There's a good chance my credit card expiration date will need updating, perhaps more than once, before the book eventually ships.

MR_WOLFF
01-10-2006, 11:49 PM
guess that is where "MAD" came from?

deacsoft
01-11-2006, 12:46 AM
I can't give you any info on this current situation, but I will say this. Release dates for books are pushed back and back all the time so I do not advise pre-ordering them*. Also, you may want to let some of the others on the forum dive into these books first. There are often reviews of newly released books on this forum. Could save you some money.

*2+2 books may be the exception here because we are updated on their status fairly often and I do not believe Mr. Malmuth and Co. Take preorders until the books are ready to about a month or so in advance. Ship date details are usually provided at the time of the pre-order post.

Mason Malmuth
01-11-2006, 04:01 AM
Hi Everyone:

Let me just add that Two Plus Two Publishing LLC does not publish any of the Caro books.

Best wishes,
Mason

benfranklin
01-11-2006, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mike, I ordered it last july as a pre-order and still have not got it ........whats up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just found the following on Amazon:

[ QUOTE ]
Professional Hold'em Play by Play
by Mike Caro (Paperback - December 31, 2030)

[/ QUOTE ]

How's that for truth in advertizing?

Sites like Amazon will list forthcoming books as soon as the publisher gives them all the necessary information. Some publishers are a little more concerned about accuracy than others in giving out info and publication dates. Amazon and any other reputable dealer will not charge your credit card on a preorder until the book is shipped. But why bother? Unless it's a no-brainer like HOH, I just wait until it is out and reviewed.