PDA

View Full Version : 1st Time to Vegas - Bellagio Low Limit Report

gamboolman
01-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Went to Las Vegas with the wife for our 24th wedding anniversary last Thursday for our 1st Vegas trip. We stayed thru Monday morning at the Bellagio (4 full days of poker and gambling). We found out that we came to Vegas on the 1st day of the largest convention of the year. There were bazillions of people at the airport, 1-1/2 hour wait for taxis. Anyway, made it to the hotel and got checked in before noon Thursday. We went to the poker room and it was crowded but got seated soon enough. Played 4/8 and the games were normal low limit holdem games with 5 or 6 seeing flops normally. Nothing really unusual just normal games with people chasing.
The Bellagio hotel is gorgeous and very nice and the poker room is pretty but why they are routinely using small stud tables for hold’em games is beyond me? I asked the floor guy and got a blank stare for a answer. The Bellagio poker room floor people also did a very poor job of checking the room and keeping the games full when there were people all over the place wanting to play.
Beautiful room and good low limit action. Crowded playing holdem on stud tables, floor people that are not as good as the Gulf Coast floor people for running rooms.
Went over and played at Caesars Palace, 3/6 with a kill. Beautiful room, great tables, good dealers, good games at low limit with lots of action. Once I played at Caesars I did not play at the Bellagio anymore. Maybe Bellagio is just too fancy for low limit players from the nation of Texas?
Anyway the poker action and games were good and normal for low limit hold’em and played like the games along the Gulf Coast, Shreveport, and Tunica.
Vegas was neat and we enjoyed it for a great anniversary and had a good time.
Won at poker, lost at craps and blackjack and extremely lucky in love with the wife - who says she’ll put up with me for awhile longer.
The best meal was at the hamburger café in the Imperial Palace and it was cheap. Whoever said Vegas is cheap for eating has not stayed and ate at the Bellagio and the hotels in that area or at least we could not find them. The restaurants were gourmet and good but charged a lot for the food. But food was not that big a deal for me as I came to play cards.
Had a great time. Went to some shows, saw lots of pretty ladies, some some normal goofy drunks - Vegas is definitely a city of excess to the extreme !
Go play poker at Caesars !

crackhead
01-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Congratulations on your 24th wedding anniv.!!!