PDA

View Full Version : Hey Party, Where is my new VIP promotion?

DING-DONG YO
04-10-2006, 01:05 PM
It is now the second week of April. Where is my new promotion? Wassup, wassup?

Paying a lot of rake here. Need my bonuses!!

Schwartzy61
04-10-2006, 01:38 PM
It's only the 3rd day of the second week so they have 4 more days to disappoint...

DING-DONG YO
04-10-2006, 01:42 PM
grrrrrrr, booo, hisss. I want my money, fool!!

Photoc
04-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey DONG!! This isn't the party poker support forums! LOL

tagtastic
04-10-2006, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Enjoy the vacation, I know I am. I haven't played a single hand since the day the A8 promo ended. Seriously needed some time off.

RikaKazak
04-10-2006, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing 1800+ hands a day during the A8 bonus, now I'm playing 500- hands a day, FEELS GOOD TO TAKE A BREAK!!!! And work on "myspace"
Enjoy the vacation, I know I am. I haven't played a single hand since the day the A8 promo ended. Seriously needed some time off.

[/ QUOTE ]

thing85
04-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Cool, a myspace page. I hear you can pick up underage girls there.

surfdoc
04-10-2006, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was playing 1800+ hands a day during the A8 bonus, now I'm playing 500- hands a day, FEELS GOOD TO TAKE A BREAK!!!! And work on "myspace"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. That thing burned me a bit as well.

DING-DONG YO
04-10-2006, 04:08 PM
I know I'm getting old:

Old thoughts RE: myspace and using the internet to pick up girls - Awwww, yea, time to buy some jammies!!

New thoughts RE: myspace and using the internet to pick up girls - I hope my first child is a boy and I am never letting anyone have a computer in their room.

Sigh

gasoltub
04-10-2006, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

email from vip support:
[ QUOTE ]

Dear xxx

There will be a new VIP promotion shortly. We can not offer any specifics regarding this promotion. You will be informed about the promotion in due time.

Rasmus
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

aflaba
04-10-2006, 05:42 PM
I got this two days ago:
"We envisage that our next VIP promotion should be active within a week. Information will be sent to VIP players through emails and post log in pop ups."

ajmargarine
04-10-2006, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I've only played 500 hands since A8 ended.

Poet MP
04-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Same here. Played far too much, ran badly for far too long, which also no doubt also meant I ended up playing some far worse poker than I should have as well.

All in all, a bad idea.

The mini-break has done me the world of good.

DING-DONG YO
04-11-2006, 09:11 AM
I think I just stink. I've run almost breakeven (.4bb/100) over the last 50K hands and the only way I can make money is through the bonuses.

Synergistic Explosions
04-11-2006, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I just stink. I've run almost breakeven (.4bb/100) over the last 50K hands and the only way I can make money is through the bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you are running pretty good, considering you are most likely paying approximately 3BB/100 in rake. So actually you are running 3.4BB/100. You just need to now play at a site with no rake.

Push_Fold
04-11-2006, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, you are running pretty good, considering you are most likely paying approximately 3BB/100 in rake. So actually you are running 3.4BB/100. You just need to now play at a site with no rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

A site with no rake??? Your pulling my leg aren't you!? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Emperor
04-11-2006, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A site with no rake??? Your pulling my leg aren't you!? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL, the only poster not to have seen the gazillion WPEX threads?

2easy
04-11-2006, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL, the only poster not to have seen the gazillion WPEX threads?

[/ QUOTE ]

a little slow today, are we emporer?

AncientPC
04-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Just curious, how can you check if your VIP or not besides e-mailing Party CS. Is it listed anywhere in your account details?

Davey
04-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Website wont let you know if you are VIP or not. Other than getting a pop up when they send the offers out, email is the only way to find out. (and calling)

DING-DONG YO
04-11-2006, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see here. 53K hands. 1.76K, .36BB/100. Now, 13.624K in rake, so total 2.88BB/100, so WTF OMG!?!?!?!?!?! ARRRGU!!

A site with no rake you say? Haven't heard about it. any threads discussing it???

AncientPC
04-11-2006, 11:48 PM
You're being sarcastic right? You need to visit the Zoo more often.

Push_Fold
04-12-2006, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A site with no rake you say? Haven't heard about it. any threads discussing it???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thats my line! Find a new one /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DING-DONG YO
04-12-2006, 07:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're being sarcastic right? You need to visit the Zoo more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm being sarcastic. LOL.

Someone said a while back that our true battle isn't with other players, it is with the rake. So true.

Overdrive
04-12-2006, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah.
Hell yeah.
Oh hell yeah.

Synergistic Explosions
04-12-2006, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's see here. 53K hands. 1.76K, .36BB/100. Now, 13.624K in rake, so total 2.88BB/100, so WTF OMG!?!?!?!?!?! ARRRGU!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are those your actual numbers Ding Dong?

Just wondering how much you got from the VIP program to offset the rake you paid.

I doubt you could have played that many raked games at the rake free site since they don't have more than 2 or 3 games at most limits right now.

I really don't know how some of you can pay so much rake each month and still win long term like you do. I know that when I played Party full time exclusively starting three years ago, for a whole year, my rake equaled the total amount I won, so they were getting 50% of my action. Then they friggin raised the rake again on me and I got real pissed and decided to leave and play elsewhere.

DING-DONG YO
04-12-2006, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering how much you got from the VIP program to offset the rake you paid.

I doubt you could have played that many raked games at the rake free site since they don't have more than 2 or 3 games at most limits right now.

I really don't know how some of you can pay so much rake each month and still win long term like you do. I know that when I played Party full time exclusively starting three years ago, for a whole year, my rake equaled the total amount I won, so they were getting 50% of my action. Then they friggin raised the rake again on me and I got real pissed and decided to leave and play elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, I've gotten maybe $1,800 through deposit and VIP bonuses from them during this sample of hands.

And those are my actual numbers.

And I'm thinking that it is getting dang near impossible to beat the rake at party. You have to be crushing the game at 4.5BB/100 total to net a 2BB/100 winrate.

That's why I'm getting antsy about a new bonus promotion. Party with no bonus = (EV)

Yes, party is getting 75% of my action (adjusted for bonuses). I might put a thread in the zoo asking people to calculate how much they are losing to party rake. It might help open some eyes.

Barrin6
04-12-2006, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, I've gotten maybe $1,800 through deposit and VIP bonuses from them during this sample of hands.

And I'm thinking that it is getting dang near impossible to beat the rake at party. You have to be crushing the game at 4.5BB/100 total to net a 2BB/100 winrate.

That's why I'm getting antsy about a new bonus promotion. Party with no bonus = (EV)

Yes, party is getting 75% of my action (adjusted for bonuses). I might put a thread in the zoo asking people to calculate how much they are losing to party rake. It might help open some eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What even amazes me is to see people play at party without bonuses or bieing a VIP. If you bonus whore just right you should be able to beat the rake and without having to play less than 4 tables. There's always a game availble.

george w
04-12-2006, 04:51 PM
what the hell are y'all talking about? if you can't beat the rake then you're just not a winner; it doesn't mean it's impossible to beat it.

Barrin6
04-12-2006, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what the hell are y'all talking about? if you can't beat the rake then you're just not a winner; it doesn't mean it's impossible to beat it.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I say to beat the rake I meant beating it in terms of bonuses.

So if your bonuses and rakeback is greater than the rake, you are beating it. I'm not talking about playing and winning.

Synergistic Explosions
04-12-2006, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you considered playing at the no rake site that just opened? I wonder how your win rate would be there compared to Party. It's easy to say the games are tougher, but I really wonder if that's true.

I've been playing low limits there, and they seem about the same as everywhere else I play. But in the last few days it seems to be really tightening up compared to the first three days.

Push_Fold
04-12-2006, 06:24 PM
Here is what VIP said in an email asking about April's promo:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Push_Fold,

Thank you for contacting us.

Our team is working on a new and exciting promotion for our VIP Players. Please allow us some time as we surely want to roll out a promotion which is as good or better as the Acceler-8-tor promotion.

Thank you for your patience. I wish you the best of luck on our poker tables.

Should you require further assistance, our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Alfred
VIP Club
Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

DING-DONG YO
04-12-2006, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Push_Fold,

Our team is working on a new and exciting promotion for our VIP Players. Please allow us some time as we surely want to roll out a promotion which is as good or better as the Acceler-8-tor promotion.

Should you require further assistance, our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Alfred
VIP Club
Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess what, party VIP. I have played party exclusively for over 1.5 years and tonight I am trying out WSEX and I might even try UB, FT or some other site that offers RB. I know I have to sign up through an affiliate. I am tired of paying PP more than most people make in a year.

Once the details of the new bonus are released, then I will think about coming back.

Here is my thinking:

El rake gigante + lack of VIP bonus to whore = (EV)

augie_
04-12-2006, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Push_Fold,

Alfred
VIP Club
Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if that means "we have something but we're not releasing it yet" or "we have no clue what we're going to do, we suck"

yskhyr
04-12-2006, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"we have no clue what we're going to do, we suck"

[/ QUOTE ]

Perseus
04-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Um why didn't you bonus whore more crap over the last few years. You sound like a ding-dong, yo.

DING-DONG YO
04-12-2006, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Um why didn't you bonus whore more crap over the last few years. You sound like a ding-dong, yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notice I said this sample of hands. You're assuming these are over 1.5 years. Never said that.

DING-DONG YO
04-19-2006, 09:36 AM
Still no new VIP bonus. Been over two weeks now.

NJDevils
04-19-2006, 11:08 AM
They probably don't want people clearing the Spring bonus and VIP bonus at the same time. Hoping once that ends we will finally get it. Just enjoy the break I guess. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

scrub
04-19-2006, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They probably don't want people clearing the Spring bonus and VIP bonus at the same time. Hoping once that ends we will finally get it. Just enjoy the break I guess. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They offered that triple bonus during the Acceler8r. The VIPs they're most concerned about would have cleared the reload in a day or two--seems pretty dumb to have such a long gap, unless it's part of their market research.

scrub

augie_
04-19-2006, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They offered that triple bonus during the Acceler8r. The VIPs they're most concerned about would have cleared the reload in a day or two--seems pretty dumb to have such a long gap, unless it's part of their market research.

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's just party being freaking stupid. I can not wait until WSEX takes firepay.

Push_Fold
04-19-2006, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No, it's just party being freaking stupid. I can not wait until WSEX takes firepay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? So you can join the nit parade?

Leader
04-19-2006, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? So you can join the nit parade?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

pokergrader
04-20-2006, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Category: Things that seem better before you play on them
Answer: Poker

Question in white
<font color="white">
Question: What is WSEX?</font>

Barrin6
04-20-2006, 01:53 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

Firepay is my god at the moment. I fired an email to WSEX to allow firepay.

DING-DONG YO
04-20-2006, 11:38 AM
I guess party doesn't need to give us VIP's bonuses anymore as they have already signed up more players in 2006 then they did for all of 2005.

When will their stranglehold on the market end?

Donkey Kong
04-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Party 0.5/1 6 max. 45k hands. 4.58BB/100 = $2.1k
And it was easy too

Davey
04-20-2006, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party 0.5/1 6 max. 45k hands. 4.58BB/100 = $2.1k
And it was easy too

[/ QUOTE ]+

Ummmm....I think you should move up.

tagtastic
04-20-2006, 09:33 PM
While bitching about the spring bonus end date (popup said 20th, email said 19th, I only read popup) - and having them give it to me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif - I also asked about the next VIP offer, here's what they said:

[ QUOTE ]
Concerning the new VIP Promotion we do not have any details at the moment. However, please be assured that you will receive an invitation by e-mail or/and post log-in pop-up within the next few days.

[/ QUOTE ]