PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my TT's Eye for the OOT guy thread?

*TT*
04-08-2006, 07:46 PM
It had tons of action, it involved the community, and it's goal was to help someone who is newly flushed with poker money make himself a better man. The whole thread was deleted without any notice, or even a explanatory PM to me. I don't get it... even [censored] told me he liked the thread so I don't think this was his doing.

Can someone please explain this to me?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

jokerthief
04-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Damn, I haven't read all of that one yet. How the hell does that one get deleted?

diebitter
04-08-2006, 07:54 PM
I've PM'd TT about this. A mod notification was raised by TT himself about a dumb post in it, and I appear to have accidentally deleted the thread instead of the post.

My sincerest apologies, I'm going to see if I can get this recovered.

Nick B.
04-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Wow that is impressive.

*TT*
04-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks for letting me know Deibitter. Here is his PM to me, when Chuck returns hopefully it will be put up again.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry man. I received your notification about the retarded post, and I think I must have deleted the thread instead of the post! I didn't realise till I saw your message.

I'm really, really sorry.

I'll put in a request to recover it, but Chuck has been away for some time, and it could take a week. I'll try my best to get this done ASAP though.

Again, apologies.

db

[/ QUOTE ]

*TT*
04-08-2006, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A mod notification was raised by TT himself about a dumb post in it,

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a really obnoxious post that reeked of racism, that one had to go.

diebitter
04-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Again, my apologies for this, TT, extremely dumb of the highest order. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have asked Chuck to make this a priority, if he may.

*TT*
04-08-2006, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Again, my apologies for this, TT, extremely dumb of the highest order. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I have asked Chuck to make this a priority, if he may.

[/ QUOTE ]

No sweat bro... mistakes happen. Perhaps you did me a favor, this project is going to be really hard to pull off, but the results will be soooo worth it!

henrikrh
04-08-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm sick of the blatant anti-racism around here! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wish I lived in NYC LA or LV, I could use a tune up.

MicroBob
04-09-2006, 03:22 PM
At least I'm not the only one!

diebitter
04-09-2006, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to admit MB, when you did it, I laughed my head off and thought 'how the hell can you do that?'.

Ah well, if it was never windy, you'd never get to fly a kite.

*TT*
04-09-2006, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you too? OMG, you mods suck at life /images/graemlins/wink.gif

MicroBob
04-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Mine wasn't exactly the same.
It was probably worse actually.

I was responding to a post of ElD's. But I hit 'edit' instead of 'reply' which is easy to do if you are a mod in your 'home' forum.

So I accidentally completely erased ElD's post and my own post appeared there instead appearing like it was something that ElD said.

ElD was justifiably outraged that I would just put words in his mouth like that. I apologized and explained and I think he was very understanding considering what I had done and what he had initially thought my intentions were.

Deleting threads accidentally is one thing.
But totally changing someone's post where it looks like they are saying something they never said is actually pretty serious.

It was the 2nd time I had made such a mistake in as many days. I was big-time embarassed about it and felt it was serious enough of a problem (twice in 2 days...am I retarded?!?!) to offer my mod-resignation which I did but Cola encouraged me not to leave.

Naturally, I'm trying to be a bit more careful when posting in this forum.

Obviously diebitter and others have lots more modding and posting to do in their own forums (mine is super low-traffic). All that clicking of one button after another it's understandable that they would make a slip-up like this sooner or later.

*TT*
04-09-2006, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was the 2nd time I had made such a mistake in as many days. I was big-time embarassed about it and felt it was serious enough of a problem (twice in 2 days...am I retarded?!?!) to offer my mod-resignation which I did but Cola encouraged me not to leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats ridiculous. Errors happen, you are human. El D will get over it soon, its not that big of a deal since it wasn't intentional. But if you are a mod and don't properly represent 2+, or carry out your own agenda different than that of the 2+2 party line then thats an inexcusable offense.

Mat and I had a talk not long ago about including me in your ranks, I respectfully declined. Its a thankless job that requires a lot of time, and I appreciate that you, Diebitter, and the countless other mods take time out of your lives to put so much back into 2+2's forums... something I couldn't do. My hats off to you Bob, mistakes and all. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MicroBob
04-09-2006, 04:48 PM
thanks for the encouragement.

Just so you know, the mod-duties only require as much time as you want to put into it. It's a volunteer gig afterall.

This was recently reiterated by either Cola or Mat in the mod-forum.

I almost turned down mod-ship due to the perceived time-commitment as well but decided to try it out anyway.
Now I realize that you don't HAVE to put in the kind of time that you might be thinking.