PDA

View Full Version : questions about the april vegas thing

newhizzle
01-09-2006, 09:17 PM
sorry for not doing a [censored] search or whatever, but i just had a few questions so i can make reservations before it gets all expensive and [censored]:

i know its going to be around the 22nd, but when is everyone going out and for how long?

where is everyone staying?

where and when are people meeting up?

anything else i should know?

thanks

Photoc
01-10-2006, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably anywhere they can find a room. I'm staying at home.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
probably after 6pm and any card room that serves lots of alcohol.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah...wear a cup. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tony_P
01-10-2006, 02:56 AM
Is there a main thread about this thing like last time?
Who's going? I might be able to make in in April

Photoc
01-10-2006, 03:12 AM
Na, Capone hasn't started one up yet. The last one started with about 2 months to go, so expect it around mid Feb.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-10-2006, 04:47 PM
I recommend moving this to the weekend of April 6-10, as that's when I'll be there.

PokerCad
01-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Are old folgies allowed????????
or just the young brats,,,,,

just curious what the crowd is like

never been to a magoo like fest,,,,

Abe
01-10-2006, 11:50 PM
April ? I thought THE "Main Magoo Fest" was during the WSOP. July or so.

And Photoc - you may need to remind me again about the difference between draw poker for high and for low.

Edge34
01-10-2006, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are old folgies allowed????????
or just the young brats,,,,,

just curious what the crowd is like

never been to a magoo like fest,,,,

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't matter what age you are, what matters is how much willingness you have to get hammered and bet on some very stupid games. I'm looking forward to triple-flop hold 'em played with all hands face up. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

radek
01-11-2006, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably anywhere they can find a room. I'm staying at home.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
probably after 6pm and any card room that serves lots of alcohol.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah...wear a cup. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring lots of cash. ANd [censored] play also. Atleast the way I understand it

Spook
01-11-2006, 12:51 AM
At the last one, my table at the MGM had a pretty wide range of age and level players. It was a good time - but other tables did break early, which was a dissapointment.

The only thing that should be mandatory is that if you come out that weekend, you should be forced to play in the magoofest. Some people slept through it or didn't want to play so low.

Photoc
01-11-2006, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ANd [censored] play also.

[/ QUOTE ]

{censored] = hookers and blow /images/graemlins/grin.gif

play = can be bet

Al_Capone_Junior
01-11-2006, 02:09 PM
There aint no main thread yet because I haven't started one yet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

To be honest, there's talk, but nothing definite as of yet. April 1st was my suggestion, but it could easily be later in the month, or some other time altogether. I kinda set up magoo fest type events by majority interest, and by what's convenient for me too.

I can tell you all this, it won't be april 20-24, I will probably be dealing elsewhere for a week at that time.

Early april, later in april, feb, who knows, basically I need some people to chime in and get a bandwagon going, then we start thinking about finalizing dates!

Besides, I have to decide who I'm taking on in the heads-up match. So far it's close between the tilty drew and kurn.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
01-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Hell yeah!

Plus, anyone thinking of bringing in a measly like $300 buy-in, you'll be majorly short stacked.

al

Al_Capone_Junior
01-11-2006, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
April ? I thought THE "Main Magoo Fest" was during the WSOP. July or so.

And Photoc - you may need to remind me again about the difference between draw poker for high and for low.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's probably no way we can stand to go all the way from november to july without a magoo fest inbetween.

Also, there's no "main" magoo fest, they are all different. Some may be bigger than others, but each has its own identity and personality. I'm thinking a magoo fest in early april, then another one in late july during the WSOP. Screw it, I live here, I can do them all the time! I'm just waiting for you slackers to show up! Let's get the bandwagon rolling people!

al

bigfishead
01-11-2006, 02:48 PM
April is good. Bellagio has the 5 diamonds tournament going then. Make it a WEDS or THURS and I'll be there!!! Otherwise I'll be dealing the tourny looking for a "Early out". Nothing new there...I look for EO's every nite!!