PDA

View Full Version : Bonus' for Tourney Players?

PiedPiper
04-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Most bonuses seem to be designed to reward ring players. How can someone who plays MTTs only ever do a reload bonus that only rewards people for playing raked hands?

I'm not "crying" or complaining here, so don't take it that way. Online sites have a right to do whatever they want to do and don't "owe" their players anything. They are in the business of making money, and it's their job to make their online site become as successful as possible from a business perspective only. Besides, I play ring games too and bonuses are easy for me to clear. On top of this, I play at stakes where bonuses aren't even *that* important anyway, although they can still be nice.

Having said this, why don't more online sites offer bonuses to MTT and SnG players? If they will give someone $100 for playing 700 raked hands at a small stakes NL table who only contributes $X dollars in rake over that period of time, why not give someone $50 for playing tournaments if they pay out $X/2 in tournament fees?

Ken_AA
04-08-2006, 05:54 PM
PokerRoom, Pokerstars, Paradise, Full Tilt, Pacific, Absolute, Titan, and Bodog can all be cleared with tourny play. There are probably more but I stopped looking at Bonus whores. It wasn't hard to find.

Ken

AncientPC
04-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Off the top of my head I believe PokerStars has the best bonus for tourney players. Their bonus is equivalent to 100% rakeback I believe.