PDA

View Full Version : Online Bank Whoring ?

Ignorant
04-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Didnt know if it was appropriate to put this in the Internet Forum or this forum, but I have run across a few online banks who give you free money for opening an online money market account. While the ROI is not the greatest, free money is alas free money. I am not affiliated with this bank in any way, but I just wanted a few peoples opinions on it.

NetBank.com ... Open up a Money market Account and deposit $ 1,500. Keep an avergae daily balance of $ 1,500 for at least 30 days, and then they transfer $ 75 into your account.

Details can be found here: http://www.netbank.com/pro348.htm?PM1=google

While depositing 1,500 for 75 is not a great return, free money is free money. Has anyone done this? Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

playersare
04-08-2006, 03:27 PM
netbank has all kinds of ridiculous fees, I ordered their deposit kit and decided it wasn't worth it. there's a $3.00/month fee after 3 months of inactivity and balance below $3000, $7.50 fee for closing the account, and a $25 if you close your account within 6 months of starting it. then a general dormant fee of $5/month for ANY size account after 12 months.

for just $75, you would have to commit to using NetBank as your permanent, full time checking account to not get hit with all those fees. if you think you're just going to throw them some money, wait for the bonus and then close it, you many not get as much return back as you had hoped.

AncientPC
04-08-2006, 06:42 PM
The most famous one is probably ING Direct. Have someone refer you and if you make an initial deposit of $250 you get $25 free. It doesn't hurt that their savings rate is currently at 4.0% either.

Packard
04-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Do netbank and/or ING connect to Neteller? ty...

jrad
04-08-2006, 10:37 PM
I know you can use ING with Neteller. Not sure about Netbank.