PDA

View Full Version : So I played a Stud high tournament

Alchemist
01-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I was bored and did a $1 stud high tournament on Stars last night. I've virtually no experience playing High only but I usually read the threads on here. I did suprisingly well but got eliminated at 107 of 520 where 52 make the money.

There were several interesting hands for discussion but this one was especailly pivotal. Comments from 4th street on? I know not raising 3rd is punishable by execution and I think not doing may have had a big factor on the outcome. Hard to say with the big stack in Seat 2 who was really loose anyway.

I was moved to this table when stakes wre 100/200 and was pretty card dead so if anyone was paying to my image, it was pretty tight. Even at the current stakes, there was often 4-5 to 4th street.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High - Level VII (200/400), Ante 25, Bring-In 50 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

Seat 1: 4,744
Seat 2: 16,201
Seat 3: 6,932
Seat 4: 5,610
Seat 5: 2,572
Seat 7: 195
Hero: 3,691

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

4th Street - (1.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

5th Street - (2.44 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

6th Street - (5.44 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets

River - (8.44 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

Total pot: (10.44 BB)

greenage
01-09-2006, 09:10 PM
Because the BI is ¼ of the SB, I think it is especially important to complete here. I play a lot of Stud and Stud/8 tourneys and will limp in with many speculative hands because of that disparity.

Alchemist
01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because the BI is ¼ of the SB, I think it is especially important to complete here. I play a lot of Stud and Stud/8 tourneys and will limp in with many speculative hands because of that disparity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. That's something I tend to overlook and need to pay more attention to. I have a habit of limping in late position even with a strong starting hand if there are a lot of limpers in front of me.

frappeboy
01-09-2006, 10:20 PM
You've gotta rasie third. Most people play absolute garbage in these tournaments and you've gotta make it expensive for them. 4th-6th looks good. I think I'd check the river here, against 1 player I consider betting but not 3 way.

Andy B
01-10-2006, 03:06 AM
Yeah, raise third and check the river.