PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 Tough spot

ALL1N
12-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Here's a situation my friend was confronted with.

6 handed. UTG opens, Button calls, Hero calls AJo in BB. Both are unknown.

3-way flop: AsJsTh. Hero checks, UTG bets, Button calls, Hero CRs, UTG 3-bets, Button caps, both call.

Turn: Ks. Checked to button, who bets.

Action + plan?

etizzle
12-12-2005, 01:54 AM
I like checking and calling one bet, and folding for 2 bets.

tough spot.

TStoneMBD
12-12-2005, 01:57 AM
i think its a pretty safe fold on the turn. theyd both have to have AT and/or JT for you to be ahead here. more often than not youll be looking at QK, a flush or a set. you have odds against a straight/flush to draw to a boat but not with the UTG player behind you who will usually have you beat/drawing to 3 outs and might be even checkraising.

The Funky Llama
12-12-2005, 01:59 AM
I agree with this. Also if nobody has the flush one will often have a flush redraw.

Victor
12-12-2005, 02:15 AM
i think folding getting 11:1 would be a mistake.

cartman
12-12-2005, 02:40 AM
I call button's turn bet and call another turn bet and fold unimproved on the river if UTG checkraises but button doesn't three bet (this would actually make me feel better about my prospects because I think it actually lessens the likelihood of UTG holding AA, AK, or JJ). If UTG checkraises and button 3-bets then I fold when it gets back to me. If UTG just calls buttons turn raise, then I check with willingness to call one river bet but not two. I may be out of my mind willing to spend any bets unimproved on the river because I don't win anything unless they both have two pair and even then I may only get half, but I think the pot is big enough to justify calling on the turn.

Cartman

Josh.
12-12-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i think folding getting 11:1 would be a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

he doesnt always have 4 outs though. he is basically getting a guaranteed 12-1. he isnt being checkraised. UTG would bet a straight so we can assume AQ is out. that leaves a typical UTG with AK, AJ, AA, JJ, TT. against those he has 2, 1 (2 outs for half the pot), 0, 2, and 4 outs, respectively. button pretty much has to have the best hand. the call raise smells like a draw or the nuts. i have never seen 2 pair call raise, especially not on a board that scary. so he has maybe 1.5 weighted outs. plus his implied odds arent great because hes gonna lose 2 bets when hes beat and gain 2 when ahead when he hits, and he will lose probably like 1/4 the time he hits

he is definitely not good enough to call down unimproved. its a parlay. parlays rape you

PokerBob
12-12-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a situation my friend was confronted with.

6 handed. UTG opens, Button calls, Hero calls AJo in BB. Both are unknown.

3-way flop: AsJsTh. Hero checks, UTG bets, Button calls, Hero CRs, UTG 3-bets, Button caps, both call.

Turn: Ks. Checked to button, who bets.

Action + plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have 4 outs to a monster that may not even be good. and you may get c/r'ed behind you and there is a flush redraw. Bleh.

Subfallen
12-12-2005, 03:11 AM
i would call 1 more but then muck this dumb slut if UTG c/r's

flawless_victory
12-12-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i would call 1 more but then muck this dumb sl<a href="" target="_blank"></a>ut if UTG c/r's

[/ QUOTE ]
ya... the thing about this plan is that when the UTG checkraises, he will almost always have a straight or flush and we will have odds to draw for our 4outer for one more...
of course there are all kinds of sick ways our outs can be wrapped up and it seems like cursing that extremely sucky turn card and folding is the play.

Petteri
12-12-2005, 05:04 AM
I think you can fold here. You have only 4 outs. You most probably must improve to win this hand.

Your ace outs are dirty if UTG has AK, which is the most likely hand. If UTG has JJ you have only 2 outs. AQ, AJ, KQ, AT and less likely AA are the other probable hands UTG could have.

Button has probably KQ. TT and less likely JJ or AA are alternatives.

ALL1N
12-12-2005, 09:52 AM
Well, my friend folded and I agreed with it.

UTG called turn and river blank with A9o. Button won a nice pot with JTo. Well played, sir!

Josh.
12-12-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

UTG called turn and river blank with A9o. Button won a nice pot with JTo. Well played, sir!

[/ QUOTE ]

tell your friend to datamine

Schizo
01-02-2006, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, what are you making this response?

Saborion
01-02-2006, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, what are you making this response?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the stats could've turned this fold into a call by saying what kind of opponents Hero is up against.

The Bryce
01-02-2006, 05:37 AM
Blah blah, late to the thread, fold the turn, blah. I'll usually ram and jam pre-flop depending on UTG's PFR.

Bond18
01-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Im almost certain im laying it down on the turn considering the board.

Would anybody play flop different here?

Schizo
01-02-2006, 10:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Because the stats could've turned this fold into a call by saying what kind of opponents Hero is up against.

[/ QUOTE ]

So depending on the stats, what are you going to do?