PDA

View Full Version : Puzzles & Games forum

durron597
04-07-2006, 08:14 PM
I'd like to create a puzzles and non-gambling games forum. That way we can put fads like werewolf in there, and also the types of puzzles that diebitter and I created today. Anyone here interested?

billygrippo
04-07-2006, 08:20 PM
soduku forum!!!

Andrew Karpinski
04-07-2006, 08:27 PM
"whp keeps saying no?"
"it was him guys let's get him"

New001
04-07-2006, 08:28 PM
I say yes, but only if waste-of-time flash games are allowed in OOT.

durron597
04-07-2006, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
soduku forum!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, sudoku threads would go in this forum

billygrippo
04-07-2006, 08:54 PM
if this forum opens, i will create the SNAKES ON A PLANE game.

diebitter
04-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Are you talking video games too?

Soul Daddy
04-07-2006, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"whp keeps saying no?"
"it was him guys let's get him"

[/ QUOTE ]
"Where's my burrito? Where's my burrito?"

durron597
04-07-2006, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you talking video games too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, am I? Either way is fine (I'm a pretty laid back mod if you guys haven't noticed that yet /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Madtown
04-07-2006, 09:11 PM
From the OOT thread:

Since most of the math that gets posted in SMP are puzzles anyway, maybe make it Math, Games and Puzzles, and turn SMP into Science, Philosophy and Religion?

Also, if this actually takes off, I'd volunteer to mod.

billygrippo
04-07-2006, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From the OOT thread:

Since most of the math that gets posted in SMP are puzzles anyway, maybe make it Math, Games and Puzzles, and turn SMP into Science, Philosophy and Religion?

[/ QUOTE ]

i too would volunteer to mod, since if this forum happens ill live in it.

durron597
04-07-2006, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From the OOT thread:

[/ QUOTE ]

i too would volunteer to mod, since if this forum happens ill live in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

My preference would be to mod it by myself at first (or perhaps another existing mod in addition) and add more if traffic requires

El Diablo
04-07-2006, 10:03 PM
durron,

Do you want to be mod of ALL THE FORUMS!??!?!?!?!!

durron597
04-07-2006, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
durron,

Do you want to be mod of ALL THE FORUMS!??!?!?!?!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't mind sharing Cola's job, but I doubt I'll get it

MEbenhoe
04-08-2006, 07:21 PM
I think this idea is outstanding. I am all for it.

henrikrh
04-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Could we link it to OOT, call it OOT2 or something, just to keep the OOT community cohesive.

[censored]
04-08-2006, 08:43 PM
If its gets these gay ass werewolf threads out of my forum, then great.

durron597
04-08-2006, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yessir it would

daryn
04-08-2006, 11:07 PM
i think we need a snakes on a plane FORUM

Nick B.
04-08-2006, 11:17 PM
We need a forum for people who want a new forum. These new forum requests are clogging up the forum suggestions forum.

Clarkmeister
04-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Nick B.,

You are on fire lately. Good to see the old school representing.

Regards,

Clark

diebitter
04-09-2006, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yessir it would

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna patent the 'in-out' riddle idea, cos I'm pretty sure I made that up without precedent. Can I start charging?

Madtown
04-09-2006, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yessir it would

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna patent the 'in-out' riddle idea, cos I'm pretty sure I made that up without precedent. Can I start charging?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd played that game before. Sorry DB.

2/325Falcon
04-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Why not change the title of Other Gambling to Other Games? That forum gets almost no traffic.

xorbie
04-10-2006, 01:22 AM
make the forum, if ppl stop using it just close it...

MEbenhoe
04-10-2006, 11:18 PM
so has this idea been vetoed? or is it still in the works?

I like this idea because:

1. I love pretty much all strategy games
2. It gets the game clutter out of OOT and stops complaining from the people who don't like the games
3. I think this would be a fun way for 2+2ers to create a great positive community atmosphere onsite

I really liked this idea when it was brought up, and if implemented would love to help with it, and would even offer to mod it if I would be thought of as acceptable for this.

so overall, go puzzles and games forum!!

jokerthief
04-10-2006, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so has this idea been vetoed? or is it still in the works?

I like this idea because:

1. I love pretty much all strategy games
2. It gets the game clutter out of OOT and stops complaining from the people who don't like the games
3. I think this would be a fun way for 2+2ers to create a great positive community atmosphere onsite

I really liked this idea when it was brought up, and if implemented would love to help with it, and would even offer to mod it if I would be thought of as acceptable for this.

so overall, go puzzles and games forum!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This post convinced me that this forum is needed. Especially since I was delighted with [censored] 's plan to have a banning policy on the werewolf threads. Those threads were annoying for everyone who was not involved but great for all those involved in it.

This could be trend and it would really hurt OOT, yet it ought to have a place because it is a great way for 2+2'ers to get together.

All that said, I love risk and wouldn't mind having a place to discuss risk strategy.

diebitter
04-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Still being touted in the mod forum, so anyone interested/think it's a bad idea best speak up now.

MEbenhoe
04-11-2006, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Still being touted in the mod forum, so anyone interested/think it's a bad idea best speak up now.

[/ QUOTE ]

DO IT!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

El Diablo
04-11-2006, 01:50 AM
db,

Good idea.

Elevens
04-11-2006, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
db,

Good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

katyseagull
04-11-2006, 12:31 PM
I would like to add my support for a Puzzle Forum. I have really been enjoying the riddle threads that Durron and Diebitter started and would be very interested in trying more along these lines. They are very addictive.

Throw in Math games and Trivia contests and now you've got yourself a cool forum. This would draw a lot of attention and get the really smart guys and girls visiting it.

Not sure what to do with the werewolves though. I think werewolves should maybe stay in OOT.

durron597
04-11-2006, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Not sure what to do with the werewolves though. I think werewolves should maybe stay in OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum idea started BECAUSE of the werewolf threads and how the non participants didn't want them in OOT

katyseagull
04-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Sorry Durron. I was just being contrary.

(I really think your Puzzle forum is a great idea.)

Kneel B4 Zod
04-11-2006, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum idea started BECAUSE of the werewolf threads and how the non participants didn't want them in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

haven't read rest of thread, but I think it's bad to make major policy decisions based on week old fads.

hello, Risk!

durron597
04-11-2006, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

haven't read rest of thread, but I think it's bad to make major policy decisions based on week old fads.

hello, Risk!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because the idea was inspired by a fad doesn't mean the idea is a bad one

iSTRONG
04-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Great idea!

Tony_P
04-12-2006, 01:05 AM
Good idea. Get the effin WW's out of oot.

El Diablo
04-12-2006, 02:18 AM
Guys,

Risk, WW, Riddles, Trivia, Flash Games, Role-playing game discussions, Sudoku etc. I think there's plenty here for a stand-alone forum. This is imo a great forum spin-off, because a lot of this stuff is annoying to a segment of OOT members, but also widely liked.

durron597
04-12-2006, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

Risk, WW, Riddles, Trivia, Flash Games, Role-playing game discussions, Sudoku etc. I think there's plenty here for a stand-alone forum. This is imo a great forum spin-off, because a lot of this stuff is annoying to a segment of OOT members, but also widely liked.

[/ QUOTE ]

good stuff el d (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=puzzles)

Madtown
04-12-2006, 04:47 AM
Can it get added to the sidebar?

pistolero
04-12-2006, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

durron597
04-12-2006, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chuck needs to get back from his vacation for this to occur.

Soon, my young padawan, soon.

SamIAm
04-12-2006, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm surpised y'all care about the side-bar. I used it once for each forum I cared about, and then I bookmarked. I know we all have big screens, but do you guys really like searching through 40 forums whenever you want to find the one you want?
-Sam

Layzie
04-13-2006, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm surpised y'all care about the side-bar. I used it once for each forum I cared about, and then I bookmarked. I know we all have big screens, but do you guys really like searching through 40 forums whenever you want to find the one you want?
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

I can click the sidebar as fast, or if not faster than you clicking your bookmark. I've been clicking it so long I could probably click the correct forum with my eyes closed.

awebz
04-13-2006, 01:24 PM
I like the Puzzles & Games forum idea, maybe a better name though.
it doesn't necesarily have to be for non-gambling games, but for instance, games which are commonly played non-gambling but which it could be debated should be played for money.

e.g.
-heads up Uno
this is a great game form that I play a lot with a computer program, only the program isn't that good and sometimes makes sub-optimal plays. also, I'm still trying to figure out how the luck-skill ratio works out with variance and such.

JaredL
04-13-2006, 04:10 PM
excellent work.

POG had 35 registered users a couple minutes ago. For comparison the zoo had 62. That's without it even on the sidebar.

yellowjack
04-24-2006, 05:02 AM
SIDEBAR?