PDA

View Full Version : NL and bonuses

Marlow
04-07-2006, 04:27 PM
I realize that limit is the way to go when clearing bonuses. I can and do win at limit, but I don't really enjoy it. And since I don't have more than about 7-10 hours to play every week, I'd love to stick to NL.

HOWEVER, I'm in a position where the income needs to be a little more steady. And I'm starting to rethink my overall money/room/bonus management strategy. How much am I losing out on? My NL game is way better than my limit game, but I can pretty handily slap around the 6max low-limit tables. I typically play 2-4 and 3-6 NL as well as lots and lots of HUNL 1-2 and 1.5-3.

Oh, and I can't really play more than 2 or 3 6max limit tables at a time. I almost always play just one 6max table or HU table when I play NL. I'm not sure how much this factors into the equation...

Basically I just want to make sure that I'm not missing any major opportunities.

Thanks for your help.

Marlow

Davey
04-07-2006, 04:38 PM
If you are playing 2-4 and 3-6NL I dont think bonuses are that big of boost. Get a good rb deal somewhere. Im sure bonuses clear pretty good playing NL at those levels to so I think you would be able to clear some of the bigger ones.

AncientPC
04-07-2006, 06:16 PM
If you are a winning player at 2/4 or 3/6NL your winnings will probably offset the bonus from playing LL 6-max limit tables.

Marlow
04-07-2006, 07:42 PM
This is what I suspected, and the reason I stopped going out of my way to clear bonuses after I graduated from 1-2 NL. I'm glad to know I haven't been missing out...

Thanks for your help.

Marlow

jds1201
04-07-2006, 09:30 PM
if you play NL, i'd recommend hitting the B2B sites and clearing those bonuses. A couple are E600 ($720) for 3000 raked hands which would clear very quickly at the limits you play. Limit games are scarce (especially during North American evenings), but there are always NL games going. Check out Martins Poker to start.

Marlow
04-08-2006, 12:51 AM
Excellent tip, thanks. I will definately check them out. The more places I sign up with, the more likely it'll be that I can hit a few bonuses every month without losing table selection.

Marlow

CharlieDontSurf
04-08-2006, 12:53 AM
whats b2b?

jschaud
04-08-2006, 03:19 AM
its another network like party, prima, pokerroom, etc. havent played there as yet, but i believe it is decent during european prime time. (please correct me if i am wrong) but i think it could be a good site to hit up in early afternoon east coast time/

MyTurn2Raise
04-08-2006, 03:54 PM
B2B has been flooded by bonuswhores. The game selection sucks there now. You're better off just sticking with party.

Marlow
04-08-2006, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
B2B has been flooded by bonuswhores. The game selection sucks there now. You're better off just sticking with party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does this hurt table selection?

cantsitstillbr
04-09-2006, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does this hurt table selection?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol it doesnt. just makes tables full of a bunch of weak tightys. yum yum

MyTurn2Raise
04-09-2006, 01:58 PM
the nits will only give up so much