PDA

View Full Version : WPT forum really, really sucks

Gildwulf
04-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Is there anything we can do about this or is it just doomed to suckitude?

MattSuspect
04-06-2006, 12:40 PM
bump the Shania picture thread, it's like morphine for those guys.

Dids
04-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Gildwulf,

I'm open to suggestions. Keep in mind that I've tried to "do something" before and people hated it.

Kneel B4 Zod
04-06-2006, 01:48 PM
I think it's fine as a lunatic catch-all

Gildwulf
04-06-2006, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gildwulf,

I'm open to suggestions. Keep in mind that I've tried to "do something" before and people hated it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I wish I could be more constructive. I was kinda hoping other people had suggestions. I don't read it enough to really know how to divide/moderate it.

Maybe keep NVG in NVG?

Sniper
04-06-2006, 02:55 PM
gildwulf...

Then why start the thread?

What would you like to see in the forum, that would make it more useful to you?

Gildwulf
04-06-2006, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gildwulf...

Then why start the thread?

What would you like to see in the forum, that would make it more useful to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'd like to see
-more concrete info about tourneys
-more trip reports from tourneys
-any kind of first-hand knowledge of bigger tourneys
-some kind of valuable information
-less gossip about so-and-so's girlfriend

Maybe because there is so much noise the bigger tourney pros avoid it like the plague and it is a vicious cycle? I don't really know how to solve this problem and I was hoping other people had suggestions.

El Diablo
04-06-2006, 03:16 PM
gild,

NOT AS MUCH AS YOUR MOM!!!!!!!!!!

BANG!

kipin
04-06-2006, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gild,

NOT AS MUCH AS YOUR MOM!!!!!!!!!!

BANG!

[/ QUOTE ]

Atleast there is now a forum to compete with the WPT forum.

KneeCo
04-06-2006, 05:48 PM
I don't mind the WPT forum as an abyss to be honest, it helps keep other forums clean.

That being said, if the head honchos were inclined to clean it up, one possibility would be to write some form of 'mission statement' or something. I think Dynasty even alluded to this some months ago, though it seems the mods gave up on the idea and decided locking/banning people pretty much at random was the way to go.

"I banned someone! I'll ban you too!! Who wants to get banned??!? TRY ME!!" /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Yea.. that'll work.

A WPT forum mission statement could be pretty simple:

What is the WPT forum for?
BLA BLA BLA.

What is Live at the Bike?
Link + BLA BLA BLA

You know, stuff like that. A note about the kind of threads that belong in NVG instead, a note about not posting BTorrent discussion, something giving credit to Raymer as an active participant, maybe links to some great threads (i.e. Blair Rodman's Tournament reports).

I think that could go along way. And of course, lose Dids, because Dids sucks.

But again, there are benefits to having the forum as a 2p2 junkyard.

Nut4Dawgs
04-07-2006, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that could go along way. And of course, lose Dids, because Dids sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]
For my own reasons I don't care for Dids, but "Dids sucks" shots, without examples of sucky action(s) really suck. Put some meat in the sammich, please.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought that was the purpose/mission of OOT.

KneeCo
04-07-2006, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought that was the purpose/mission of OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well OOT has a poker embargo, right? So you can't have the 'Hellmuth sucks', 'Who is the greatest ever?', 'hottest female poker player', type threads in there and we all know that these threads will continue to be created and get replies, and at least the current WPT forum keeps them in one place, so it is serving a purpose.

However, what I was trying to say is, in my opinion for what it's worth, if 2p2 was determined to clean up the sewer (or at least move all the filth to NVG), two possible steps to doing so would be to
1) establish a common idea of what the WPT forum is supposed to be complete with a guide to put everyone on the same page.
and
2) Get rid of Dids.

EDIT:
Sorry, as for the other thing:
[ QUOTE ]
"Dids sucks" shots, without examples of sucky action(s) really suck. Put some meat in the sammich, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried that. Wrote a nice long piece (which only scratched the surface, but did have some 'meat' to it). It took about 20 minutes to write and Dids deleted it within 15, so yea, I'll stick with Dids sucks, thanks.

CharlieDontSurf
04-07-2006, 02:16 AM
When I first came to 2n2 couple a years ago it was to read the WPT forum etc...now I avoid it like the plague.

WPT should just be called Televised Poker
and should only be about TV tournement/cash game discussions--not player rants or misc crap.
specific televised hand discussions, or how a player played a final table.
Tourney news and structure info
Poker discussion in movies and tv--tilt,rounders,etc
Televised tourney/cash game reviews/discussion etc--WPT,FOX SPORTs, ESPN, GSN, etc etc

Move all the crap... Fossilman is god, Hellmuth is an ass, Phil posts his cash game history etc etc to NVG.

The following are the current threads in WPT that should be in NVG
Who is Thomas Keller
What Jesus Would Do
Who are the big losers in the big game

im too lazy to write the rest cause there are to damn many.

anyways..nevermind--instead of writing a long post im going to take the easier route------just gonna keep avoiding the forum all together.

Mat Sklansky
04-07-2006, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and will pitch this to Mason unless there are objections here.

Dynasty
04-07-2006, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and will pitch this to Mason unless there are objections here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Televised Poker would certainly be more accurate.

I could also be reworked a bit to be "Poker in the Media"

CharlieDontSurf
04-07-2006, 03:19 AM
poker in the media would lead to people posting to many random news/ap/web sites/blogs etc

Dids
04-07-2006, 08:52 AM
I like Televised Poker a lot.

The biggest problem with WPT is simply that there's a lot of "lowbrow" (for lack of a better term) topics that get started. If as a mod, I attempt to stop those, I create more KneeCo's who get all mad at me.

I agree it's too bad that we can't get more intelligent discussion of televised poker, it's just hard to do that without the kind of agressive moderation that people clearly dislike.

When I just modded WPT and not NVG as well, I was better about moving posts that were more NVG into NVG. I'll try and do that more and see what good it does. Expect a slight purging later today.

faded
04-07-2006, 09:24 AM
send [censored] to WPT forum.

Nut4Dawgs
04-07-2006, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well OOT has a poker embargo, right?...

[/ QUOTE ]
I was mostly joking about OOT, but you stated your case very well. ty

[ QUOTE ]
...It took about 20 minutes to write and Dids deleted it within 15, so yea, I'll stick with Dids sucks, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, well stated and I'll now agree with your decision.

bobbyi
04-07-2006, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That being said, if the head honchos were inclined to clean it up, one possibility would be to write some form of 'mission statement' or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think something like this would be helpful, you should write it and suggest that the mods sticky it.

KneeCo
04-07-2006, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That being said, if the head honchos were inclined to clean it up, one possibility would be to write some form of 'mission statement' or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you think something like this would be helpful, you should write it and suggest that the mods sticky it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it can be saved under Dids, so I wouldn't waste my time.

Nut4Dawgs
04-07-2006, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cop out. Big time.

KneeCo
04-07-2006, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cop out. Big time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Cause I would never put effort into something like that if I thought it could help. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4202217&an=0&page=0#Post 4202217)

tomdemaine
04-09-2006, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> This would absolutly rule beyond all belief /images/graemlins/smile.gif plutonium dramabomb</font>

diebitter
04-09-2006, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> This would absolutly rule beyond all belief /images/graemlins/smile.gif plutonium dramabomb</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

If that happened, I'd go watch it unfold, and probably even post there

I watch zero poker on TV (save the odd celeb special when a gal with nice hooters is on).