PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty holding a grudge

kipin
04-06-2006, 03:25 AM
It is clear to me, and anyone who can take a step back, that Dynasty is an unfit candidate to represent this company. He takes things too personal, and abuses his mod powers when trying to repress views of people who are outspoken against him.

Clear evidence to this can be observed in this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5324528&an=0&page=0#Post 5324528)thread.

Dynasty
04-06-2006, 03:30 AM
Like I said in the PM I sent you, you are just acting like a baby.

Both your thread and garion888's thread were posted at 12:07am PDT. I read garrion888's first and responded in it. Then, I read yours and locked a duplicate thread. That's standard policy. I locked a duplicate South Park thread earlier tonight and nobody cried about that.

Once again you are best described in this way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/dramaqueen.jpg

kipin
04-06-2006, 03:36 AM
My post was entered into the system first, the only reason you locked my post is because of our outstanding "beef".

It is also SOP as far as I am aware to either
a. PM the user and let them know why the post was locked/removed or
b. leave a moderator note as to why the post was locked, or
c. All of the above.

You have failed to do this on multiple occasions, often leaving the poster whose voice has been silenced wondering what they have done wrong.

If the above is not SOP, it should be looked at by the admins and made into policy. I know astroglide has figured this basic "mod rule" out, why havn't you Dynasty?

KrmtDfrog
04-06-2006, 03:38 AM
that seems pretty unwarranted. the locking of threads seemed a bit silly as well.

BluffTHIS!
04-06-2006, 03:41 AM
kipin,

I have previously stated my view which is:

[ QUOTE ]
Ban Dynasty (as mod)

[/ QUOTE ].

However, the reason that that won't happen is:

[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty is buds with the site owners and can do what he wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're just pissin in the wind.

kipin
04-06-2006, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Once again you are best described in this way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/dramaqueen.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/2820/dynasty3se.jpg

Dynasty
04-06-2006, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the locking of threads seemed a bit silly as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The locking of a duplicate thread is standard practice in OOT. They were both started at 12:07am PDT despite kipin's claim that his was first.

kipin is just looking to drum up a controversy. There's nothng extraordinary here.

kipin
04-06-2006, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So you're just pissin in the wind.

[/ QUOTE ]

At some point, the will of the people, if it is loud enough, will have to be heard by the ruling class.

kipin
04-06-2006, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the locking of threads seemed a bit silly as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

The locking of a duplicate thread is standard practice in OOT. They were both started at 12:07am PDT despite kipin's claim that his was first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do me a favor Dynasty and let me know which number comes first.

#5324455 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5324455&an=0&page=0#Post 5324455) or #5324459 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5324459&an=0&page=0#Post 5324459)

BluffTHIS!
04-06-2006, 03:53 AM
kipin,

Dyansty used to roll back odometers and sell used cars for a living before he took up poker, so numbers mean nothing.

El Diablo
04-06-2006, 04:02 AM
Dynasty,

While this time I think you are indeed correct that kipin is maybe overreacting to this a bit, I do think that it would have been appropriate for you to put a note in the locked thread, that's pretty easy to do (locked - dup thread). Also, especially given your past history with kipin, maybe it would have been a good call in this instance to take that extra second to check which post was made first, which I believe is the traditional decision-making metric for this stuff if neither thread has a bunch of replies.

Tony_P
04-06-2006, 04:17 AM
kipin,

I have had issues with this mod in the past as well, but this is a clear overreation. It appears that the threads were created withing seconds of each other. You are the one who is taking things too personal. I haven't been following your anti-Dynasty campaign, but if you have a legitamite cause, posts like this do not help it.

PoBoy321
04-06-2006, 04:32 AM
Dramabomb

gamblore99
04-06-2006, 05:09 AM
You guys take this internet forum way to seriously

ZBTHorton
04-06-2006, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RunDownHouse
04-06-2006, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How's the fiance?

SamIAm
04-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Kipin, you seem really upset, and I don't understand why. Why do you care if your post was locked? The issue you wanted addressed is being addressed in a thread posted 4 seconds after yours.

The only reason I can think to care so much about your version of an identical thread is that you want your name on the forum list of threads. This seems like a silly rationale, so there must be something I'm missing.

What am I missing?
-Sam

kipin
04-06-2006, 11:54 AM
I find the lack of communication between the mods and the users unacceptable.

If Dynasty had sent me a PM explaining why he locked my thread, or left a note in the thread explaining why it was locked, none of this would have come to fruitation.

My main issue (again) is with how Dynasty conducts himself as a moderator. He is not professional, and constantly pisses the user base off with his actions.

This is just another case of him doing exactly that.

Now, I understand lots of users think I am overreacting here, but they are missing the point of why I am overreacting, and for that I am sorry. In the future I will make my intentions more clear for why I am upset.

In this case, the reason I am upset happens to be Dynasty failing to communicate with the users of the forum, regarding: why he is locking/deleting posts. This is not the first time he has done this, but hopefully it will be the last time.

For anyone still confused, I point you in the direction of this earlier post.

[ QUOTE ]
It is also SOP as far as I am aware to either
a. PM the user and let them know why the post was locked/removed or
b. leave a moderator note as to why the post was locked, or
c. All of the above.

You have failed to do this on multiple occasions, often leaving the poster whose voice has been silenced wondering what they have done wrong.

If the above is not SOP, it should be looked at by the admins and made into policy. I know astroglide has figured this basic "mod rule" out, why havn't you Dynasty?

[/ QUOTE ]

nation
04-06-2006, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How's the fiance?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gildwulf
04-06-2006, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How's the fiance?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't seen someone owned like that in a long time.

stabn
04-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Dynasty said he did in fact PM you.

kipin
04-06-2006, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dynasty said he did in fact PM you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dynasty is lying, or atleast imposing his bias. Dynasty PM'ed me ONLY after I made a post asking why my post was locked and he responded by locking that thread as well. At that point I PM'ed him, and this is when I received my first PM from him.

This is the communication breakdown I am trying to highlight.

[ QUOTE ]
Re: You are so pointless
Don't be such a baby. Both posts were made at 12:07am PDT. One of them should have been locked. I responded to the first one I read and locked the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

aheravi
04-07-2006, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My main issue (again) is with how Dynasty conducts himself as a moderator. He is not professional

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, another mod comes to my mind first when I read this. Fresh off a hiatus.

theBruiser500
04-10-2006, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah exactly. That applies to you and everyone here but kipin (and me).

GambleGamble
04-10-2006, 07:47 PM
<---holding head in his hands and shaking it

Tyler Durden
04-11-2006, 11:49 PM
You guys (Dynasty and kipin) take things too seriously. The site has gotten worse since mods took over b/c they are overzealous about their responsibilities. I post less as a result.

Wes Mantooth
04-11-2006, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I post less as a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a bad thing?

Sniper
04-12-2006, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The site has gotten worse since mods took over b/c they are overzealous about their responsibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very generalized statement that is neither true or the majority opinion!

Tyler Durden
04-12-2006, 12:24 PM
?? If it's the minority opinion it can't be true either, b/c it's just an opinion.

Hack
04-12-2006, 05:51 PM
whats up with a lot of the green moderators being new 2+2ers. Like Sniper and Diebitter have been here about a year or less.

kipin
04-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Bump!!

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5488677&an=0&page=0&gone w=1#UNREAD)

Can I still talk about how much Dynasty sucks in this particular forum, or does his god status transpose all forum lines?

Dynasty
04-19-2006, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump!!

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5488677&an=0&page=0&gone w=1#UNREAD)

Can I still talk about how much Dynasty sucks in this particular forum, or does his god status transpose all forum lines?

[/ QUOTE ]

It covers all forums with you and the avatar brigade.

snowden719
04-20-2006, 04:21 AM
I PMed you and you said that the original avatar was banned, does that mean this one is ok?

cambraceres
04-20-2006, 04:48 AM
I'm all for MOD authority, but censorship is no way to bring control, it breeds dissention. This avatar has to be allowed, after all it can't do any true harm.