PDA

View Full Version : DollarToBB

Pages : [1] 2

The Funky Llama
12-09-2005, 04:09 PM
Does a program exist that converts pot size to big bets? I've been playing the 15/30 lately and it's a pain to divide by 15 constantly while multitabling.

It would be sweet if your pot odds would pop up when you have to make a decision. For example, if the bet size is 10 and the pot is 100 it would say "10:1 you need 3.8 outs" or something like that.

Does such a program exist? If not, can someone make one?

edit: Title changed. -Sam

hemstock
02-07-2006, 01:35 AM
Sorry to bump this, but does such a program exist?

pistolero
02-07-2006, 02:01 PM
calc.exe

krishan
02-07-2006, 04:28 PM
I think it would be agains the T&C to spit out pot odds. It should be okay to display all bets as BB instead of $s though. I'm waiting for that app to be built.

Krishan

beyeond
02-07-2006, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It should be okay to display all bets as BB instead of $s though. I'm waiting for that app to be built.

[/ QUOTE ]

soma_
02-09-2006, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be agains the T&C to spit out pot odds. It should be okay to display all bets as BB instead of $s though. I'm waiting for that app to be built.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump. I would pay for a program that displays all bets in BBs.

krishan
02-10-2006, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Bump. I would pay for a program that displays all bets in BBs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. It would make moving up in limits trivial. And the days I play 10/20, 15/30, 20/40 and 30/60 at the same time, counting pot odds would be much simpler.

Krishan

Elevens
02-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I suggested this to Josh from PokerAce to add this feature, but he was afraid of it being in the gray area of something that poker sites would not allow.

Maybe if enough people asked, he might change his mind.

jukofyork
02-10-2006, 01:40 PM
If anybody knows how to contact the creator of PlayerView then he wrote something called 'Blinder' (it can be found in the TiltBlocker thread). I am fairly sure the same techniques he used can be used for this idea (and also can be used to block PP client from auto-foregrounding it's windows).

BUT, I would be very wary of including this in something like PAH, as the techniques could definitely be considered a 'gray area' and it may endanger PAH's legibility /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am likely to be too busy until the beginning of March to look into this properly /images/graemlins/smile.gif, but if nobody has tried this by then; I am prepared to give this project a shot when I have more free time. I will make it a 100% stand alone project and this way it doesn't risk any established projects which are currently accepted by the sites.

I am happy to do it for free, but if anybody can track down the PV developer, I am sure he could easily adapt his blinder to do what you all want and he might be interested in taking this on as a payware project (he has done the groundwork already in 'blinder'). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

krishan
02-10-2006, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am sure he could easily adapt his blinder to do what you all want and he might be interested in taking this on as a payware project (he has done the groundwork already in 'blinder'). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinder is a sweet app.

Krishan

Rob-L
02-10-2006, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
calc.exe

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, that is exactly what I was thinking. It's simple division for David's sake.

Buzz-cp
02-11-2006, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
calc.exe

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, that is exactly what I was thinking. It's simple division for David's sake.

[/ QUOTE ]

try this while 8-tabling at 3 different limits

DavidC
02-11-2006, 08:47 PM
bump, it'd be super-awesome if pokerace would keep track of opponent stack sizes (since last update of course) and put opponents names with short stacks in flashing letters so that you see them more clearly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It would be semi-useful, not 100% reliable, but better than nothing.

Soma, nice av, btw. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, maybe make a mod that displays common pot sizes and their sb/bb equiv: i..e just edit your table image. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

--Dave.

DavidC
02-11-2006, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
calc.exe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

try this while 8-tabling at 3 different limits

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I stand corrected on my suggestion to do a table image alteration.

Tonding
02-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Poker Office has such a feature where you can display the pot odds you're getting.

soma_
02-12-2006, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Poker Office has such a feature where you can display the pot odds you're getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of us also need this feature for tournament play.

jukofyork
02-12-2006, 06:56 PM
<font color="red">Ok, this is definitely 100% possible, and actually it should be VERY easy to do.</font>

I so far have something hacked together in about 1 hour which does the following for Party Poker:

1. Remove the '$' symbol.
2. Multiply the $ amount by 10.
3. Add the letters BB on the end.

For example: $15 is displayed as 150BB and $0.5 is displayed at 5BB, etc...

Currently it has no way to tell what level you are playing at (hence why I just x10 for the BB) and it also converts the $ values on the lobby as-well as the table. But obviously this 'proof of concept' code can easy be fixed up in not much time.

I also guess it can be extended to work on other sites quite easily.

BUT: I don't want to spend much time on this if it is instantly gonna get banned (I have lots of other stuff to work on...). Also note, I am only gonna do the convert to BB thing and nothing to do with pot odds etc...

Whats the feeling here - is this worth investing the time?

Elevens
02-12-2006, 07:32 PM
For limit games, could you make the pot size divided by the big bet size?

jukofyork
02-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Yes, I can make it display amounts in either big bets or big blinds. I will just parse the values from the titlebar of the window and it has both (eg: $10/20 or $15/30 etc).

I don't play NL or SNG's so I havn't checked this out yet for them...

I can make the application so that it converts the following:

1. Central pot size(s) displayed in the middle of the table.
2. Amount quoted next to each bet made by each player (will work for NL and L).
3. Stack sizes (if this makes any difference or is useful? [maybe for SNGs?]).

(The remove $, then x10 is only for testing if the idea is possible, but it does work...)

I could make it so that the Call button say displayed your pot odds on a call, BUT I think this will be more likely to get banned under the "Unfair Advantage" rules. I can't really see any unfair advantage to displaying BBs rather than $ amounts, but think if I ask party about this I will just get no response (this is why I ask here...) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also I don't think their is much point in changing the values in the dealer chat into BBs, so will keep these as $s.

I also at the same time can probably make a much better version of the 'blinder' utility. With options such as having an alarm if you drop below X BBs (but I will do this after...).

krishan
02-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Yes, please build this.

Krishan

Roland
02-12-2006, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also at the same time can probably make a much better version of the 'blinder' utility. With options such as having an alarm if you drop below X BBs (but I will do this after...).

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be very cool - maybe optionally with auto-rebuy when stack size &lt; xBB (then I wouldn't have to buy in for rediculous amounts in fear of beeing all-in when I finally get quads /images/graemlins/smile.gif) and a warning message when bankroll &lt; x$ (should be easy to read bankroll size from the buy-in window, no?).

jukofyork
02-12-2006, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That would be very cool - maybe optionally with auto-rebuy when stack size &lt; xBB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this should be quite easy, but I gona keep this separate from AutoResizer just in case party get funny about it... Both will always be free utils, but I would be sad to see AutoResizer features get banned just because they were linked... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
and a warning message when bankroll &lt; x$ (should be easy to read bankroll size from the buy-in window, no?).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this quite easy too. I think this needs adding to the AutoResizer code too, as somebody noticed it gives you the "Insufficient Funds" window repeatedly if trying to use auto-buyin option you haven't enough to buy in (this is on my fixlist /images/graemlins/smile.gif, just not much time yet - the $ -&gt; BB code is actually very easy and quick to do...).

soma_
02-12-2006, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3. Stack sizes (if this makes any difference or is useful? [maybe for SNGs?]).

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be EXTREMELY useful if I could instantly know my own stack as well as my opponents' in terms of BBs at the current blind level. (The current blind level is displayed in a label on the bottom left of the table window. I'm sure you can grab it the same way you grab from the title bar). This, in fact, is the only feature I (an SNG player) would really need.

jukofyork
02-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Ok, I will look into this, as it won't be any harder to read this value than the value from the title bar.

The only hard bit is working out which number is stack size, pot size(s) and bet sizes; but if I divide ALL by a number I can easily find on the window then this keeps the initial app simple. Later I will try to customize it and allow each to be independently switched on/off. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elevens
02-12-2006, 11:41 PM
If you need a website to host this software after you complete it, ask Mogobu the Fool (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showprofile.php?Cat=0&amp;User=45436&amp;what=search&amp;Searc hpage=1&amp;topic=) at Overcards.com (http://www.overcards.com).

jukofyork
02-13-2006, 12:34 AM
Yes, my free host can a bit shaky sometimes, so definitely a more permanent home would be great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully when get more time then alot of AutoResizer concepts can go into Mogobu's PartyPlanner, but I think the $-&gt;BB idea gota be separated from all other projects so it can be dumped if party get mad about it...

jukofyork
02-13-2006, 12:50 AM
Here a quick screenshot of the test app in action:

http://freewebs.com/jukofyork/BB_Display.jpg

Again, it still just working out $x10 rather than really BB, but will be very easy to get the blind levels and do the division...

Late here now, but promise I will look into this more as soon as I get time... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT: I think adding the BB to the end of all amounts might be overkill? Any ideas? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mogobu The Fool
02-13-2006, 02:24 AM
Yes, strip the BB from it. Just removing the "$" is sufficient to distinguish, and the BB is visually taxing, IMHO. Mind you, I don't actually want this mod, but have done a lot of mod-tuning and interface work and think it will look cleaner without it to the bleary-eyed watching their 6 tables for 8 hours a day.

And I can host if you want. My provider's servers are sometimes slow, but they've always been there.

soma_
02-13-2006, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANT. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG.

Elevens
02-13-2006, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

Especially if you could actually get it so your actual pot odds are calculated with each bet before it gets to you. If not, this is a great as is.

jukofyork
02-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Just worried that the pot odds might make it more likely to be banned?

I don't think it would be so hard to add this, but on the other hand it might not be so necessary when everything measured in unit amounts? Not sure yet... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It could be a couple of days before I get chance to get the first test code out, but I will aim to just get the BB display done to start off, then can think about extensions later. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

langley11
02-13-2006, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Especially if you could actually get it so your actual pot odds are calculated with each bet before it gets to you. If not, this is a great as is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Use pokeroffice for this, it prints the pot odds directly on the table, works great.

_TKO_
02-13-2006, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

zaphod
02-13-2006, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be very nice! But i would not recommend to do any pot odds calculation in the program, since this only will get it banned.

jukofyork
02-13-2006, 07:52 PM
I know, and don't want to risk losing the work put in to make this, so trying to avoid getting it banned /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Does party have anything against Poker Office displaying pot odds? If so have they tried to ban it for this reason before also?

jukofyork
02-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks all for the votes. There seems a consensus that it will be useful and most likely wont be banned (I hoping not anyway...). I don't think though adding pod odds etc will be such a good idea, but the advanced 'blinder' idea seems fine to be added I think.

Just a quick update on progress. Not had much time today to do much with this idea, and fairly busy tomorrow, but hope to have a test version ready for Thursday/Friday.

Also, somebody just PMed me and told me the same idea looks likely to work on Poker Stars too, so maybe this will turn into a multi-client app (but I just stick to party+skins to start off with). Once the idea has been tested and I sure it not causing stability issues, then I will look into getting it working on other sites also.

Elevens
02-14-2006, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks all for the votes. There seems a consensus that it will be useful and most likely wont be banned (I hoping not anyway...). I don't think though adding pod odds etc will be such a good idea, but the advanced 'blinder' idea seems fine to be added I think.

Just a quick update on progress. Not had much time today to do much with this idea, and fairly busy tomorrow, but hope to have a test version ready for Thursday/Friday.

Also, somebody just PMed me and told me the same idea looks likely to work on Poker Stars too, so maybe this will turn into a multi-client app (but I just stick to party+skins to start off with). Once the idea has been tested and I sure it not causing stability issues, then I will look into getting it working on other sites also.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are my new favorite person.

jukofyork
02-15-2006, 04:26 AM
Today I got more time to look at this, so hopefully will have a test version of this going quite quickly.

Stay tuned for an update /images/graemlins/smile.gif

soma_
02-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Please PM me with access to the test version once it is ready.

jukofyork
02-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Hi,

Just in the process of writing it atm, but got bogged down with one bit of the code which I assumed would be very easy - Windows isn't quite acting as expected (as always lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif ). I just trying different workarounds to fix this problem atm, then all ready to test.

It might be later tonight or tomorrow afternoon before I ready.

jukofyork
02-16-2006, 12:59 PM
I finally found a workaround for my main (unforeseen) problem before I went to bed last night, and I have a semi-working prototype version now.

Even so, there are still some issues with both speed and stability (which could be much more extreme on other people's systems, so this needs working on more before I can get to the stage of alpha testing). It also appears that Party have decided to release their new software just today and this might undo some of my work.

As soon as I see the new software then it will be clearer if anything they have done will make any difference to this project, but due to all these problems (and my other commitments are building up) it could be a little longer than expected before I can release an alpha test version.

Stay tuned - Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elevens
02-16-2006, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I finally found a workaround for my main (unforeseen) problem before I went to bed last night, and I have a semi-working prototype version now.

Even so, there are still some issues with both speed and stability (which could be much more extreme on other people's systems, so this needs working on more before I can get to the stage of alpha testing). It also appears that Party have decided to release their new software just today and this might undo some of my work.

As soon as I see the new software then it will be clearer if anything they have done will make any difference to this project, but due to all these problems (and my other commitments are building up) it could be a little longer than expected before I can release an alpha test version.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the update.

soma_
02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
I hope the update didn't spoil your work too much. Let us know.

soma_
02-16-2006, 05:50 PM
And since the new party went live and Blinder is killed, it would be sweet if you could add in a blinder feature for Hero's chips.

jukofyork
02-16-2006, 10:04 PM
If blinder just died, then so long as it not hurt my method too, then it should be fairly easy to get going again.

Just got back in from live game and very tired, but tomorrow I will check out exactly what the update has effected.

jukofyork
02-17-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi to all those interested,

I now now have an alpha test version ready and would like to get some peeps to try it out.

If you reply to this thread, then I will PM you the link on the agreement that you do not spread the file to others, you accept that it might crash, and agree to give me feedback (either +ve or -ve), as without feedback I can't really be sure of its usefulness and/or its stability.

I don't want to post a link to the public yet, as it could be very unstable (this is 1st alpha version and uses some tricks that could make it buggy as hell and I don't want people to be losing $ from it crashing - ie: if you want to test it then expect possible crashes! /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

So far it <u>just converts $'s to BB</u> for the following:

1. Central pot sizes.
2. Bet amounts.
3. Stack sizes.

It also currently <u>only</u> works on LIMIT RING GAMES, but after a few people have tested it I will improve and add the other features. I just don't want to spend too much longer on this idea if the idea turns out to flawed and unstable/slow... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

_TKO_
02-17-2006, 01:37 PM
PM me please.

EDIT: PS. Thank you for your work here!

d-baggery
02-17-2006, 01:40 PM
program pls.

soma_
02-17-2006, 01:54 PM
What about NL SNG support? /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Please PM me for testing ASA you have SNG support.

jukofyork
02-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Sry, no SNG or blinder support yet, but if you check your PM then I sent the link so you can just open a few Limit Ring-game tables and see if it is stable (you don't have to play, just watch them) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elevens
02-17-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm in. PM me, please.

Josh.
02-17-2006, 03:19 PM
i would love to try this thing out

witeknite
02-17-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm game.

WiteKnite

jukofyork
02-17-2006, 04:08 PM
I think this could be my fault again, as a couple of people are having problems opening the zipfile:

I think it is the extra '.' in the name that is most likely causing the problems (sry!).

To solve this just dl from the link I PMed you, then rename the zip and remove the extra '.' symbol.

If the zip still says it is unknown format or corrupt, then look at the link in the PM I sent, and I have now posted a .rar file with the same name at the same url, so hopefully this will work.

So far I not had any bad feedback about crashes/slowdowns (fingers crossed!), but think I will wait until tommorrow to post the link for everybody - just to be on the safe side.

It will then be much easier for everybody to post their thoughts/problems here (I getting flooded with PMs...) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Roland
02-17-2006, 05:32 PM
I'm in. Thanks man.

jukofyork
02-17-2006, 05:47 PM
So far these three issues have come up, so plz don't PM me if you see these happening (I am working on fixing them right now):

(1) If tables of different limits are opened and overlapping, then sometimes it will mess up and use the wrong limit's BB amount as the divisor - this cause strange amounts to be displayed rather than BB's.

(2) I been told that when sometimes new people join a table their $ is displayed at $ rather than as BB.

(3) Sometimes the amounts in the <u>lobby</u> get changed too by accident (so instead of seeing "$5/$10", you see "5" or something like this.

I think all of these are linked to the same problem, which is caused by a 'workaround' to a problem I hit developing this. I will have to try to find a better workaround /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So far no reports of bad crashes or slowdowns (the original version I had was much slower, so the new idea seems to be working better). I just gota get the three things above fixed.

Also, if it turns out to be just not doing anything at all, then plz try using my other util called AutoResizer and just check to see if it can detect the dimensions of an open table. I have a feeling the new way I am detecting party tables via the titlebar is not working on everybody's system, and this code uses the same code as AutoResizer to get table names/limit.

Roland
02-17-2006, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, if it turns out to be just not doing anything at all, then plz try using my other util called AutoResizer and just check to see if it can detect the dimensions of an open table. I have a feeling the new way I am detecting party tables via the titlebar is not working on everybody's system, and this code uses the same code as AutoResizer to get table names/limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Juk, auto-resizer can detect my tables just fine but the $-&gt; BB util's doing nothing at all (tested with holdem too).
Hide $ on auto-resizer not working either btw (same problem?).

jukofyork
02-17-2006, 06:19 PM
Try the alternative DLL I just send in PM and see if this does anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Hide $ on auto-resizer not working either btw (same problem?).

[/ QUOTE ]
I should have removed this option, as it used to just quickly close the cashier window (but now the cashier always visible on the lobby and can't hide $ anymore).

Is auto buyin and auto-waitlist working fine for you still?

POKhER
02-17-2006, 06:20 PM
shoot.

Roland
02-17-2006, 06:31 PM
Nope, no luck.

Sorry, saw the hide $ option and thought it was new, lol.

Auto buy-in and all still working fine.

jukofyork
02-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Oh well, back to the drawing board for the $ -&gt; BB thing it seems. Sadly my workaround didn't work out as hoped /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well on the bright side at least its not crashing: just either refusing to work or displaying strange stuff lol /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Roland
02-17-2006, 06:43 PM
Okay, I'll try and fix the script now then. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elevens
02-18-2006, 10:16 AM
I only got to play with it briefly, but it seemed to work beautifully.

jukofyork
02-18-2006, 11:10 AM
Hey thanks for the feedback /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is almost working! But I come across some pretty heavy obstacles making it work 100% as I had hoped.

The good news is the methods I am using this time don't seem to be causing bad stability problems like my two previous attempts (which were so unstable on my PC I never even released them for testing). I haven't had any reports of bad crashes or slowdowns as of yet. So the alpha has at least proved this... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Basically so long as you just <u>play a single limit</u>, it works ok (other than the odd time where it starts changing the $ values in the lobby - but this is all related to the other obstacles, so eventually this will be fixed too).

For example those who play just 2/4 or just 15/30 it is working ok for them.

<u>If you play multiple limits at the same time, then all sorts of strange stuff start happening, so I wouldn't recommend using it if you are playing multiple limits just yet.</u>

Also, until I fix the current problem I cannot yet add either SNG support nor add the 'blinder' like support. The problem I face is actually something which on the outside seems VERY trivial, but is actually a pretty hard problem underneath, and it is this which is at the root of all the reported problems with this alpha version.

I have finally got to the bottom of what is causing these problems now and now know how to solve it, but it will most likely be a few days before I get time to try fixing it (it is a pretty major bit of low level coding and will take alot of testing to be sure I have done this correctly and it will work for everybodies PCs).

I will keep this thread updated with progress and will hopefully have a new test version ready over the next few days.

Elevens
02-18-2006, 03:18 PM
So far the only thing that was a bit goofy was when I first started playing, it seemed like I had to make a full orbit before all the players bets/blinds were showing up as BBs.

BTW, I actually like that my BR (at the table) show up as BBs. I think it also helps with tilt.

jukofyork
02-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes, I can see this goofy behaviour might happen and all this should be fixed in the next test version. If you minimize then restore the table this should make all the values go back to BBs.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, I actually like that my BR (at the table) show up as BBs. I think it also helps with tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think this idea might also help (psychologically) when moving limits.

I am looking forward to when I get the blinder like code added, as then it should be possible to hide your table BR until it say hits 12BB (me = limit player /images/graemlins/smile.gif ).

At least I know how to fix the problems now, but just need to find some time to do it (bigger job than all the rest), but will try asap. Also I will try to make the interface a little more intuitive (its a 'juk classic' atm with the messagebox which say OK - sry, most of my coding background is either research or low-level, and I am first to admit my interfaces suck! /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

Elevens
02-20-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm using it right now, for the most part, it's working fine.

My table BR seems to alternate between BBs and $, though.

jukofyork
02-20-2006, 11:56 AM
Just found how to fix the problem I had and the good news is *ALL* goofiness should be gone now and it should work for multiple limits at the same time! (and SNG support and advanced blinder support should be easy now!)

I think my method has proved to be stabe enough for general posting (no crash reports so far) and should have alpha v0.02 ready for testing in a few hours! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

soma_
02-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Alpha v.02 better have that SNG support!

jukofyork
02-20-2006, 03:01 PM
Ok, I am trying atm /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have a black table mod and it took me a while to see the box you mentioned before. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just a couple of quick questions about NL:

1. For SNG's I should be using the 400 from this text: "Stakes (200/400)" (I only ask because after seeing the 0.5BB for limits games I wondered if Small bets were more sensible) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. For NL ring games, if I divide the buy amount by 100 (eg: it says 2000NL in the title bar), then I get the size of a big blind. Is this always true, and is this what people want?

jukofyork
02-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Well, I have to finally accept a partial defeat on this and need to work on other projects urgently, but will come back to this when I have more time... I thought I had finally solved the main problem, but alas I have not actually fixed it as hoped.

The new version of the test app is here (http://www.freewebs.com/jukofyork/DollarToBB_v0_02h.zip) (right click and select 'save as' if you have problems with the link) and it does appear to be fairly stable and has a better GUI than the old test version.

I have tried to fix it up as best as possible and it should no longer do strange stuff like change the $ amounts in the lobby into BBs etc, <u>BUT it is still not functioning as hoped and will do strange stuff if different limits are open at the same time</u> (this is not what I had hoped for originally... /images/graemlins/frown.gif ).

This version has an extra 'refresh' option, which will fix messed up window(s). To fix them, first select the offending window and then hit refresh and all should be displayed in BB again.

It will also work on NL and SNGs, and I also tried pretty much every game type I could see on party and all was ok. <u>BUT if you have multiple SNGs playing simultaneously (which I guess most people will do who would like to use this), then most likely each SNG will be at different blind levels and you will get the same strange stuff happening as if you try to play multiple limits at the same time</u>.

Also, the idea of an advanced blinder utility is going to be harder unless I get this final problem fixed, BUT I will try to add that to a version asap.

If it turns out I don't get much time to fix this, then I will at least add some code to make sure that all tables displayed are of the same limit, and this will avoid all of the goofy stuff it still does.

PS: I do know that it starts displaying stuff in $'s every-time the lobby is selected, but its been a long day and this has really [censored] me off today and I will fix this asap when I add the code to force a single limit: <font color="red"><u>Windoze 1 - Juk 0</u></font> /images/graemlins/mad.gif

jukofyork
02-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi,

If anybody else is having trouble with the link on my free host, then I also hosted the latest test version here (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gnuholdem/files/).

Nothing to do with the GNUHoldem project, but its my group and it just saves me having to mail the file multiple times (not sure if its my free web-host causing the problems?) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
02-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Started a new sub-thread for second test version here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4810294).

(Trying to avoid confusion...) - Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

soma_
02-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Keep up the good work.

_TKO_
02-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Might as well keep giving feedback, while you're listening:
(Fixed limit) I opened a table and watched it while I waited for a seat. BB displayed fine. I sat down and my stack showed in $. After the next hand, everything was back to $. I hit the Refresh button and everything was still in $.

jukofyork
02-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Sry, I know there is a problem with this version (I spent all day yesterday trying to fix the multiple limits problem, but haven't found a method that works yet and this attempt is actually worse than the original I think). But, just wanted to do a quick test again before I tried to fix it up as best as I can. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Later today I will have a version which will work so long as you only have the same limit tables open, and if it sees you have multiple tables open with different limits, it will auto-disable itself and warn the user than multiple limits is a nono atm. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It also needs an option to turn it on/off adding too in case of emergencies.

Will have v0.03 ready in a few hours... stay tuned /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elevens
02-21-2006, 12:10 PM
I wasn't able to test your last version (for reasons I can't remember).

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for your efforts on this.

One suggestion (to add to your list). Is it possible to have the flop bets (and pot size) reflect a BB of the smaller flop bet and then change to full size bets on subsequent streets? If not, no big deal. I just have to keep reminding myself to pay attention to the .5 bets on the flop in regards to the actual pot size rather than forgetting it's not a full size bet.

SlantNGo
02-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Does it only work on the new Party Poker? I can't seem to get it working on Empire Poker.

Elevens
02-21-2006, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does it only work on the new Party Poker? I can't seem to get it working on Empire Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he designed it with Party Poker in mind.

supersub
02-22-2006, 07:33 AM
i cant get this app to work. it opens ok but nothing happens. any idea whats going on?

jukofyork
02-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Currently it only works on Party, but very easy to make it work for the skins.

Will do this for next version.

jukofyork
02-22-2006, 09:27 AM
I think I see what you mean.

You would like it to display in small-bets for the first two rounds, then start displaying in big-bets for the turn and river?

The problem I face atm is going to make this hard to do, as the problem involves knowing which amounts are to be drawn on which windows (this is why for the next test I am going to check and insist all tables are of the same limit).

When I first looked into this problem I thought there was going to be an elegant and easy solution to all this, but I have since then found this is much much harder than I first thought bc of the way windows handles itself.

I can see ways around it, but all involve much more work and also these methods might be pretty unstable. I would much rather use the simple elegant method I have atm, than risk using a more complex method which could cause all of the amounts to be disappear etc.

I am hoping to get the next test release done today (sry didn't have time yesterday....), and I think it turned out my attempt to fix the problem actually made even more goofy stuff to happen from the feedback I have so far (ie: v0.01 methods were more stable than v0.02).

I can add an option to use the small bet amount easily if this helps (so amounts will then be 1 for 1st two rounds, then 2 for turn/river), as I agree the 0.5BB is not ideal for mental division.

Leader
02-22-2006, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i cant get this app to work. it opens ok but nothing happens. any idea whats going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

jukofyork
02-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Will have a hopefully working version ready either later today or tomorrow depending on time.

I not 100% sure if it will work for everybody...

Try this with test version #2, just to give some feedback:

1. Start up party.
2. Start up DollarToBB
3. Open up a limit ring game.
4. Minimize the lobby.
5. Click on the table.
6. Click Refreash on DollarToBB.
7. If (6) failt to do anything, try minimizing and then restoring the table.

Any feedback will help, but the next test version will force a single limit for all tables and most of this weirdness should stop.

Can't promise how long it will take, but test version #3 will be posted here soon - Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leader
02-22-2006, 01:57 PM
I went through the steps twice. The table does give a little blink when I hit refresh but nothing changes.

jukofyork
02-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Ok, one other thing to try is to see if v0.01 works any better. I didn't give out the link to this originally as was worried about stability, but it seems stable enough and had no bad reports:

http://www.freewebs.com/jukofyork/test_v0_01.zip
http://www.freewebs.com/jukofyork/test_v0_01.rar

- If the link not work, then try right clicking and use 'save as'.

Steps to run v0.01:

1. Open Party.
2. Run "$ -&gt; BB.exe"
3. Don't press OK - just leave this messagebox open.
4. Open a limit ring game.
5. If nothing happens, try minimizing/restoring the table like b4.
6. Close down party <u>before</u> pressing OK on the messagebox (sry this was 1st test version - very poor interface...).

I used a different method for finding the windows in v0.01, see if this helps... Again sry for the rough and ready interface, but this version was just to test out if the idea was feasible, v0.03 should be better and hopefully work better too! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also, anybody else who couldn't get v0.02 to work, and not tried v0.01, plz try and see if this works for you (just be careful not to press 'OK' while party is running...).

d-baggery
02-22-2006, 02:47 PM
works here.

jukofyork
02-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Did v0.01 work, and v0.02 not work?

supersub
02-22-2006, 03:29 PM
no version works for me on my laptop. but i can get it (0.02) to work on my desktop.

d-baggery
02-22-2006, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did v0.01 work, and v0.02 not work?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, i dont see a link to v0.02

jukofyork
02-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Forget v0.02 (its at the top in a new sub-thread, but it works worse than v0.01...) - hopefully v0.03 will be ready soon and *should* work for everybody I hope! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will post the link shortly (just testing it on a few other machines to see how it gets on).

Leader
02-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Nope v0.01 doesn't work for me either.

jukofyork
02-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Finally have test version # 3 ready to try - hopefully this will work and not do such goofy stuff! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Main link for v0.03b is here (http://www.freewebs.com/jukofyork/DollarToBB_v0_03b.zip) (right click and use 'save as' to save the zip file).

If this link fails then I have also uploaded it to the GNUHoldem file area which is here (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gnuholdem/files/).

I have had to disable SNG support for this test version (sorry but this was causing extra problems but will try to add this back in ASAP /images/graemlins/smile.gif ), and please note it works a bit differently to the last two versions:

Once you have opened a table of a certain limit, then DollarToBB will use this limit until it is closed.

To start playing on a new limit, then exit and restart both PartyPoker and DollarToBB. If you try to play a new limit or multiple limits, the original BB amount will be used (this can be used to trick DollarToBB into using/displaying SBs rather than BBs if you open a table one limit lower than you normal play before opening tables of the limit you really wish to play).

Also, this still only works on PartyPoker (Empire and skins will be added to a later version).

Hope this works this time - Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

d-baggery
02-22-2006, 10:32 PM
heh, link still doesn't work for me. Guess I'm stuck with v.01

jukofyork
02-22-2006, 10:37 PM
For me v0.03 is working much better, but not sure for others yet? (v0.02 was worse and worked on less peoples PC than v0.1, so you didn't miss much there! lol) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PM me an i can mail you the zip if you want? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did you try both links? I tried to upload to two places this time...

jukofyork
02-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Ok, I think there is something wrong with my zipfile again /images/graemlins/frown.gif Sry!

I used winrar to zip it and again it seems to appear corrupt for a few people...

Here are the links to the same version, but in winrar format:

http://www.freewebs.com/jukofyork/DollarToBB_v0_03b.rar

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gnuholdem/files/

Hope the rar files work if the zip doesn't, but plz just mail me if you have any problems with them.

Kimmo
02-23-2006, 04:26 AM
just hurry up with the blinder please /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
02-23-2006, 09:53 AM
Just gota get to test if this version works ok for people first. If the $-&gt;BB is not working, then the blinder will also not work for same reasons.

So plz try the DollarToBB app first and then vote in the poll on how it is working for you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BaThR0oM
02-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Blinder! Blinder! lol
Hey Juk, I've been waiting patiently like a grasshopper. I've tried your $$toBB programs versions 2 and 3 but, no cigar. Really appreciate your hard work with the program. Good Luck with it.

jukofyork
02-23-2006, 12:48 PM
I gona give it a while, and see how this version gets on in general.

I had three attempts now and seems like it only works for about 50% of systems (and strangely some people have reported v1, v2, &amp; v3 all working differently).

I usually give out the source for stuff I do, but I am worried this will get misused and increase the likelihood of it being banned (I tried hard to make it only do the $-&gt;BB thing, and no pot odds etc... + it could be misused for other stuff also...).

Eventually though this might be my only option, as I have tried hard to get to the bottom of why it won't work for everybody, as if 'blinder' worked before for them, their should be no reason why this isn't working and I am using the same techniques... very strange but maybe it has something to do with the new party client /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gona give it a few more days now with this version and see what feedback I get, then decide what is best course to take - Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT: Another option is to try to get a few people to run some tests using another application to try to track down what is going wrong. I already had somebody do this for stars to see if the idea worked their and its not too hard to explain what is needed. But again, will give it a few days until I try this... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leader
02-23-2006, 12:59 PM
I tried the .rar file still no luck.

jukofyork
02-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Was the rar corrupted or was it that the app didn't work?

The zip and the rar have exactly the same contents, its just some people seem to be finding it hard to open my zip files, so I made a 2nd copy as a rar for those who couldn't open my zip.

This project seems to have gremlins fighting against me LOLOL /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Elevens
02-23-2006, 08:13 PM
I can't get either link to even download.

The first one says that the site doesn't exist.
The second says I need to be a member of the group.

_TKO_
02-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Okay there seems to be a lot of problems with juk's site, so I'm rehosting the file on my website:

http://www.westernpoker.org/dollarBB/DollarToBB_v0_03b.zip

This link should have no problems, as it's a private site.

EDIT: If that link doesn't work, try to download this file and rename the extension from to "zip". There are sometimes problems associated with downloading zip files off the web.

http://www.westernpoker.org/dollarBB/DollarToBB_v0_03b.tko

jukofyork
02-23-2006, 08:36 PM
Hey, sry me and my free host don't seem to be getting on... alot of people have had the same problems /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just saw xTKOx has re-hosted it for me, so hope this will fix the problems people are getting. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

For future versions I will have to try to find a better hosting method (I hoped adding to the GNUHoldem group would solve some of the problems, but didn't realize needed membership to dl files - sry!) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
02-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Hey, ty for this! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alot of people have had problems with my links and corrupted zips, so hopefully this will solve it and more people can give feedback. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ty again - Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

_dave_
02-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Awesome work Juk, most impressive.

I d/l the 0.3 version a few hours ago, and have observed a few Party tables since then - no goofiness for me here (A64, XP Pro, Party V.90) but I do not have an account @ Party - do issues only show up when actually sitting at a table?
I don't know if I should cast a vote or not without actually playing.

I have observed some limit tables, mostly NL - was really pleased to see NL working, since there has been little comment in this regard so far. I guess most here are limit players.
[ QUOTE ]
(me = limit player).

[/ QUOTE ]
Me = NL player (small stakes)

To try and offer some help:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I absolutely agree, this would be a superb "anti scared-money" tool when moving up the levels. Myself, I can play properly at $NL25, $NL50 and usually $NL100, but if i sit at an $NL200 table I get totally thrown off my game by the bet sizes.

I am sure I am not the only SSNL player suffering from this, once you are happy with the code you should post a link in the SSNL forum, I'm sure you'd get plenty useful feedback from the NL players there if you want.

[ QUOTE ]

2. For NL ring games, if I divide the buy amount by 100 (eg: it says 2000NL in the title bar), then I get the size of a big blind. Is this always true, and is this what people want?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes and Yes, for almost all sites the max buyin is 100x BB - Absolute is an exeption I think, they offer some 200xBB games, but the sites I play (Stars, Old-Skool Party Skins, Crypto, Pacific) are all 100x BB capped buyin. If anyone else knows different, please post.

[ QUOTE ]

I am looking forward to when I get the blinder like code added, as then it should be possible to hide your table BR until it say hits 12BB (me = limit player ).

[/ QUOTE ]
Important anti-tilt feature for limit players I guess, but player stack size is vital to the NL player - we always need as much as is allowed on the table. Please let this be an on/off option.

I hope this is of some help,

dave. (patiently awaiting Stars / Party-Skins support)

Edit: Forgot to mention this when posting - If (when /images/graemlins/smile.gif) you add support for PokerStars, you shoud contact them - email support, PM Lee Jones, and have your program added to the list of acceptable programs here (http://www.pokerstars.com/prohibited_programs.html).

PokerAce, PokerTracker, GT+ and others are explicitly listed as acceptable, whereas PokerEdge, StarSpy etc. are prohibited here. If only Party was so clear about their policies.

It may be worthy of note (to the limit player) that Poker Office is on the acceptable list - this provides real-time pot-odds, so maybe not something to worry about so much, at least where Stars is concerned.

Maybe it is worth contacting Stars before putting any effort in to adding support - I'm sure they can view what your fine program offers, and add you to the acceptable list of player-aid software if they so desire. Not that I can imagine why any site would have a problem with this software, but it never hurts to have the official OK.

jukofyork
02-23-2006, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I d/l the 0.3 version a few hours ago, and have observed a few Party tables since then - no goofiness for me here (A64, XP Pro, Party V.90) but I do not have an account @ Party - do issues only show up when actually sitting at a table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most likely it will work for you then from the feedback I have so far. It seems to either work or just do nothing (to start with I was worried about stability, but this seems not to be an issue atm).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I absolutely agree, this would be a superb "anti scared-money" tool when moving up the levels. Myself, I can play properly at $NL25, $NL50 and usually $NL100, but if i sit at an $NL200 table I get totally thrown off my game by the bet sizes.

I am sure I am not the only SSNL player suffering from this, once you are happy with the code you should post a link in the SSNL forum, I'm sure you'd get plenty useful feedback from the NL players there if you want

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds a good idea, the more feedback I get the better! I might be able to narrow down why it fails for some people then... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes and Yes, for almost all sites the max buyin is 100x BB - Absolute is an exeption I think, they offer some 200xBB games, but the sites I play (Stars, Old-Skool Party Skins, Crypto, Pacific) are all 100x BB capped buyin. If anyone else knows different, please post.

[/ QUOTE ]

So far it only works on Party, but somebody tested stars to see if the same idea was possible and it looked hopeful! Not tried any other sites yet - just trying to iron out the goofiness at party first, then add empire support and see how that goes... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am looking forward to when I get the blinder like code added, as then it should be possible to hide your table BR until it say hits 12BB (me = limit player ).

[/ QUOTE ]
Important anti-tilt feature for limit players I guess, but player stack size is vital to the NL player - we always need as much as is allowed on the table. Please let this be an on/off option.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should be and can understand why this not help NL (for limit thought might help some, and if can set a 12BB alarm then could be very cool for limit players). I also hope to allow stack sizes in BB/$ etc to be configurable in later versions.

[ QUOTE ]
dave. (patiently awaiting Stars / Party-Skins support /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire and skins is next, and by then hopefully I will know what makes it fail for some people and can think about other sites!

Thanks for the comments and feedback - Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

curious123
02-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Using it for NL ring as we speak juk, and all I can say is- I love you. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jukofyork
02-23-2006, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Using it for NL ring as we speak juk, and all I can say is- I love you. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, thats going too far! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

But seriously glad it is working for you, just wish it worked for everybody! Hopefully soon will... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
02-23-2006, 11:23 PM
To all those who were asking about blinder - see here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4851079&amp;an=0&amp;page=0# Post4851079)!

Elevens
02-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Juk, I'm looking forward to playing with 3.0 tonight. Thanks for all your hard work.

Leader
02-24-2006, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was the rar corrupted or was it that the app didn't work?

The zip and the rar have exactly the same contents, its just some people seem to be finding it hard to open my zip files, so I made a 2nd copy as a rar for those who couldn't open my zip.

This project seems to have gremlins fighting against me LOLOL /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No it was the app.

TheScientist
02-24-2006, 07:06 PM
This is one of the coolest apps I've ever seen, and is going to take a place with PokerTracker and PAHUD in my setup. I'm hoping you'll add support for a few more programs soon. (Absolute Please!)

jukofyork
02-24-2006, 07:55 PM
Sry, just had to ask after I had so many problems with the zip files and links and ty for the feedback (either -ve or +ve feedback is very helpful) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is my next big task: to try to get to the bottom of why it won't work for every bodies system.

Hopefully I will get to the bottom of this soon (3rd attempt now...) - just short on time atm and have other projects pending, but will come back to this problem soon I promise /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
02-24-2006, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Juk, I'm looking forward to playing with 3.0 tonight. Thanks for all your hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]

NP, and hope it works ok for you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
02-24-2006, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is one of the coolest apps I've ever seen, and is going to take a place with PokerTracker and PAHUD in my setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

TY, glad it helpful and ty for the feedback! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm hoping you'll add support for a few more programs soon. (Absolute Please!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully in the end it will work on many different sites (somebody did some tests for me and it may work on stars quite easily, but not sure about other sites yet).

Also, atm it's not working for everybody, and I hope to try to get to the bottom of this before moving onto and adding other ideas. I found from experience that adding to something which still contains unexplainable bugs usually leads to huge problems later on, so gota iron this out first! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully I will have more time to work on this soon, and I am pretty sure it will just be a matter of time before I get chance to rethink/retry some new methods for v0.04 and see if I can get to the bottom of this.

_dave_
02-24-2006, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is my next big task: to try to get to the bottom of why it won't work for every bodies system.

Hopefully I will get to the bottom of this soon (3rd attempt now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have PAHUD? maybe you could implement a feature similar to PAHUD's "Logging/Superlogging" in an effort to pin down where things are failing for the unlucky ones out there? Output pertinant variables / current task to a txt file when entering &amp; exiting each function, etc.

People could post their logfiles if something doesn't go quite right.

Just an idea, I have no idea how you have coded this, maybe more hassle than it's worth...

Keep up the good work,

dave.

jukofyork
02-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Luckily the app is much simpler than PAHUD, so no where near as hard to track this down.

I know it can only be one of three things which is failing and was planning to make a post explaining how to help me track the problem down using another free utility.

But I think logging would make this easier than me trying to explain a method like this. Its unlikely I will get time to do this for a few days, and was hoping more peeps would vote in the poll about their experiences (so far only 3:3 votes, but had alot more peeps than 6 PM me and post feedback here, so maybe the poll idea didn't work so well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif).

[ QUOTE ]
Just an idea, I have no idea how you have coded this, maybe more hassle than it's worth...

[/ QUOTE ]

The methods it uses are fairly low level, but the idea is pretty simple and elegant (and luckily proved stable, as this was my main fear to start with...), but I had to make decision to not open source this for two reasons:

(1) If I open source it then i fear it will instantly be adapted to do stuff like print pot odds and eventually get banned, thus losing the project for us all and undoing the time I put in so far.

(2) I also fear the same methods could be misused to do other stuff, thus again making it more likely to get banned or linked to a banned app based on the modified source.

I hoping this app can develop into something quite useful which will work on multiple sites eventually, and would also like to point out that <u>I do not ever intend to sell this and it will always be free!</u> (as with anything else I release), but my reason for keeping this closed-source is simply to protect the project from possible misuse. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully I can get to the bottom of why some people are having problems, as in theory anybody who can use the 'blinder' utility without problems, should be able to use DollarToBB without problems, but this is currently not the case, so the logging idea sounds much easier than my 'help me debug it with tool X' idea! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leader
02-25-2006, 12:12 AM
I can't use the new blinder either. Just FYI

jukofyork
02-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Did you go though the process of uninstalling/reinstalling the new blinder? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I too couldn't get it working, then somebody found that it had to be reinstalled like this from the control panel or it didn't work (see this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4853078) thread).

Also, did the old blinder work ok for you?

The Funky Llama
02-25-2006, 02:53 AM
Is it possible for bet sizes to be changed on the flop to units of 1 rather than .5?

In other words on the flop the bet size is ".5" instead of 1 so its a little more difficult to compute pot odds. Can you make the bet size "1" like it is on the turn and river?

Layzie
02-25-2006, 03:16 AM
this app is great... thanks.

Layzie
02-25-2006, 03:22 AM
I play .50/1 and the small blind is shown as .3, presumably because it rounds the .25... is there anyway for this to be changed to .25? not a big deal though...

great work.

Elevens
02-25-2006, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible for bet sizes to be changed on the flop to units of 1 rather than .5?

In other words on the flop the bet size is ".5" instead of 1 so its a little more difficult to compute pot odds. Can you make the bet size "1" like it is on the turn and river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Juk is already looking into adding this as an option.

cbloom
02-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Does this work for no limit when you type in the amount you want to bet? I mean, can you type in the amount in terms of bigbets/bigblinds, not dollars?

jukofyork
02-25-2006, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Juk is already looking into adding this as an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this has been asked for already and I will have to investigate this more to see how easily it can be added.

To do this I need to find a way to detect the current round (which I guess is fairly easy). As soon as I find a reliable method of finding which amount goes with which table/window, I can add this along with the ability to use/display different BB divisors for different limits simultaneously. As of yet, I have not found a decent way to match the amounts with the tables, and hence this is why v0.03 is forcing all tables to use the same BB amount.

Also, before adding any more I think the next test version will pretty much be the same, but will have some kind of logging ability to help track down the reason why it fails to work for a few people (its not in my nature to ever add features to code which contains a known bug in it - I learnt this the hard way many years ago...) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

EDIT: One trick to try until I improve the code (which might make it a bit easier to do the mental divisions), is to open a table one limit lower than you normally play as soon as you start the application. Then when you play your normal limit, the amounts will be like playing $1/$2 rather than $0.5/$1. Still not sure though if this really helps, and do agree it would be nice to always use the current round bet-size as the base.

jukofyork
02-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the feedback! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes, this should not be a problem to fix and I can make it round to any # of dp (I just chose 1dp as this seemed most obvious thing to do). If/when I add the feature to display the first two rounds in small bets, then hopefully all amounts can be displayed as 0dp or 1dp depending on what you prefer.

I never envisioned that any .50/1 players would be using this, as it pretty much displays all limits with the same info as .50/1! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

One trick you might like to try (not sure how helpful it will be though), is to find a NL table or a beginners table where the BB is 0.25, open this table first, then all amounts will be displayed like 1/2 when you open 0.5/1 tables.

jukofyork
02-25-2006, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does this work for no limit when you type in the amount you want to bet? I mean, can you type in the amount in terms of bigbets/bigblinds, not dollars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet, but hopefully soon I will make it display the amounts for call/raise buttons for limit players in BBs too. If this works then I can think about the best way to do the same for NL players.

Leader
02-25-2006, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you go though the process of uninstalling/reinstalling the new blinder? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I too couldn't get it working, then somebody found that it had to be reinstalled like this from the control panel or it didn't work (see this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4853078) thread).

Also, did the old blinder work ok for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the new blinder works now. The old one worked for me too. The $ to BB app is still a no go however.

The Funky Llama
02-25-2006, 03:33 PM
that would be great. By the way, thank you so much for the excellent program. You're the man.

jukofyork
02-25-2006, 04:26 PM
As soon as I get time, then will add some logging ability to v0.04 and hopefully can get to the bottom of this - if blinder works now then it looks hopeful /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Elevens
02-25-2006, 05:52 PM
V3 worked great for me, Juk.

Thanks!

jukofyork
02-25-2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback again! /images/graemlins/smile.gif V3 seems the least goofy of them all, but still a couple of peeps having problem running it.

I was gona take a look at this today and try to get the logging added for the new version, but had a killer headache all day and just been resting...

Will try to take a look tomorrow or Monday, then after the bug been tracked down can think about what to add next. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

curious123
02-25-2006, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not yet, but hopefully soon I will make it display the amounts for call/raise buttons for limit players in BBs too. If this works then I can think about the best way to do the same for NL players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, this would be great.

mistermuni
02-28-2006, 06:18 PM
Any way tot take off the chips on partypoker? It's still pretty easy to see how much is in the pot just by seeing 4 blue chips in the pot, (or 3 reds depending on what limit you play). What to do?

-grant

Roland
02-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Resize them to one pixel I guess. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jukofyork
02-28-2006, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Resize them to one pixel I guess. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to post and say no don't think anything I can do to stop this, but never considered this solution! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Also on a simliar note, I suppose you could copy the same chip denomination over the top of all the others?

mistermuni
02-28-2006, 07:03 PM
interesting ideas. Im semi stupid though so i'm not sure i'll be able to pull this off myself. Go into the partygaming/partypoker/images folder, and tamper with the images that have chip denominations on them? eek i dunno if im that bold, would hate to mess something up

jukofyork
02-28-2006, 07:15 PM
Just make a copy of the partygaming/partypoker/images folder and then if you do mess up, you can always copy it back. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You should be careful about reinstalling, as their is s rumour that bad things can happen when you reinstall - see this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4891675) sub-thread.

_TKO_
02-28-2006, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
interesting ideas. Im semi stupid though so i'm not sure i'll be able to pull this off myself. Go into the partygaming/partypoker/images folder, and tamper with the images that have chip denominations on them? eek i dunno if im that bold, would hate to mess something up

[/ QUOTE ]

Create a new folder in the same directory and move all the images of chips into it. If something screws up, you can just move the images back where they came from and everything will be fine.

jukofyork
03-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi, just had a PM asking about this bug:

[ QUOTE ]
When playing 3-6 it doesnt seem to work like at other limits--maybe because of the 1/3rd blind structure? It lists the small blind as .3 and bing blind as .8. Then on the big betting rounds the big bet is 1.5

I was wondering if there is a way i can change this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I ask if anybody else has the same problem (I can't seem to replicate this on my system).

Also, I will be coming back to this project sometime after the weekend and should have some extra logging/debugging fucntionality added for v0.04 to try to get to the bottom of these! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

_dave_
03-04-2006, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi, just had a PM asking about this bug:

[ QUOTE ]
When playing 3-6 it doesnt seem to work like at other limits--maybe because of the 1/3rd blind structure? It lists the small blind as .3 and bing blind as .8. Then on the big betting rounds the big bet is 1.5

I was wondering if there is a way i can change this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I ask if anybody else has the same problem (I can't seem to replicate this on my system).

[/ QUOTE ]

I can replicate this one - simply open a $2/$4 table prior to opening a $3/$6, bet sizes will be exactly as described (0.3, 0.8, 1.5). This is the most likely explaination IMHO. Version 0.3 used for my tests, and I am observing only.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, I will be coming back to this project sometime after the weekend and should have some extra logging/debugging fucntionality added for v0.04 to try to get to the bottom of these! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to hear it, keep up the good work,

dave.

jukofyork
03-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Yes, sry I should have posted a follow up to this. It was that they had opened a 2/4 table just before opening a 3/6 table, but it was the 0.8 and 1.5 that made me wonder what was going on! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Until I get time to look into this more, then plz remember that the BB amount use for the division is based on the first table you open. The BB amount used cannot be changed without restating both party and DollarToBB. Hopefully this won't be forever (v0.01 and v0.02 both had different failed methods of trying to solve this problem...), but atm I just want to make sure it works OK for everybody before trying to add anything new.

*TT*
03-05-2006, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur. The small streets bets should be doubled to correspond with the size of the small bets. Currently pre-flop and flop shows denominations in big bets... clearly this is an error.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

jukofyork
03-05-2006, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur. The small streets bets should be doubled to correspond with the size of the small bets. Currently pre-flop and flop shows denominations in big bets... clearly this is an error.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and think this idea is definitely much better than all the 0.5's that it currently displays. Hopefully I will be able to add this at the same time as I fix the problem with multiple limits all having to use the same divisor.

I guess for NL people would still want all streets to still use the same divisor and I should keep this option configurable?

*TT*
03-05-2006, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and think this idea is definitely much better than all the 0.5's that it currently displays. Hopefully I will be able to add this at the same time as I fix the problem with multiple limits all having to use the same divisor.

I guess for NL people would still want all streets to still use the same divisor and I should keep this option configurable?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine a NL play wanting to play with a bet counting tool... but if they do (I wouldn't) then it should be a configurable option.

jukofyork
03-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I think possibly it would be more helpful to NL players if it allowed somehow the bet amounts to be entered in BBs (but I honestly not looked this far yet, and this may be impossible or very hard to implement). I never really thought NL players would use this until somebody posted in this thread about how it helped them play higher limits less scared.

I also hope to make it so the Call/Raise buttons display the amounts in BB eventually, but again not sure how much use this (I personally never look at the button amounts - only the table's state).

*TT*
03-06-2006, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think possibly it would be more helpful to NL players if it allowed somehow the bet amounts to be entered in BBs (but I honestly not looked this far yet, and this may be impossible or very hard to implement). I never really thought NL players would use this until somebody posted in this thread about how it helped them play higher limits less scared.

I also hope to make it so the Call/Raise buttons display the amounts in BB eventually, but again not sure how much use this (I personally never look at the button amounts - only the table's state).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the app has helped me a lot already, I added another table because its much easier now that I don't have to convert odd dollar amounts in my head. As an option for the future to consider, it would be cool if there was also a rolling count of the pot size (in bets of course) so there is no need for on the fly calculation when the bets get fast &amp; wild.

BigBrother
03-06-2006, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

As an option for the future to consider, it would be cool if there was also a rolling count of the pot size (in bets of course) so there is no need for on the fly calculation when the bets get fast &amp; wild.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!! This would, in fact be THE most valuable additional feature that would help ALL (Limit and NL) players.

The whole reason for converting pot size to Bets is to figure your pot odds, and your current odds are ALWAYS the size of the bet you must call vs the size of the pot from the previous betting round plus the bets in the current round.

At least one site other than Party where I play already displays this number (expressed in $) as "all bets" and it is sooo helpful.

IMHO this is much more important than buttons, small vs big bets, etc.

jukofyork
03-06-2006, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As an option for the future to consider, it would be cool if there was also a rolling count of the pot size (in bets of course) so there is no need for on the fly calculation when the bets get fast &amp; wild.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!! This would, in fact be THE most valuable additional feature that would help ALL (Limit and NL) players.

The whole reason for converting pot size to Bets is to figure your pot odds, and your current odds are ALWAYS the size of the bet you must call vs the size of the pot from the previous betting round plus the bets in the current round.

At least one site other than Party where I play already displays this number (expressed in $) as "all bets" and it is sooo helpful.

IMHO this is much more important than buttons, small vs big bets, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree and think this would be helpful to everybody, but not sure if this is pushing the limits of what party will accept. I know they are not keen on things which display pot odds, and this seems almost the same. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I will look into this, and just thinking how I can add this. Possibly it can be added as a extra value displayed somewhere, or I could remove the display of side pots and just display the total in the pot in its place.

I still have not found a satisfactory method to solve the problems I had in v0.01 and v0.02 yet (ie: which table has which amount going to it), but as soon as I solve this, then this feature will be quite easy to add.

Thanks for all the ideas, and keep them coming! (I will try to update DollarToBB as soon as I get time, but so far seems like quite a few people are finding it helpful).

The Funky Llama
03-13-2006, 03:29 AM
any update on the new features?

jukofyork
03-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Not yet as been working on too many other things to get chance, but promise I will come back to this soon. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thonfisch
03-15-2006, 05:15 AM
hey guys
just wondering where i can download the latest release?

does this great prog work with the latest party version?

thxalot

_TKO_
03-15-2006, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hey guys

thxalot

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure the latest release is still v0.03, and the link is buried somewhere in this thread.

Yes, it does work with the latest party version.

jukofyork
03-15-2006, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey guys

thxalot

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure the latest release is still v0.03, and the link is buried somewhere in this thread.

Yes, it does work with the latest party version.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the latest version is still version 3. I just haven't had much time to look at improving it for the last couple of weeks, but hopefully I'll have time soon and get chance to look at improving it again. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The link to the latest version can be found here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=4836290), or if the link is broken, just send me a private message or an e-mail (e-mail address in my profile).

jukofyork
03-20-2006, 02:52 AM
Sadly my free host has decided to limit my bandwidth because of the number of people who have been downloading the poker apps from it!

New link to latest version is now here (http://www.jukofyork.com/DollarToBB_v0_03b.zip).

Thonfisch
03-22-2006, 08:53 AM
some question which came to my mind:
in which language do you write your app? (would be great to have open source to develope it)
aaand isnt it possible to calculate the pot odds and draw it directly on the top of the table or something?

aflaba temp
03-22-2006, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bump, it'd be super-awesome if pokerace would keep track of opponent stack sizes (since last update of course) and put opponents names with short stacks in flashing letters so that you see them more clearly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be great

aflaba temp
03-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Great stuff Juk! One feature that I'd like is an option to get the pot counted in SB instead.

SamIAm
03-22-2006, 10:53 AM
I'd like to minimize to the tray.
-Sam

P.S. Today's my first time using the app. It's suprisingly freeing. I had no idea I worked so hard on division. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thonfisch
03-22-2006, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
some question which came to my mind:
in which language do you write your app? (would be great to have open source to develope it)
aaand isnt it possible to calculate the pot odds and draw it directly on the top of the table or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

ah and one more : if you could "convert" it, so that it works on pokerstars in the same way.. that would be outstanding great /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jukofyork
03-22-2006, 03:32 PM
Yes, it would be very easy to count the whole pot, and the bet amounts (on all stages) in small bets rather than big bets. This way it would be like playing 1/2 rather than .5/1 as it is at the moment.

I just haven't had a great deal of time to look at this program again, but I should be able to add this option very easily and will do when I add the logging support for the next version.

jukofyork
03-22-2006, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It is written in C++, but in theory could be written in other languages just as easily. The reason I am not giving away the source code (as I have with everything else I've given away here), is because:

(1) The methods used could be badly misused to make a particularly nasty type of Trojan, capable of circumventing the "average user's" fire wall protection, and I would not like to be responsible for that. If a <u>serious</u> developer is interested in extending the code then I am happy to explain the methods used to them.

(2) Also if people start adding extra features to it, other than purely displaying the amounts in big bets (see your next point below), then it will likely be banned. As it is I do not think Party Poker will have a problem with it, as I do not think it really gives an "unfair advantage".

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but I think this will likely cause it to be banned quickly. This has already been discussed in this thread several times. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ah and one more : if you could "convert" it, so that it works on pokerstars in the same way.. that would be outstanding great

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, somebody has already looked into whether Stars uses the same methods to display the amounts as Party Poker and it appears they do. When I get time I will look into this, and see which other sites it may work for eventually as well.

At the moment though, the biggest task ahead is to make it work while you are playing multiple limits (this is a quite a significant bit of coding to get this working). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The main problem at this current time, is the fact that it doesn't work on some people's systems and in the next version this will be the problem I will be tackling most of all by adding some kind of logging support to try to track down the problem (I may add a few other test ideas though, such as displaying using a different base to divide by, etc).

jukofyork
03-22-2006, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to minimize to the tray.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I think most of my apps need to minimise the tray, but I just never get round to doing it (I will in the end though I promise! - it is actually very easy to do...).

Until I do at this though, you could try looking for an application called "Tray-it" (for some strange reason my Google isn't working today, so I can't find the link...). I think it is free if I remember right and it will let you minimise any application to the system tray (just make sure you allow Process Guard and/or Snoop Free to let it hook stuff).

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Today's my first time using the app. It's suprisingly freeing. I had no idea I worked so hard on division.

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't personally used it very much yet, but I can see it could be very helpful for some people (possible 3/6 is hardest?). I tend to build up a kind of mental "look-up table" and in practice do very few actual divisions (five years of teaching maths though, so maybe this is different for me...) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think I would be much more likely to use it though if it were able to work with different limits simultaneously (which I had originally hoped it would, but it now turns out to be much more work to get it to do that). Hopefully I will get this functionality added soon too, and then may use it myself more... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Funky Llama
03-22-2006, 08:25 PM
do you have any idea when you'll have time to add multiple limit support and make flop betting in units of 1?

FWIW, I'd be willing to pay for the new version of this program.

Josh.
03-22-2006, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you have any idea when you'll have time to add multiple limit support and make flop betting in units of 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. i was using it for a while and loving it but now i play multiple limits. even if i could disable certain tables it would be cool.

jukofyork
03-22-2006, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too. i was using it for a while and loving it but now i play multiple limits. even if i could disable certain tables it would be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am quite likely to take a look pretty soon, as I am considering making my own super-fast DB free HUD which will need to use the same methods and also I am likely to be wanting to use it to be able to play multiple limits very soon myself.

I just finished the [censored] never ending March forward bonus tonight, so I think the next two days I am gonna have a rest from poker and concentrate on fixing up some of my poker utils.

The reason this project turned out to take longer and I had to put on hold, was because of the fact I couldn't find a decent (easy) way to match the amounts to the windows, but I do know how I can do it by using a much more complex method and will look into this now.

After this is fixed then this will allow multiple limit support, SNG support, and a whole host of other stuff to be added very easily, but the bet unit of 1 depends on me also finding a way to detect the game stage (but hopefully this shouldn't be too hard).

Thonfisch
03-23-2006, 02:27 PM
i understand your point on open source etc and i accept it. i would even accept it if you had said "i just dont want it" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

if you decide to display the amount in SB instead of BB it would be great to have that selectable.. i like it in BB

soma_
03-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Still patiently awaiting SNG support. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
03-23-2006, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i understand your point on open source etc and i accept it. i would even accept it if you had said "i just dont want it" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I pretty much open source anything I can, but just for this had to make a decision... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
if you decide to display the amount in SB instead of BB it would be great to have that selectable.. i like it in BB

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, everything should be configurable. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
03-23-2006, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still patiently awaiting SNG support. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Had a rest from poker today and so far fixed up two of my freeware utils, so doing well atm! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

This is a biggie to fix though, but when I get it done then pretty much everything else will be easy to add to DolarToBB (SNG support included).

EDIT: I do have a version which works for a single SNG at a time, but I am guessing this is not so useful? It's the figuring which amount goes with which table that's slowing me down and SNG are just like playing multiple limits where every table has different BB amounts...

EDIT: One good piece of news is that the reason it's not working for some people is not my code injection method (as the PartyPopupBuster code uses the same code exactly to inject the dlls). I think it is something to do with my API hooking and I have the wrong API calls hooked for some people (this would explain why Amir's Blinder works for everybody, yet DollarToBB doesn't...) I am guessing, but not sure, that it is region/country specific problem - hopefully will get this figured out soon...

jukofyork
04-01-2006, 03:33 PM
I am sorry it has taken me so long to get round to fixing up DollarToBB, but I just haven't had that much time recently and of all my little helper utils for poker, this needs the most work putting in to move it onto the next stage. When I reshosted it, then I noticed the download count is in the 100's just for March, so I am assuming it has been pretty well tested by a few hundred people now, and I haven't had any reports of instability or crashes yet (which I most feared at the start...). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The reason I am making this post is to try to make a start at getting to the bottom of why it won't work for some people. I know I ran a poll a while back, but since then I have re-used the same code for the PartyPopupBuster util and got somebody who couldn't get DollarToBB to work to test it. PartyPopupBuster worked fine for this person and so did Amir's Blinder, so this leads me to believe this may be something related to the (Unicode) character sets in different countries and nothing to do with my actual hooking mechanism.

It could be pretty easy to fix and I will look into trying to hook a slightly higher level text drawing function to see if I can get round this problem.

In the meantime, could <u>anybody who can't get DollarToBB to work please just make a followup post here just saying which country you come from, and what character set you are using (if you know it)</u>. This will also help me PM these specific people if I need them to try out any fixes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully I will get time soon to look at DollarToBB and sorry again that it has taken me so long. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

illogical
04-01-2006, 04:33 PM
I can't get DollarTo BB to work. I'm in the US and my system is WINXP SP2 with East Asian character set installed (not sure if this is what you mean).

jukofyork
04-01-2006, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't get DollarTo BB to work. I'm in the US and my system is WINXP SP2 with East Asian character set installed (not sure if this is what you mean).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, thats what I meant (Unicode is just 16bit characters, rather than 8bit allowing for other languages). Party uses Unicode characters to display the amounts, so I have a feeling it is this... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the post and hopefully I will get to the bottom of this soon. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

*TT*
04-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Juk:

Can you please provide a small update so the application shrinks to the task bar tray? Its a small change that would really make things easier.

SamIAm
04-01-2006, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Juk:

Can you please provide a small update so the application shrinks to the task bar tray? Its a small change that would really make things easier.

[/ QUOTE ]You can also check the Software FAQ for "Minimize To Tray". It'll make any application go to the tray.
-Sam

*TT*
04-01-2006, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Juk:

[/ QUOTE ]You can also check the Software FAQ for "Minimize To Tray". It'll make any application go to the tray.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm familiar with it... all my other apps that I use have it built in, we really don't need to have another app running in the background just to do this.

illogical
04-01-2006, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, thats what I meant (Unicode is just 16bit characters, rather than 8bit allowing for other languages). Party uses Unicode characters to display the amounts, so I have a feeling it is this... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the post and hopefully I will get to the bottom of this soon. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Your welcome. I should be the one thanking you for your great freeware. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll try DollarToBB on a machine without EA characters to see if it works. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leader
04-01-2006, 09:25 PM
I'm in the US. I have no idea what the character set is. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed it.

CaptainCrunch
04-02-2006, 05:42 AM
Yup, USA, doesn't work, and I do have the japanese language stuff installed in WinXP sp2.

cheers.

jukofyork
04-03-2006, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this would be very easy to do and I will add this to the next version.

The Funky Llama
04-15-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm still dying for the new features! Any update?

jukofyork
04-15-2006, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still dying for the new features! Any update?

[/ QUOTE ]
I always keep meaning to do some more work on DollarToBB, but end up getting side-tracked by other stuff... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Really it just boils down to one bit of code that needs writing very carefully, and then there should be a whole "flood" of new features after I get that bit going.

Also, I still haven't had time to track down the possible problem with Unicode strings either yet, but I hope to get to the bottom of that soon too.

The Funky Llama
04-15-2006, 10:35 PM
yea, I understand. hmm...I'll pay you 100 if you get it done in the next 2 weeks!

jukofyork
04-15-2006, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yea, I understand. hmm...I'll pay you 100 if you get it done in the next 2 weeks!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll see what I can do, but no need to pay for it. Like I said so many times in the FPHG thread, I do really believe in keeping stuff like this 100% freeware for a whole lot of different reasons... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I promise I will have a look at it though as soon as I get time, but atm I can't seem to get motivated to do much at all, even playing poker... Hopefully after Easter this will change. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

john voight
04-17-2006, 04:10 AM
I creamed when i saw this thread. my questions:
could a feature that converts the stakes be added? mainly to decrease them. ideally i'd like to fool myself into thinking im playing .01-.02nl (otherwise im a rock)... then again the chips in the graphical table would indicate im not.

would your app work with UB?

jukofyork
04-17-2006, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
could a feature that converts the stakes be added? mainly to decrease them. ideally i'd like to fool myself into thinking im playing .01-.02nl (otherwise im a rock)...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, this will be quite easy to add. Even in it's current state, it will be possible to just use a different divisor and hence make it appear as though you are playing a lower limit.

[ QUOTE ]
then again the chips in the graphical table would indicate im not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somebody mentioned this already (deep within this thread I think) and another poster pointed out that you could just change the graphics of each of the chips (eg: make $1 into 1c, etc).

[ QUOTE ]
would your app work with UB?

[/ QUOTE ]
Possibly in the end it might be possible to make it work for other sites, but atm priority is making it work for everybody, then adding the buffer-tacking code for Party. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Superman26gt
04-24-2006, 05:28 AM
I just happened to stumple upon this thread tonight and this program is EXACTLY what I needed...Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

climber
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sporet
04-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Are there any changes we can make on the computer to make this program work? This sounds like a great program!

jukofyork
04-24-2006, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are there any changes we can make on the computer to make this program work? This sounds like a great program!

[/ QUOTE ]
I just haven't had time yet to work on DollarToBB (been ill for last week or so), but if you wait a little then I will hopefully get to the bottom of this problem.

climber
04-24-2006, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I just haven't had time yet to work on DollarToBB (been ill for last week or so), but if you wait a little then I will hopefully get to the bottom of this problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

appreciate your hard work man.
ive been sick the last week myself so understand that.

EvanJC
04-25-2006, 03:40 AM
dollartoBB is one of the hottest programs i've ever used, i'm completely serious.

just saying.

thanks juk

jukofyork
04-25-2006, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dollartoBB is one of the hottest programs i've ever used, i'm completely serious.

just saying.

thanks juk

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, and glad it's helpful. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

climber
04-27-2006, 02:50 PM
any thought on whether or not it is worth it to try uninstalling the east asian language support and see if that makes it run?

jukofyork
04-28-2006, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any thought on whether or not it is worth it to try uninstalling the east asian language support and see if that makes it run?

[/ QUOTE ]
It may do, but for a long term solution I need to work out what's causing the problem. I have just been short of time recently, but I do plan on adding some kind of logging support to DollarToBB in order to figure out what is causing the problem in the near future.

lambchop_FT
05-05-2006, 02:51 PM
Wow, i love this program, i just moved up stakes in NL and i was having problems adjusting to the new betting incremements, etc. Is there any way to make it so that you can type in your raise in BBs? For example, my opponent bets $15 in 1/2 (7.5 bb) i want to raise to $40 (20 bb), can u make it so i can type in 20 instead of 40?? This program would be absolute amazing if this could be done. I'll send you a donation if you can do this.

jukofyork
05-05-2006, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, i love this program, i just moved up stakes in NL and i was having problems adjusting to the new betting incremements, etc. Is there any way to make it so that you can type in your raise in BBs? For example, my opponent bets $15 in 1/2 (7.5 bb) i want to raise to $40 (20 bb), can u make it so i can type in 20 instead of 40?? This program would be absolute amazing if this could be done. I'll send you a donation if you can do this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somebody asked about this before, and tbo I'm not 100% sure how hard/easy it will be to implement, but it could be possible.

An alternative may be to add an extra Textbox which allows you to enter values in BB, then the output from this is automatically converted to $'s and typed into the real textbox.

lambchop_FT
05-05-2006, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Somebody asked about this before, and tbo I'm not 100% sure how hard/easy it will be to implement, but it could be possible.

An alternative may be to add an extra Textbox which allows you to enter values in BB, then the output from this is automatically converted to $'s and typed into the real textbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way would be unbelievable. I think the optimal setup would be to have Party display everything in BBs. For example if someone bets $15, it would say "Call 7.5" "Raise 15" etc. I imagine this might be difficult but if you can pull it off I will gladly compensate you for your time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif PM me if you want to discuss.

jukofyork
05-05-2006, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way would be unbelievable. I think the optimal setup would be to have Party display everything in BBs. For example if someone bets $15, it would say "Call 7.5" "Raise 15" etc. I imagine this might be difficult but if you can pull it off I will gladly compensate you for your time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif PM me if you want to discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again this has been mentioned before, and it may be possible to get the button to display the amounts in BB too.

My problem with DollarToBB is I just don't have that much time to spend on it, but eventually I will get onto improving it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Funky Llama
05-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Juk,

I went to a fountain today, threw in a coin and made a wish. My wish was that there would be a DollartoBB update soon. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jukofyork
05-06-2006, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I went to a fountain today, threw in a coin and made a wish. My wish was that there would be a DollartoBB update soon. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't forgotten about DollarToBB! (my wish would just be to have more time). /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully I'll get chance soon - Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tk79
05-06-2006, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Juk,

[/ QUOTE ]

When you threw the coin did it convert to BBs when it hit the water????

climber
05-15-2006, 01:39 AM
any word on getting this working with east asian languages installed?

jukofyork
05-15-2006, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any word on getting this working with east asian languages installed?

[/ QUOTE ]
It could be a while, but I promise it will get looked at eventually. I just don't have that much free time to work on stuff and I have at least half a dozen other projects on the go at any one time.

As for an exact time-frame, I just cannot say: I am not sure if I will get time to look at it before the end of May, and I'm away for possibly upto a month in June, so it could be as late as the start of July before I get chance to work on it.

I'm hoping to get the FPHG GUI added before June and this is priority #1 for my poker apps (so hopefully their will be less problems while I'm away).

steel108
05-16-2006, 01:56 AM
A little problem bc I'm a moron... every time i try to start the program it says "this application has failed to start because TESTDLL.dll was not found." What am I doing wrong?

steel108
05-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Never mind... figured it out... great program from the little that I have used it.

The Funky Llama
05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
ANy updates?

climber
05-25-2006, 04:26 PM
uninstalling east asian language support makes it work.

guess ill just install/uninstall as i need it.

jukofyork
05-28-2006, 08:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ANy updates?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, no bc I've just not had time yet.

jukofyork
05-28-2006, 08:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
uninstalling east asian language support makes it work.

guess ill just install/uninstall as i need it.

[/ QUOTE ]
That helps though, as at least it can be pinpointed to being to do with unicode chars (like I suspected, but wasn't 100% sure).

Bubbles
05-28-2006, 08:39 AM
I just wanted to say that $2BB is an awesome app. It works flawlessly on my machine. Thank you very much!

jukofyork
05-28-2006, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to say that $2BB is an awesome app. It works flawlessly on my machine. Thank you very much!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the feedback, and sorry it's taking me a while to improve on it (just not had enough time to spend on it yet, but will do eventually).

climber
05-29-2006, 11:33 AM
nice robert capa pic BTW

jukofyork
05-29-2006, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nice robert capa pic BTW

[/ QUOTE ]
Cool you recognised it - I think you're the 1st person here to notice/comment on it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Falling Soldier (and the story (http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/database/capa_r.html) behind it) means quite alot to me, and it has gotta be (by far) my favorite picture of all time. Maybe one day I'll change my avatar to something more cheerful, but not just yet...

alfa
07-02-2006, 08:03 AM
Am I doing something wrong. The dollars in the tables are now in BB's but I still have to place the bets in dollars.

I play different limits and I cannot realy see the help of this program when I have to everytime figure out what limit the table is and how much the bb's are in dollars..

So is it just me or this doesn't take different limit play in to account that well?

*TT*
07-02-2006, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the feedback, and sorry it's taking me a while to improve on it (just not had enough time to spend on it yet, but will do eventually).

[/ QUOTE ]

cough cough.....

PS: I am your application's biggest evangelist.

jukofyork
07-02-2006, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cough cough.....

[/ QUOTE ]
I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif I just haven't had that much time recently, but eventually I'll spend a whole day on it (I promise!) and the multilimit/SNG stuff should be done then.

The Funky Llama
07-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Juk,

I wait with bated breath for the wondrous day that the new version is released!

FavouriteColour
07-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Neither link for v3 is working. Is there anywhere else I can get it?

Edit: found it.

beboppoker
08-04-2006, 02:27 PM
sry, is this thread still going/alive?

I multi table SNGs, will any versions work for me?

thxs for any replies, ill be more than happy to test too

Shandrax
08-10-2006, 03:51 AM
I don't know if this software still gets updated, but I would like to ask for just a minor change, Dollar to SB, that's all.

I could do it myself if the source code was available.

aggro2000
08-16-2006, 08:04 PM
my english is not the best, but maybe someone can help me.

when i use the program the table displays not the BB but the amount in $ without the $ sign.
is this the sense of the program or did i make something wrong?

thanks for your help

_TKO_
08-17-2006, 12:43 AM
aggro: If you are playing $0.50/$1.00, this should be the case.

Martin456
09-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Have you done an update for SNGs yet? this would be so useful when multi-tabling

thx

Tickner
09-04-2006, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my english is not the best, but maybe someone can help me.

when i use the program the table displays not the BB but the amount in $ without the $ sign.
is this the sense of the program or did i make something wrong?

thanks for your help

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. It was working fine a few weeks ago but now it seems to just get rid of the $ sign.

-Tickner

*TT*
09-04-2006, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cough cough.....

[/ QUOTE ]
I know /images/graemlins/smile.gif I just haven't had that much time recently, but eventually I'll spend a whole day on it (I promise!) and the multilimit/SNG stuff should be done then.

[/ QUOTE ]

bla bla bla, yada yada yada. Bribe?

jukofyork
09-04-2006, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cough cough.....

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bla bla bla, yada yada yada. Bribe?

[/ QUOTE ]
I know /images/graemlins/blush.gif It just seems like I never have time to do alot of the stuff I plan to do. I'm just about to move house, so likly that will be a time zapper for a week or two.

But (I promise!), I am planning to spend a few days improving Dollar2BB (multilimit, SNGs, new GUI) and FPHG soonish (GUI, FAQ, new grabbing method, etc).

The new features of D2BB will help me also, as I've now started playing more and more SNGs, and being able to see stacks in terms of BB will be a huge help.

*TT*
09-26-2006, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cough cough.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate bumping threads... but this one is months overdue! Update????

jukofyork
09-28-2006, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cough cough.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate bumping threads... but this one is months overdue! Update????

[/ QUOTE ]
Not yet, sorry. I'm thinking seriously about open sourcing what I have, but just trying to find a safe way to do it. After moving and getting settled in, I should have much more free time and can take a look at improving D2BB again.

hoterdoc
10-18-2006, 09:45 PM
any chances of a $ to BB for Full Tilt?

jukofyork
10-19-2006, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any chances of a $ to BB for Full Tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not in the near future, but possibly (ie: when the poker situation is clearer with regards to the new US laws).

dboy23
10-19-2006, 06:08 PM
whats the scoop on stars support?

jukofyork
01-11-2007, 07:46 PM
I've fixed D2BB to work again after the last Party update broke it. See: http://www.jukofyork.com/poker.htm for v0.04 (about 1/2 way down the page).

BodyAttack
06-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Hey jukofyork /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great tool ! but it isnt compatible with vista. will there be a vista version?

Cheers Body

jukofyork
06-03-2007, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey jukofyork /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Great tool ! but it isnt compatible with vista. will there be a vista version?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure, but perhaps it's broken for XP too atm? I haven't looked at the code since they added the commas to the numbers so it could well just be broken.

If FPHG works for Vista then Dollar2BB should also work using the same "trick" (sorry I don't have a copy of Vista, so not sure what the trick is I'm afraid).

I'll try and take a look at updating Dollar2BB soonish and see if it still works and/or fix it if it doesn't.

BodyAttack
06-03-2007, 04:18 PM
FPHG works fine with vista but dollar2bb doesnt

which trick do you mean?

btw: a friend of mine told me that it still works with windows xp

jukofyork
06-04-2007, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FPHG works fine with vista but dollar2bb doesnt

which trick do you mean?

btw: a friend of mine told me that it still works with windows xp

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not really sure and I'm surprised it still works with XP as I never did any update after they added the comma separated numbers - can anybody else confirm that it's still working?

As far as for Vista goes then without Vista myself it's almost impossible to test. I guess somewhere it might be using some deprecated 32bit function, but it will have to wait until I get a copy of Vista to compile/test it on.

If you read in the FPHG thread then it seems that their is some "trick" to make FPHG work in Vista which involves running Party+FPHG as "administrator", but again not having Vista means I can't really tell you any more than what I have read - it might be worth trying this for Dollar2BB also.

cakewalk
06-04-2007, 09:09 PM
stars NL support eta ? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
06-04-2007, 09:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
stars NL support eta ? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Dollar2BB is just one of those things I never seem to get much time to work on. For a start to make it work on multiple tables would take several entire days of coding/testing and secondly it doesn't really seem to get used by that many people. If I ever get it working properly for Party then adding support for other sites isn't really that hard (as they all basically use the same method to display the text).

As far as a Party update then I may have thought of an easy way to get it working over multiple tables based on the fact that Party displays the Hand # in the top right of each table, but so far I haven't had time to try my idea out.

cakewalk
06-05-2007, 12:16 AM
i know plenty of players (myself included) who would use it. i'll make it worth your while! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BodyAttack
06-05-2007, 06:28 AM
I'll install it on my fathers pc and i'll send you a screenshot if it works.

BodyAttack
06-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Okay........ It did n0t work with XP. When i tried to open a table PartyPoker minimized itself in the task and crashed. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

@Juk : You can contact me on msn if you want to. I will send you my msn addy via PM

BodyAttack
06-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Here is the screenshot.

I mate sent it to me several minutes ago.

He told me that he is using:

Windows Xp Prof
PartyPoker with newest Update
newest Java

and here is the screen:

http://www.web-upload.com/dateien/dreck.JPG

cakewalk
06-05-2007, 01:15 PM
looks so pretty /images/graemlins/smile.gif i can't even begin to imagine this with mtt's and cash games aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

curious123
06-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Man, I miss this program. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

BodyAttack
06-07-2007, 10:31 AM
juk, please let us know when there are news, k? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
06-11-2007, 07:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Okay........ It did n0t work with XP. When i tried to open a table PartyPoker minimized itself in the task and crashed. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

@Juk : You can contact me on msn if you want to. I will send you my msn addy via PM

[/ QUOTE ]
What level did you try it at and do you have the "decimal commas" so numbers are formatted like "1,000,000", etc?

I think it will prolly still work so long as you never have pots &gt; $1k or try to use it in tourneys. I'll fix that sometime soon.

PS: Sorry for the slow reply, was away for a few days then had killer migraines last couple of days and not felt like doing much.