PDA

View Full Version : Solution to all the Earth's Problem

CharlieDontSurf
04-03-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm sure if Tom Clancy ever reads this, he will be really pissed that some hack scientist is cribbing his idea.

story link (http://www.sas.org/tcs/weeklyIssues_2006/2006-04-07/feature1p/index.html)

Metric
04-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Now that guy has a serious God complex (maybe "satan complex" would be more appropriate). A real-life mad scientist, right out of a 1950's B-movie. Now, I realize that these talks can be a bit boring, but shock-value entertainment alone is certainly no reason heap awards on him.

Edited to add: It occurs to me that this may be an April fool's gag, but a quick Google search references many pages that claim that this is not the case!

CharlieDontSurf
04-03-2006, 10:55 PM
I thought for sure it was some scientists goof given this is the plot straight out Tom clancy's Rainbow Six-bunch of wacko enviromentalists create a virus to wipe out humans only..not animals.

But turns out its real...not sure what scarier..the guy giving the speech or the fact that all the scientists applauded it.

IronDragon1
04-04-2006, 01:32 AM
If he would just take the time to spank it/get a whore then he would be just another biology professor.

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Where's Mr. Clark now that we need him?

Kurn, son of Mogh
04-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Actually, the fact that Ebola kills so fast makes it a poor weapon. You'd prefer a disease that is contagious for a couple of weeks, then kills relatively quickly after the onset of symptoms. That ain't Ebola. Too short an incubation period.

hencole
04-04-2006, 12:07 PM
web page (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5299747&page=0&fpart=all &vc=1)

The fact is this story is pile of right wing anti-science crap. Ebola isn't even airborne in humans.

Metric
04-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Just a sec... Are you accusing his blogger students (who you can read after a quick Google search) of being "right-wing, anti-science" types as well as the Ph.D. who was actually at the conference taking notes? Are you accusing the students that gave him publically accessable evaluations that specifically mention killing 90% of humanity of being in on this right-wing conspiracy?