PDA

View Full Version : RakeDrops Play offs Picks Thread

PropPlayer
01-09-2006, 06:33 AM
I did not place a lot of action this past weekend as most of the games appeared to close to call. This weekends NFL I feel there will be a lot more plays so I am going to do a thread and track results through the rest of the play offs.

Going to give my initial thoughts on games now and picks will follow later in the week.

Game 1
Washington Redskins/Seattle Seahawks -9 (ML -370)
I don't see Washington has any chance of winning this game. Even though they did go into Seattle and win their 3rd game of the Season, Seattle has been hot ever since. Based on the way the Red Skins have played lately I believe Portis might have a more serious injury than we know about.
Seattle has a great offensive line giving them the edge in this category. Washington has the edge in D but I don't think this will be enough to give them the win this week.
Special Teams Edge goes to Seattle with the better kicker. Coaching, I'm going to say this is even, 2 Great Coaches with plenty of play off experience. Home Field and Matt Hasselbeck over Brunnel are both edges to Seattle.
I am generally cautious with big lines. I like Seattle to win and cover in the game but am leaning more towards using this game in a leg of a money line Parlay or in a Teaser.

Game 2
New England Patriots/Denver Broncos -3
This game is off the board in my mind. This is a very close match up in Offense, Defense, and Special Teams. I'll give the coaching edge to New England in this game and the Home Field Advantage as a huge edge to Denver.
2 Rules - Never bet against Belichick or Brady in the Playoffs and Never bet against Denver at home in the playoffs. I'm going to sit back and watch this game and route for New England.. If New England wins this game they will very likely be my play next week though I will be watching all the games closely and decide when the time comes.

Game 3
Pittsburgh Steelers/Indianapolis Colts -9.5
We haven't seen the Colts Play a game in quite some time. Never got a chance to see how they would bounce back from the loss the Chargers as the tragedy of James Dungy passing away and the Colts having already clinched the number 1 seed allowed them to play the "JV" team through most of the final 2 games.
My Initial thought on this is a small wager on Pittsburgh getting the points and will buy the half point if available at a reasonable price to bring them to +10. This will not be a large wager will be a maximum of 1 unit and maybe only half a unit.
Indy has the Edge in both Offense and D. I think Special Teams edge tilts slightly towards the Pitts in this game with Randle El being able to create some big plays. Coaching, While In a regular season game Indy might have had the edge Cowher is well experienced and should coach great- Going to mark this as even for coaching. Momentum I got to give a huge advantage to the Steelers here, Indy had huge momentum on there 13-0 start but nothing has went right since (no fault of their own).
Home field advantage is HUGE for Indy.
Will post my play amount later but like Pittsburg in this game based on the momentum and points. Again this will not be a large play.

Game 4
Carolina Panthers/Chicago Bears -3
My thoughts are Rex is good enough! This is a tight match up and should be a very close game. I'll give more thoughts on it soon, but right now leaning towards Chicago who is my NFC Pick to make the Super Bowl.

PropPlayer
01-09-2006, 06:43 AM
I just placed a wager on Pinny to see if it was allowed and it went through no problem (I only bet $5 as a test to see if it would go through lol).
I see Value in a Parlay of Pittsburg +9.5 and under 47.5
If the game is a shootout I got to give Edge to Indy and believe they will win by more than 1 score.
If Pittsburg covers then I believe the game will also go under. Pittsburg most likely game plan will be to control the time of possession and run the ball as much as possible.
Indy and Over: Possible
Indy and Under: Possible
Pittsburg and Under: Possible
Pittsburg and Over: I doubt it

My thoughts right now that for those who like Pittsburg taking them in a Parlay and the under in a parlay seems like a good option.

Artdogg
01-09-2006, 07:13 AM
The Redskins win against Seattle was at home, not in Seattle. Anyway though, I dont even know that its a bad thing that Washington's O played like [censored] a few days ago, as all year long theyve alternated from [censored] to good like every week. Keep in mind Seattle's D wont harrass Brunell nearly as much as Tampa. Hell, all of the Skins O could be 2 65 yard bombs to Moss and that would probably be enough for the Skins to cover. Clinton Portis's health is a good point though and will be a huge factor in this game.

PropPlayer
01-13-2006, 07:40 PM
My thoughts have stayed the same through out the week. After reading a lot on the games and others discussions of them my thoughts are pretty much the same.

Here are my official picks for this weekend.

I'm not big on Saturday’s games. I am going to play them to keep it interesting.
2 Teams 7pt Teasers for 1 unit.
Washington +17 and New England +10 (Tie and win=Push, Tie and Loss = Loss).
I actually like Seattle to win the game a lot, but I don't like Seattle needing to win by 10pt. I'm taking the extra touchdown in a 2tease to get Washington by 2tds and a field goal.
New England is a Team that will fight till the very end. Even if they get down by a lot early they will keep fighting. I don't thing Denver will have much success running the ball to waist clock if they get a lead against the Pats much improved rush defense. This game could go either way and feel okay about it being a 10 or less pt game either way.

Anyone taking the same pick: I am laying -120 at 5Dimes for this Tease. A 7pt Teaser at Pinnacle is -130. This is something to be aware of when choosing where to place 7pt teasers.

Steelers +10 and Under 47.5 in a two team parlay.
(These are the current lines at Pinnacle)
Risk .4 units to win 1.04 units.
I'm using this to put a small risk to still win a unit on the Steelers. My thoughts are if the Steelers cover the game will likely be under.

.75 units on Chicago -3 +110
.75 Units on Chicago -2.5 -110
Both are available at Pinnacle.

I will likely add some props on Chicago/Panthers before the game. Will be looking for odds on game being a 1 or 2 pts game and also to place a bet on an alternate low total if one becomes available with good lines. I like this game going under 24 if I can get it at the right price.

PropPlayer
01-14-2006, 10:24 PM
I was in early on Chicago and ended up paying a little extra juice to make the plays I did. I have now taken a small bet on Chicago to win by exactly 1-2 pts.
I can't change the plays I already made but am recommending the Chicago ML at -135.
This is a game the points should be very valuable. For Carolina Backers I would take the 2.5pts and for Chicago backers take the money line is my strong advice for this game.
This is a game that could end 10-9, 9-7 etc. I just get the feeling it might be a 1 or 2 pt low scoring game.

PropPlayer
01-15-2006, 03:13 AM
Lost the only play today
0-1 on Teasers
-1.2 Units for the playoffs.

I added 1/10th a unit on Chicago to win by exactly 1-2 pts so will factor that in when calculating +/- tomorrow.

I am considering adding Under 24.5 +181 (Pinnacle) on Chicago/Carolina but will wait till closer to game time to decide.

I tried Increasing my wager on the Steelers/Under Parlay and its no longer able to be parlayed together so I'm left on it at .4u to win 1.04u

PropPlayer
01-15-2006, 12:21 PM
adding 2 Plays on the Chicago/Carolina game. Both lines at Pinnacle

1/2 unit to win 1.09 units on
Will the Alternate Total be over 24.5 ? No +217

1/2 Unit on Under 31 -107

PropPlayer
01-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Won this first play today for +1.04 units.
Playoffs Record -0.16 Units Total
0-1 on Teasers
1-0 on Parlays

Unless were going to see a scoreless second half I am toast in game 2. 3 units at risk.

I'm taking Chicago -1.5 on the second half line for risking to win 2 units at +110.

JackOfSpeed
01-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Rough day RD...sry...

craig
01-15-2006, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I just placed a wager on Pinny to see if it was allowed and it went through no problem (I only bet $5 as a test to see if it would go through lol).
I see Value in a Parlay of Pittsburg +9.5 and under 47.5

[/ QUOTE ]

The total is too high for them to not let you parlay it. If it would have been 34 or something, most likely, at PIN, it wouldn't have happened.

Some books will let you parlay first half sides with total. Imagine taking a -10 first half fav with a 23 point first half total and parlaying that.

craig