PDA

View Full Version : Over the Edge — Part IV

starbird
04-01-2006, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Instead take I-95 exit 76 for 395 North. Take that to 79A. Stay to your left. The exit ends in less than a mile, and you'll take a left at the light, then an immediate right onto 2A East. Follow the Foxwoods signs for the next seven miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Mom
04-01-2006, 11:16 PM
I guess I just don't get this article. If I want directions to Foxwoods, I can use the internet. I think this entire article could have been summed up with about a paragraph.

Mr. Orange
04-02-2006, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess I just don't get this article.

[/ QUOTE ]

your not the only one.

TaggedYa
04-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Yep It could have been said in a few words. The new room at Foxwoods was a disappointment. However I enjoyed the rundown. I also will not be in a great hurry to run over there. I guess that means I will not need the directions.

If I did need the directions however I would surely appreciate having 12 minutes of my time saved over the directions I could get off the net.

I am not a fan of BVT but I thought this one was worth the read. Then again I wouldn’t have minded a three part Table Coach serial so maybe I am just warped. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Wait a minute. I play poker for a living. Of coarse I’m warped.

TaggedYa

GeniusToad
04-03-2006, 07:05 PM
if i didn't live in the northwest 'burbs of chicago this would probably be of some interest. but then again...

BarronVangorToth
04-03-2006, 09:54 PM
Starbird - Good catch.

Your Mom - Directions were a minor aside. I'm not sure what you didn't get -- but since only hundreds were there to witness the opening of the new Foxwoods poker room, this was to serve as a play-by-play for those that couldn't be there.

Tagged - Such a summation without the journey is a travesty. Read it again -- you'll be a fan of the BVTE.

Genius - Living in Chicago meant it was even harder for you to be there for the grand opening. Now ... it's almost like you were there, no? (Hopefully.)

Sorry a few folks didn't find this a fanciful jaunt through the wonder of it all. Hopefully OtE #5 next month will be more to your liking.

GeniusToad
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Genius - Living in Chicago meant it was even harder for you to be there for the grand opening. Now ... it's almost like you were there, no? (Hopefully.)

[/ QUOTE ]

well played.

as always i'll be lookin' forward to the next one.

Your Mom
04-04-2006, 01:47 AM
I didn't get why this is 2+2 mag. worthy. I just don't see why anyone would care. We all know most cardrooms are run by a bunch of dumbshits that don't know what they are doing.

BarronVangorToth
04-04-2006, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We all know most cardrooms are run by a bunch of dumbshits that don't know what they are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't my main point at all.

I'm not sure how many of the rooms across our country and across the world you've been in, but I don't personally know how most are run -- and while most of the ones I've been in I would have a suggestion or three as to how to run them better, ultimately, I think running a room of any decent size is a lot harder than most realize.

Your Mom
04-04-2006, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We all know most cardrooms are run by a bunch of dumbshits that don't know what they are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't my main point at all.

I'm not sure how many of the rooms across our country and across the world you've been in, but I don't personally know how most are run -- and while most of the ones I've been in I would have a suggestion or three as to how to run them better, ultimately, I think running a room of any decent size is a lot harder than most realize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, what is your point then?

BarronVangorToth
04-04-2006, 01:15 PM
The journey.

Your Mom
04-04-2006, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The journey.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever

bsheck
04-04-2006, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"$1-$2 hold 'em, over here!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Does Foxwoods have $1/$2 limit now, or was the floorman talking about the NL game?

BarronVangorToth
04-04-2006, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"$1-$2 hold 'em, over here!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Does Foxwoods have $1/$2 limit now, or was the floorman talking about the NL game?

[/ QUOTE ]

$1-$2 usually refers to their NL game as it's traditionally their smallest.

I don't think they run $1-$2 limit.

Man of Means
04-05-2006, 09:41 AM
I was there Sunday of the opening wknd and I was pretty sure I saw one table of 1/2 limit on the screen. Should've verified it though.