PDA

View Full Version : True Poker Bonus....thx TruepokerCEO

Eder
03-31-2006, 05:59 PM
TruePoker is offering you a 50% Reload Bonus on your TruePoker chip purchases made from April 1st through April 4th!

Enter the Bonus Code EASTER when you make a deposit before April 4th @ 11:59 p.m. EST.

You will get an extra 50% (up to $150) on your deposit**.

Bonuses will be paid at the rate of 6.67x, as soon as you play the required Qualified Raked Hands*. The more you deposit, the bigger the bonus when you play the required hands.

For example: If you enter the EASTER bonus code and,

Deposit $30, we’ll credit your account with a $15 Bonus when you have played 100 qualified raked hands.

Deposit $150, we'll credit your account with a $75 Bonus when you have played 500 qualified raked hands.

Deposit $300, we will credit you a $150 Bonus when you have played 1000 qualified raked hands.
You have 25 days to play to clear your 50% Bonus, from the date of your reload deposit.

On making your deposit
enter bonus code: EASTER

Now here’s the BIG PLUS

All those players who clear their bonus in the correct timeframe will be entered into a WSOP Super Satellite Seat Freeroll on Saturday, May 13 th at 8.00 p.m. EST. The winner will be get a seat in our WSOP Super Satellite Tournament on June 30th. A step away from the WSOP 2006 in Las Vegas and becoming poker’s next millionaire super star for FREE!

Happy Easter from TruePoker

* Players who are dealt in earn credit for one "Qualified Raked Hand" where the pot is raked $1 or more. Players who are dealt in where the pot is raked less than $1, earn a fraction of a credit toward a Qualified Raked Hand, e.g. where the pot is raked $.50, each player dealt in earns 1/2 of a Qualified Raked Hand credit under this Bonus/Promotion.

** Only one “deposit” per account can qualify for this Bonus, it may not be stacked with any other bonus or promo .

***Only the first reload deposit during the deposit period qualifies for the bonus.

1p0kerboy
03-31-2006, 06:33 PM
How many low limit tables are normally running on TruePoker?

livinitup0
04-01-2006, 12:50 AM
once this weekend's empire bonus is over there will be a spike in players there...it seems like a good bonus and Ill be hittin it up, along with betfred

gswarriorfan
04-01-2006, 03:41 AM
So can i create an account now and get the 30% signup bonus, and then add more money for the reload bonus?

naschburger2
04-01-2006, 04:33 AM
did they lower the requirement from 10 raked hands? Is the definition of a raked hand still the same? I remember my last bonus there was 10 raked hands can someone verify the raked hand definition. thanks

2easy
04-01-2006, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
did they lower the requirement from 10 raked hands? Is the definition of a raked hand still the same? I remember my last bonus there was 10 raked hands can someone verify the raked hand definition. thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

really man...read the first post!

there's lazy, and then there's REALLY lazy. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

every single thing you're asking is answered right above.

Davey
04-01-2006, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So can i create an account now and get the 30% signup bonus, and then add more money for the reload bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

really man...read the first post!

there's lazy, and then there's REALLY lazy.

every single thing you're asking is answered right above.

[/ QUOTE ]

TruePoker CEO
04-01-2006, 03:47 PM
Happy to do this. We are going with a 50% Reload bonus, paying up to $150.00, again.

We do hope to bring back players to get them interested in our new promotions as well ... which is why this coincides with our April promos.

We are looking for tournament play as well. We added a small sweetener, a freeroll to give away a $1,050 WSOP SuperSatellite Seat.

We are still running our WSOP4FREE Series, which has produced a winner already. In addition, We have launched a Tournament Leader Board, with a $40,000 prize value, which we will suppllement with monthly tournament promos, such as our continuing King of Tournaments series.

As always, we are open to suggestions for structuring tournaments, types of S&G formats you might like, whether you want added values, like WSOP prizing, et cetera.

Feel free to email me at management@truepoker.com with suggestions, about this deposit reload bonus or anything else.

David Gzesh, CEO
Truepoker

hotsauce615
04-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Im a first timer on Truepoker. Can I just use easter and bypass the regular 10x bonus?

Abe
04-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Thanks TP-CEO

I play your site a couple times a year, and the reload bonus is what gets me there.

Would obviously prefer the reload bonus to be ala the Stars/Paradise model (no time limit and pays out in increments) instead of the Party model you have chosen.

Your software seems better and faster than a couple years ago, and the multi-table ability is a big plus.

action44
04-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Alright Im finally gonna do in spite of me not liking there software. This CEO just takes the suggestions in this forum and puts it in play. I have to admire that, I think Ill try this site on the sole basis there CEO is the best one out there. Like I said I really dont like the whole 3d idea but you just seem so involved in wanting to make the site better I will take a shot.. Hope to see you all at the tables soon.

jstbuch
04-01-2006, 06:25 PM
CEO:

I just made my first deposit and have three questions....

1. I used he "EASTER" code and it did not work. Is this not useable for a first deposit

2. Where do I go to check how many hands I have played towards the bonus

3. Your site has a terrible blind structure for nl games. The blinds for 25nl are .50/1.00... this is awful... any particular reason for this...

boose_bagina
04-01-2006, 08:22 PM
this site will probably cause you to go blind with excessive use. The images and colours are way too sharp that it causes your eyes to constantly refocus. Along with the horrendous blind structure, I'll probably end up taking out my money after the first $10 of my bonus is paid.

Markusgc
04-01-2006, 09:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Feel free to email me at management@truepoker.com with suggestions, about this deposit reload bonus or anything else.

David Gzesh, CEO
Truepoker

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is money. Seriously, a good man in the biz.

SynSid
04-02-2006, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CEO:

I just made my first deposit and have three questions....

1. I used he "EASTER" code and it did not work. Is this not useable for a first deposit

2. Where do I go to check how many hands I have played towards the bonus

3. Your site has a terrible blind structure for nl games. The blinds for 25nl are .50/1.00... this is awful... any particular reason for this...

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Expect you got the 1st deposit bonus instead.

2. In the main lobby, click menu (top left corner) then promotions/my promotions. That'll show what bonuses you currently have - and double-click them for more info. It might answer your question 1. as well.

3. I suspect the answe to this is partly historical. I played TP a fair bit last year - at which time the site only handled full $, not cents. At that time NL$25 and NL$50 both had $1/$1 blinds. Looks like they didn't reduce the blinds when they introduced cents. You could try the $200 NL ($2/$4 blinds). Was playing that until half an hour back and it was playing pretty deep, with half of us having $500+ thanks to some real donkeys.

The typical set-mining bonus whore will struggle with the short-stacked play as they'll never have the right odds to call raises preflop purely for set value.

Personally I prefer deeper-stacked play and 2D graphics but for fishiness TP really does take some beating. You just need to adjust your style a bit and be willing to accept a bit more variance.

Soul Rebel
04-02-2006, 12:24 AM
Did I read this right, is the max buy in for the NL games is 50bb? I was about to open an account, but there's no point if this is the case.

SynSid
04-02-2006, 12:47 AM
NL$25 blinds $0.5/$1, - so 25bb max buyin
NL$50 blinds $0.5/$1, - so 50bb max buyin
NL$100 blinds $1/$2 - 50bb max
NL$200 blinds $2/$4 - 50bb max

Haven't played higher than that myself. The games do tend to end up playing deeper - as there tend to be a lot of ppl repeatedly busting and rebuying - but of course until you've doubled up once or twice you're playing short-stacked.

Soul Rebel
04-02-2006, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the info. I hope the TruePoker CEO takes this suggestion to heart. Please make the NL max buyins 100bb like every other poker site. I'd like to check the site out, but I can't play there with this structure. Thanks.

Eder
04-02-2006, 03:57 AM
500 NL blinds = $2/$5...this is only game I played there where I was unsure I had an edge.
There are the ultimate donks on True Poker
Seriously prob the best 3-6 limit game I ever saw.
The $25 NL game I checked out had 4 stacks +$150...I like the higher blind structure and think the fact no PT support is a big bonus.

MegaOuts
04-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Hi TruePoker CEO,

I have play over your site for over 2.5yr now and it seems you have exactly same number of active player online or less. Have you ask your players what kind of changes they like to make on your lobby and table yet? If you ask me, I would like the following changes.

I have pretty good eye, no problem playing 6hr straight without break on Party, Paradise, and Pokerstar. But I find it hard for me to play on your site after an hour or so because I have to focus alot to look at the cards. Would be good if you revamp the card like Party, I don't need a upside '6' and upsidedown '6'. This change will make it less confusing for your player and symbol like J Q K # etc could be larger for easy viewing over long hr of play.

I also like to able to add more $$$ to my table anytime without having to sit out and miss a hand or two. Instand added fund anytime during play.

Enlarge your table by atleast 1/2", today computer should be powerful enought to handle your 3D graphic.

A player got kick out of tournament should able to access tournament table so they could cheer or herrass their buddy.

Their is more, but it is pointless to continue if you don't make the changes I suggest already. thanks for reading.

Markusgc
04-02-2006, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also like to able to add more $$$ to my table anytime without having to sit out and miss a hand or two. Instand added fund anytime during play.

[/ QUOTE ]

All you have to do is when you fold pre-flop, hit "sit out," reload and and then hit "sit down" again. You can do that before the flop is dealt even. You don't have to miss a hand.

[ QUOTE ]
A player got kick out of tournament should able to access tournament table so they could cheer or herrass their buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can. Your avatar leaves the table, but it doesn't close and your chat option isn't disabled. Look in the chat log. No floating chat, but that doesn't mean they can't read it if THEIR chat log is on.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi TruePoker CEO,

I have play over your site for over 2.5yr now

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure you don't mean 2.5 weeks?

laurent
04-02-2006, 04:06 PM
CEO your players sucks ,they really suck !!!!! bots or what ?????? /images/graemlins/mad.gif
i'd never finish any reload here since pfft many years and understand why you dont have more players since several years !!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

MaxSquat
04-02-2006, 06:07 PM
what a crybaby

laurent
04-02-2006, 06:15 PM
not a cry !!! no prob ,i'm just playing the 10 000$ freeroll at fair poker and i'll win more than i lost in this fu...ing room ! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
freerool finish 25iem +75$..... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Eder
04-02-2006, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not a cry !!! no prob ,i'm just playing the 10 000$ freeroll at fair poker and i'll win more than i lost in this fu...ing room ! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you cant beat the games at TP I think you better stick to freerolls.

bnorthro
04-02-2006, 07:15 PM
I see lots of NL discussion here. Are the shorthanded limit games any good? How about availability?

TruePoker CEO
04-02-2006, 09:15 PM
We're looking at revising NL blind structures.

(A number of Brick & Mortar rooms I know of have max or set buy-ins blinds at 50xBigBlind, where there is any buy-in limit at all that is.)

How about blinds at $.25 - $.50 for $25 NL ? Yes that is only 50BB, but it is only a $25NL level and may hold appeal for crapshooters .... double up once and you should be set, with an advantage. Comments ?

Our $500 NL game is currently at 100BB.

Truepoker CEO

boose_bagina
04-02-2006, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
where there is any buy-in limit at all that is

[/ QUOTE ]
Introduce a limitless buy in and watch the players flawk.

HavanaBanana
04-03-2006, 01:48 PM
The fact that you get dissconnect protect if you 'forget' to act is a joke.

Certainly you can do as other sites and fold these people?

It will happen to me when I am in the small blind multitabling between TRUE and other sites, and I then lose my allinprotection for 24 hours.

I much rather have my hand folded as it is more fair to everyone.

Before this happens I will never have any significant play at this site.

David has been active for a long time now, and that is appreciated, but please fix this bug, or explain why you are keeping it.

ToT

heater
04-03-2006, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

(A number of Brick & Mortar rooms I know of have max or set buy-ins blinds at 50xBigBlind, where there is any buy-in limit at all that is.)

How about blinds at $.25 - $.50 for $25 NL ? Yes that is only 50BB, but it is only a $25NL level and may hold appeal for crapshooters .... double up once and you should be set, with an advantage. Comments ?

Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

Sitting with 100BBs while everyone else has 50BB stacks doesn't give you any sort of advantage. The problem is allowing people to buyin short in the first place. Deepstack poker requires more skill.

Eder
04-03-2006, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Truepoker CEO

[/ QUOTE ]

Sitting with 100BBs while everyone else has 50BB stacks doesn't give you any sort of advantage. The problem is allowing people to buyin short in the first place. Deepstack poker requires more skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to see any changes that might appeal to skillful poker players. IMO your site is perfect atm.

Soul Rebel
04-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks for responding to my post. I will download the True Poker software and check out the games, that way I can give you more informed feedback. Although a high stakes uncapped NL game would be the only one on the internet, and it would be an incredible addition to the site. I would imagine it would be a big hit, although there is the obvious concern about players getting cleaned out much quicker.

1p0kerboy
04-03-2006, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As always, we are open to suggestions for structuring tournaments, types of S&G formats you might like, whether you want added values, like WSOP prizing, et cetera.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi TruepokerCEO. First let me say that we all appreciate you coming on these boards and listening to our ideas.

Having said that, I feel the S&G structure on Truepoker is aweful. With the blind structure the way it is (15/30, 30/60, 50/100) players should start with about 2000 chips, if you want to be competetive with some of the better structures that are currently out there. Although many players like a shorter structure (I don't), I think even most of them will agree that the TruePoker structure is too fast.

Also, the juice is way to high on a lot of your tournaments/SNGs. Examples of this is the $6+1 and the $3+.50. Juice should never be higher than 10% and even many bad players are aware of this (although I imagine they still play them anyways).

Not only do many other sites abide by the 10% rule, it is common to actually pay well below this with rakeback and bonuses. As examples, pokerroom has reloads where you can get 50% of your tournament entry fees back, essentially paying 5%. During bonus time at PokerStars, you play rakefree and when it is not bonuse time they have an excellent VIP program which returns a minimum of 8%.

Of course, changing these things will not necessarily draw players to the site.

Hope I was able to explain everything in a positive light.

Soul Rebel
04-04-2006, 01:58 AM
True Poker CEO - First off, I'm impressed with your level of activity on these boards. I just downloaded the software and created an account, and here are my thoughts / things that are keeping me from playing there.

1. Stakes aren't high enough. $15/$30 is the lowest game I play, I'd like to see at least $20/40 and preferably some $30/$60 limit, and at least $5/$10 NL. I may play the $15 game if it looks good, but the $500 NL at True is a waste of my time.

2. The disconnect problem that HavanaBanana mentioned is very worrying, and would have to be fixed if higher stakes NL was introduced.

3. The blind structures for the tourneys seem very quick. Level III should not be 50/100, that is very very quick. I can't think of another site that hits 50/100 so fast, except party, and you start with a ton of chips there.

I'll post more suggestions if I see anything else. Thanks.

Markusgc
04-04-2006, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3. The blind structures for the tourneys seem very quick. Level III should not be 50/100, that is very very quick. I can't think of another site that hits 50/100 so fast, except party, and you start with a ton of chips there.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, many of the tournies I play there go 7/15, 15/30/ 25/50, 50/100. I definitely agree with the rake issue on SnG's. I recently emailed a suggestion to support to see $4+.40 NON-speed SnG's (as they only had 3+.50 Speeds at the time) and while they didn't change the entry/rake, at least they have regular ones at a low buy-in.

boracay
04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
no more signup bonus at true poker?

POKhER
04-04-2006, 11:51 PM
Well i downloaded it.. was gonna sign up then NO ONE said the signup bonus was(7x? 10x?) or when this current bonus expired(Can i sign up now, then clear 1st then cashin for this reload?).

So [censored] that.

Markusgc
04-05-2006, 08:46 AM
There's a sign up bonus, 40% if I'm not mistaken. Just download TP and click "host" on the main lobby screen, tell 'em what you want to do and in a minute or so they'll get back to you (sorta like an IM) and they'll tell you about any codes, etc.

The reload bonus expired 4/4

TruePoker CEO
04-06-2006, 08:11 PM
"The images and colours are way too sharp that it causes your eyes to constantly refocus."

Thanks for the compliment. I will make a standing offer to anyone who plays a monthly average of 4,000 qualified raked hands for four months, i.e. "excessive use" ? I'll send you some sunglasses if you want them.

Alternatively, you can adjust the brightness or sharpness quite easily on most monitors.

Truepoker CEO