PDA

View Full Version : Acceler-8-ator Promotion question re moving status

Poet MP
03-31-2006, 03:01 PM
I have my last week to complete now, and given I've not started it this week, I wondered if the move from tomorrow to Gold status (from Blue - woohoo!) will mean I only have to play half as much to cover it.

I just don't feel like spending several hours trying to get a reasonable (and truthful) answer from Party support. Or waiting until tomorrow.

Davey
03-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Im pretty sure last time they did not update right on time. So I wouldnt count on being bumped up a status level.

Poet MP
03-31-2006, 03:39 PM
Fair enough - that doesn't surprise me at all. I'll just have a lot of work to do in 4 days to make sure I get the last one to get the large end bonus.

NickMPK
03-31-2006, 04:05 PM
I too am moving up in April (from Blue to Silver) and changing status tomorrow would help complete my bouns.

But every response I've heard on this issue suggests that it takes a couple days to update your status. So I would get to work on the assumption that this won't help you.

MilkMan
03-31-2006, 04:15 PM
It definitely took a couple of days last quarter before status upgrades were made by Party. Incredibly (and yet not) they don't have this automated.

ajmargarine
03-31-2006, 04:51 PM
I am also moving up, from blue to silver. The VIP bonuses are running off of derivatives of past points earned. The next VIP bonus will be calculated off of points I earned as a blue?? So, being a silver now, it should be easier to get the next VIP bonus???

Poet MP
03-31-2006, 05:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...So, being a silver now, it should be easier to get the next VIP bonus???

[/ QUOTE ]
I've little doubt they'll take this into account as you move up and make the next bonus just as gruelling in terms of hours you have to play.

sdc
03-31-2006, 06:29 PM
do u have to request to have status changed or is it done automotically?

Schwatt
03-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Poet, I know you play at about the same levels I do, so I am suprised to hear you are moving to Gold. I made silver easily, but I was wondering how much of the 50k points you got for this quarter were deposit points? I suppose maybe you just play a lot more than me is possible too.
FWIW I play app. 20-25k hands a month.

Schwatt

Poet MP
04-01-2006, 11:19 AM
I didn't get any deposit bonuses as far as I'm aware (or certainly that I chased), though I dare say that means I got a couple when a reload bonus became available.

The VIP scheme meant I had to get 3,520 points per week of regular points, and what with playing a fair bit of 5/10 (and losing horribly - hooray!), it's all just added up.

Oh, and I played about 49k hands of 2/4 last month, as well as some 3/6 and 5/10.

KEW
04-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Good news my status change has taken place...This should make it easier for all of us...This is great since it is week 8 and we get the status change for 4 days...

NickMPK
04-01-2006, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Good news my status change has taken place...This should make it easier for all of us...This is great since it is week 8 and we get the status change for 4 days...

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know when your status has changed? (Besides just noticing that you got more points than you should have.)

Davey
04-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Im lazy right now. Check out the threads in the Internet forum. The link is posted in both of them. Or search my name, its a couple posts back.

KEW
04-01-2006, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know when your status has changed? (Besides just noticing that you got more points than you should have.)

[/ QUOTE ]

From Main Lobby:

Click Party Point
Then Click "Details"
and from the body of the scene that pops up click "Check your PartyPoints statement" it is in purple near the bottom

sonartec
04-01-2006, 06:35 PM
I missed out by 246pts on moving up to silver. But i was made a VIP, the VIP offers are on an individual basis correct? so that means when they make me an offer they should take into account the fact i am still blue and not require as many points?

AlexTrue
04-01-2006, 07:15 PM
OK, they changed my blue to silver status couple hours ago. Very nice from Party since I was busy last week with Pokerroom and Empire bonii workout.

Poet MP
04-01-2006, 09:14 PM
TOTALLY SWEET! Been out all night and to come back to being changed to Gold status for the last 3 days of the bonus has meant instead of playing about 40 hours in 3 days I can half that. WOO!