PDA

View Full Version : 5Stud hand vs 2+2'er

NotMitch
01-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Opponent is a 2+2 poster (though I dont know who) and knows the same info about me. The game is $2/$4 limit 5 Stud with a $.25 ante. The game is six handed when the following hand occurs.

Some dude brings it in for $1 with something (hh doesnt show it), 1 fold and 2+2 raises with an Ace on the door. Im next with 6(6), should I just hit the gas here? It seems like just calling is more suspect thank raising, but a raise seems like it gives the hand away.

NYCNative
01-09-2006, 01:12 AM
You mean (66)6, right? All books suggest you just call the first two streets with trips however if you're at a table where four people are playing in capped pots (i.e. with a lot of the chasers you see at low limits) then I say raise it up. So it would depend on the table.

NotMitch
01-09-2006, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You mean (66)6, right? All books suggest you just call the first two streets with trips however if you're at a table where four people are playing in capped pots (i.e. with a lot of the chasers you see at low limits) then I say raise it up. So it would depend on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

No this is 5 stud, I meant 6(6).

NYCNative
01-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Me no read good. Never played 5Stud so I'll just go away now...

Jeffage
01-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Depends how he plays (and I'm not a 5 stud expert by any means). If you raise, you could have an ace and the hole and be testing him. If you just call, he has to put you pretty squarely on 66. So I'd raise and let him wonder what you have. But that's just a guess.

Jeff

Andy B
01-09-2006, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
All books suggest you just call the first two streets with trips

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever read 7CS4AP?

Andy B
01-09-2006, 02:00 AM
I think you have to raise because you want to thin the field as much as possible. Your opponents should be able to put you on (6)6 whether you call or raise.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-09-2006, 08:27 AM
its been a while since i've played 5stud and i'm pretty sure i'm not that good in it, but i would think good players sometimes reraise open A with less than that and really make the guy wonder. either way, you obviously have to play this hand so he's either going to think you have 66 or are BSing him. whichever it is you want him to pay to catch up to you.

PoorLawyer
01-09-2006, 11:48 AM
I would definitely raise here.
1. you are going to play the hand
2. most people raise an Ace door
3. You want to thin the field
4. If he does have aces, that sucks but oh well
5. If he is behind you want him to pay to chase or get him to fold if he bricks 3rd.
6. This is my gut and I've never read anything about 5 stud but have played it a bit.

NotMitch
01-09-2006, 10:55 PM
I raised, folded to him he called. On 3rd he caught a K for (x)AK and I caught an A for (6)6A, he bet I raised, he called. We both bricked on 4th and he check folded. I think we both might have screwed up 3rd.