PDA

View Full Version : Is this way too weak tight?

lstream
01-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Seat 8 was new at the table, but seemed to be a reasonable player.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___completes

4th Street - (4.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___double bets
Seat 8: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

Total pot: (4.00 SB)

Andy B
01-08-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't make these folds nearly as often as I should.

mscags
01-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Looks good in this strucutre

BeerMoney
01-08-2006, 11:50 PM
you pay $1.375 per hand in this structure. The big bet is $20. why not wait for a situation where you know you have the best hand, or a reasonable drawing hand. In a 4 way pot, i think you'd be best served to have the biggest pair, or a big 3 flush. In SS, chip reese says that if you're not going to have the likely biggest pair, you're better off having your pair buried. your position relative to the aggressive bettor would make it difficult to knock players out if you pair your kicker.

U think you're better than me?

lstream
01-08-2006, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No one is better than you oh poker master. Oops I forgot about IBlewtheTeam who is easily better than you.

BTirish
01-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Nothing weak about that fold at all in that structure. It's a strong fold!

iamastud
01-09-2006, 12:55 AM
These are the type of folds that you have to make if you want to consistantly make 1-2 big bets per hour. If you are not able to make this type of fold, your win rate will be much less.

Jeffage
01-09-2006, 01:32 AM
If you have no reason to believe this guy raises on air, you have to fold in this game. Curious, what do you guys think of this...you're playing 75-150 with a $15 ante and this same type of player raises. Easy fold or take it to 150? I guess it would be player dependent...if he's not the type to raise w/o two kings, you have to fold regardless of structure. Those people just don't seem too prevalent in my games (most would raise with buried 6's here alot of the time) so I'd tend to reraise now and ask questions later. But there are some where there is a huge likelihood they will show up with kings most of the time, so I'd have to fold.

Jeff

Andy B
01-09-2006, 01:44 AM
When you cited pocket Sixes as a possible hand for a typical opponent, did you take into account that there's a Six out on this hand? I'll assume not. The extent of my experience at $75/150 stud is an ill-advised shot that lasted less than an hour, but I think that it's still a fold. You're against a probable pair of Kings and (presumably) a couple of decent drawing hands. I don't think that this is a good spot. If I did choose to play, I would only call. Raising isn't going to get anyone out unless the guy with the King three-bets. In this case, you will likely have put in $225 with the worst hand.

frappeboy
01-09-2006, 03:23 AM
Fold in this structure, re-raise in a fast ante structure.

frappeboy
01-09-2006, 03:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you pay $1.375 per hand in this structure. The big bet is $20. why not wait for a situation where you know you have the best hand, or a reasonable drawing hand. In a 4 way pot, i think you'd be best served to have the biggest pair, or a big 3 flush. In SS, chip reese says that if you're not going to have the likely biggest pair, you're better off having your pair buried. your position relative to the aggressive bettor would make it difficult to knock players out if you pair your kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut up bald ass.

lstream
01-09-2006, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Those people just don't seem too prevalent in my games (most would raise with buried 6's here alot of the time)

[/ QUOTE ]
As Andy has indicated, isn't the real killer here that two guys called the completion ahead of you? So you could be correct about seat 8 not having his kings, but still be in a pile of trouble with at least one of the other two hands.

jon_1van
01-09-2006, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't make these folds nearly as often as I should.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.

MRBAA
01-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Solid fold the first time. Now if this guy show up raising alot, and the callers show up calling alot, you adjust. Particularly in short games, I often like to smooth call players here if I think there's a good chance they don't have kings, with the plan of seeing what develops by fifth. The idea is to give me an opportunity to outplay based on the cards that fall and the action.

Of course against a solid player, or one who is at least more aware and aggerssive, I'll be much more prone to fold or maybe reraise, since outplayer later isn't going to happen.