PDA

View Full Version : (Hopefully) Quick Question About Filing Estimated Payments

DVaut1
03-28-2006, 01:13 PM
Do I have to report my calculations to the IRS/the state tax treasurer (I live in Michigan), or do I just send in the payment? I've read the documentation (and browsed a few websites) and it seems like I can be pretty liberal in how I choose to calculate my estimated payments -- so much so that the IRS doesn't require you to report how you did the calculations (IOW, you don't need to turn in the 1040-ES worksheet). Anyone with information on this would be helpful. I assume most of you won't know Michigan state law, but may have some insight with regard to estimated federal taxes.

I noticed a thread convering this topic a few days ago, but it did not address whether or not the IRS requires the calculations.

broiler
03-28-2006, 03:09 PM
All that you need to do at this time is send in your payment. Any calculation for underpayment would be sent with your tax return for the tax year that you paying.

DVaut1
03-28-2006, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All that you need to do at this time is send in your payment. Any calculation for underpayment would be sent with your tax return for the tax year that you paying.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I figured. Thanks.