PDA

View Full Version : bad beat that wasn't the bad beat

rageotones
03-28-2006, 02:01 AM
so i'm at my local 1/2 nlhe game that easily plays like 2/5. there is this guy who seems maybe drunk that buys in for the max(300), and starts throwing his chips around. he gets really lucky a few times...(calling an all-in w/T7s on a flush draw, paired board), and starts building up a decent stack. i start rebuying, not because i'm losing, but because you are allowed to buy up to 75% of biggest stack(he's gotten up over 600). i'm biding my time just praying for a hand against him, and then it happens.

hero UTG+1 has 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gifraises to 6
5 callers including villain i think in the BB

flop:
4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

sb(an old lady who is actually the grandmother of a guy at the table) checks

donkey villain bets out 65 into the 30 pot, and i just call b/c i have 3 behind me

fold, fold

sb calls 65 and has 3 left

turn, 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

grandma bets her last 3

donkey calls

hero(and it hurt me to only bet this much) raises to 55 total

sb is all in,

donkey FOLDS?!?!?!

river: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

no one notices my flopped full house b/c they are cheering for grandma and her quads. the bad beat isn't even that i lost to grandma, but i didn't get a single $1 out of the donkey on this hand.

he later raised UTG to about 25, was reraises all-in to 175.

donkey calls and shows T /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
non-donkey shows A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gif and doubles through.

now i officially start weeping and tilt off money for the rest of the night.

Jehaim
03-28-2006, 03:27 AM
Clearly he needs outs to call.