PDA

View Full Version : Pokersourceonline Question? What exactly is a raked hand?

Zachvdp
03-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Ok, what exactly is a raked hand?

I know it's when the "house" takes part of the pot.

But when does the hand become raked?

If I sit at a poker table, get delt a hand, and fold, is that considered one raked hand towards my reward or do i have to put some money in the pot for it to be considered a raked hand? Or play the hand all the way to the end?

Who keeps track of my raked hands?

Also my goal is to get the Nevada Jack chipset by playing $50 at partypoker.com for 250 raked hands in "$.50/1 Limit - NL $25".

I've done well on partypoker.net, but most player are goofballs there. I'd say i'm a knowlegeable, average player, is it possible, in the opinion of someone who's done this, for me to get the chipset.

Also i have a partypoker.com account but i never deposited money into it, am i still eligiable?
I played a few freeroll toury's but never won any cash.

Sorry for the long post but i wanna do this right, thanks for any and all help.

OziBattler
03-27-2006, 09:02 PM
each site may have a different 'raked hand' definition. use search here or go to the sites.

apparently at party its a raked hand if you were dealt cards and the total rake for the hand was at least 1c for each player. So if rake is 5c and there is 6 players its not a raked hand but if there are 5 players and its a 5c rake then they call it a raked hand. you can fold preflop as long as the other players generate enough rake as per above.

you can have a play money account but youll have to create a new one. I suggest reading the PSO T&C carefully.

good luck

NSchandler
03-27-2006, 09:05 PM
The definition of a raked hand differs room by room. Usually, you do not have to contribute to the pot, but only be dealt cards. Some sites require a minimum of $1 rake for the hand to be considered raked, others give partial points for hands raked under $1... basically, you need to check with the site you're considering.

Pokersourceonline tells you the definition of a raked hand for each site they have promos with.

At Party, you need only be dealt cards. The rake must equal at least $0.01 per person, i.e. $.10 at a full table or $.06 at a 6-max table.

I'm not sure if you're eligible if you have a play account at Party - I think probably not but I would check with PSO.

I don't know how good of a poker player you are, but if you play tight pre-flop and aren't awful postflop, I'd say you could at least break even at $.50/$1 and could clear the chipset fairly quickly (if you're eligible for a Party promo).

If you're not eligible for a Party promo, just sign up through one of the other sites PSO has deals with.

You might also want to consider getting some cash bonuses before the chip set. That way you have a little wiggle room for when you run bad. $50 is nowhere close to keeping you from going bust at $.50/$1.

Hope this helps.

dlk9s
03-27-2006, 11:56 PM
NSChandler knows of what he speaks. His raked hand definition for Party is correct.

You can still do a promo with PSO if you have a play money account with Party. You will need to create a new account with a different account name and e-mail address. With most other rooms, you'd be out of luck, though.

LastEmu
03-28-2006, 12:33 AM
6 players dealt into the hand or 6 players contributing to the pot?