PDA

View Full Version : PremierPokerProps.com

MikeyPatriot
03-27-2006, 01:48 AM
http://www.premierpokerprops.com/#individual-site-Details

Is this site legit? Does anyone have any experience with it? Seems TGTBD.

krazyace5
03-27-2006, 01:58 AM
They are legit.

TheGame1020
03-27-2006, 02:00 AM
Yes, it is legit. However being a prop is not for everyone as it is almost all SH games and sometimes games can be hard to find. That said if you are a good SH limit player, you can make a lot from propping.

kfellmy
03-27-2006, 11:55 AM
They are legit and you must be comfortable playing at higher levels (no site needs 1/2 limit players). You will be playing at high to mid level limits. You must also be comfortable playing short handed and even better at heads up play. Propping is a good way to make money if you are a great player. You must be well versed in all games, not just limit or no limit hold em. If your comfort zone is 2/4 then you will get minimal work. 3/6 and higher will get you a lot more work.

Remember that you are working for a site to get them rake, so you will be playing hands that normally you would throw away. Sites that pay by the hour will not want you back if they see you playing only a few hands an hour. You have to play a lot more hands than your normal. If you like seeing flops, then propping is fine for you. If you still play the normal tight/aggressive style...you won't be a prop for long.

Gildwulf
03-27-2006, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are legit and you must be comfortable playing at higher levels (no site needs 1/2 limit players). You will be playing at high to mid level limits. You must also be comfortable playing short handed and even better at heads up play. Propping is a good way to make money if you are a great player. You must be well versed in all games, not just limit or no limit hold em. If your comfort zone is 2/4 then you will get minimal work. 3/6 and higher will get you a lot more work.

Remember that you are working for a site to get them rake, so you will be playing hands that normally you would throw away. Sites that pay by the hour will not want you back if they see you playing only a few hands an hour. You have to play a lot more hands than your normal. If you like seeing flops, then propping is fine for you. If you still play the normal tight/aggressive style...you won't be a prop for long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking to a full-ring player? Because a tight-aggressive player is going to be playing 40-50% of hands 3-4 handed.

ColdCaller
03-27-2006, 12:06 PM
No, it's legit. But two of the sites are rock-heavy / lack players, and one of them has really restrictive rules.

kfellmy
03-27-2006, 12:12 PM
I am talking about a full ring player going down to short handed or heads up. You still need to play more than 40-50% when playing 3-4 handed, try 100%. Remember you are there to get the rake up.

It seems (at least when I was propping) that I lost money. When the prop pay kicked in then I was back to even. It's like they want the non props to win so they keep coming back. I made money propping, but not nearly as much as I hoped.

TheScientist
03-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Props are not there to get the rake up (at least not directly anyways) they are there to fill seats. I'm sure most sites you prop for will be more than happy if you just play your normal game. If all props had to be action junkies, it wouldn't be worth it at all.

gilbert
03-27-2006, 12:45 PM
mikey,

i propped for absolute for like a month a little over a year ago.

it was alright but wasn't really worth my time. i played the 2/4 - 5/10 limit games. i had to play stud eight or better and other games in which i sucked.

if you are a LHE player only, don't try and prop for these sites. you will have a higher expected value playing six tables at party.

Dennisa
03-27-2006, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am talking about a full ring player going down to short handed or heads up. You still need to play more than 40-50% when playing 3-4 handed, try 100%. Remember you are there to get the rake up.

It seems (at least when I was propping) that I lost money. When the prop pay kicked in then I was back to even. It's like they want the non props to win so they keep coming back. I made money propping, but not nearly as much as I hoped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have worked for a number of sites. No site has ever asked or ever suggested to change the way I play to generate more rake. No site has ever said, not to check raise. No site has ever said to soft play a customer. No site has every said play easy against a fish. You are 100% incorrect and do not know what you are talking about.

If you are a nit who hates to play hit and runners, then propping is not for you as you would be required to play any customer sitting down. Since you are playing on your own bankroll, you can play whichever way you want. Their concern is keeping games available for customers. Many customers will not play until their are 3 players at the table.

kfellmy
03-27-2006, 06:53 PM
I haven't propped in two years, maybe it has changed. But I have been "fired" from two sites that saw me not playing 50% of the time.