PDA

View Full Version : Now a response from one of my senators....

smoove
03-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Hmm, well this is pretty much a worthless response as well. This is in response to the PPA form letter I shot off. I'm not quite sure he or anyone at his office actually digested the content of the letter.

Dear ______:

Thank you for contacting me regarding internet gambling. I appreciate hearing from you.

Federal and state laws prohibit most forms of internet gambling, yet enforcement has proven difficult.
Often, the host sites for these businesses may be offshore, and outside of U.S jurisdiction. Due to this
difficulty, enforcement mechanisms have previously tried denying such providers the services of American financial services.

In September 2005, legislation was introduced to prevent the use of certain payment methods for unlawful internet gambling. However, this legislation was introduced as an amendment to H.R 2862, an appropriations bill, and was ruled by the chair as a violation of the rules requiring relevancy of amendments to appropriations bills.

Again, thank you for your input. I will bear your thoughts in mind as Congress addresses these important issues.

Sincerely,

Ken Salazar
United States Senator

jt1
03-24-2006, 05:57 PM
I'd fire another one off with a better header and reminding the senator that cc's already don't do business with online gaming and the wto may step in and impose sanctions and the gov't is loosing money from prohibiting U.S. based sites and your rights as a free individual.

then i'd remind myself that these bills will have no effect even if they do pass and i'd congratulate myself for doing my part

Wake up CALL
03-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Form letter out = Form letter in. It appears to be a fiar and equitable exchange of time and effort.

smoove
03-24-2006, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Form letter out = Form letter in. It appears to be a fiar and equitable exchange of time and effort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not sure that should affect the senator's response as long as the points contained within the letter are sensible and well-written. But I'll definitely write my own stuff for any future correspondence.