PDA

View Full Version : I won the milk bet (not by drinking)

___
03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
It was so easy. I just had to drop it around a workmate who "love[s] milk", and flash some cash. By the end of lunch hour I was $50 richer. He started out with gusto, but he only made it through about 5.5 pints.

testaaja
03-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Could you please tell me what is a milk bet (sounds like a nice bet) /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Thanks.

___
03-24-2006, 05:34 PM
My bet was that the guy couldn't drink 4 litres of milk in an hour (without puking). It's close to a lock for the person betting the milk won't be consumed.

smoore
03-24-2006, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was so easy. I just had to drop it around a workmate who "love[d] milk", and flash some cash. By the end of lunch hour I was $50 richer. He started out with gusto, but he only made it through about 5.5 pints.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst FYP of the day, easily /images/graemlins/wink.gif

testaaja
03-25-2006, 03:19 AM
Well that's something. Although I like milk I could NEVER drink 4 liters in a hour. This one is a sure bet.

OneChipWarrior
03-25-2006, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well that's something. Although I like milk I could NEVER drink 4 liters in a hour. This one is a sure bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like it's too much fluid. It just won't stay down. And I've tried.

Nottom
03-26-2006, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like it's too much fluid. It just won't stay down. And I've tried.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think I could pull this off. One of these days I'm gonna see if I can, becasue I'd love to be able to make some extra cash off stupid prop bets.

Thremp
03-26-2006, 07:39 PM
People have done it with skim. Whole milk is a almost complete lock.

I'd say maybe 1 out of 20 does it with skim. Like 1 outta 500 with 1-2%. No one does it with whole.

And this is outta the people who have got the stones to sit there and drink this knowing most people yak it up.

AceRat138
03-27-2006, 05:45 AM
Have a friend that can put down a gallon of whole milk in an hour. Have made quite a bit of money taking the opposite side of this bet.

erby
03-27-2006, 02:40 PM
I think there is probably some credence to the idea that it's due to an inability to digest the milk sugar lactose. Our ability to digest the sugar has been shown to decrease as we get older, so we're probably best suited for this task when we are younger. However, at younger ages our stomachs are smaller, and not ready for such a large amount of liquid.

Something like 70% of the world is partially lactose intolerable and Europeans are much better at digesting milk for some reason. So if you have a stubborn 25 year old American friend, this is a great bet.

Thremp
03-27-2006, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Have a friend that can put down a gallon of whole milk in an hour. Have made quite a bit of money taking the opposite side of this bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanna see the video and get in on the action.

Tony_P
03-28-2006, 12:45 AM
This was brought up in OOT and attempted as a part of the OOT Crimson Challenges. you can see the video at http://www.donkfrenzy.com