PDA

View Full Version : OOT in hiding

TimWillTell
03-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Why is OOT all the way down on the bottum of the list of forums; it took two years before I accedentely noticed it!
Shouldn't the biggest forum be on top?
I registered on 2+2 a year ago, but would have much earlier if I would have known that one can also discus movies and so on, on 2+2.

deacsoft
03-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I know what you're saying. I didn't notice OOT until I got flammed for posting OOT like material in a different forum. I was a member for several months before that happened. However, this was not an issue. Why? Because this is a poker website. So ahhhh, no. OOT is fine where it is.

theghost
03-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I love OOT, but it belongs at the bottom. It has the least relevance to the poker/gambling theme of these forums (like, zero relevance, which is good).

The fact that it takes a while to find is probably good, gives you time to learn a little about poker before 85% of your posting/reading is in OOT /images/graemlins/grin.gif

diebitter
03-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I used to post in the strat forums, until...one day...I ventured into OOT....never to escape....

HELP ME!

MrWookie
03-24-2006, 02:38 PM
What did you play, DB, SnG's, or NL? One of those weird poker games? Or did I just miss catching you in a limit forum?

diebitter
03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What did you play, DB, SnG's, or NL? One of those weird poker games? Or did I just miss catching you in a limit forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Back then, it was strictly limit HE. But the goddarn suckouts/variance drove me nuts, so I stopped.

Now it's mainly NL MTTs and SnG's. I'm pretty good at MTT (big winner - the bigger the field, the better I do - example came 2nd in a 1750 field on Weds), but not brilliant at SnG's (loser /images/graemlins/frown.gif ), but trying to get my game more solid.

I tend to play MTT if possible, but you need a lot of time, so play STT when I've not got that much time. I'm finding my winnings on MMT pay for my lousy STT habit.

As you might imagine, playing early-stage MTT gives me lots of OOT-time.

bobbyi
03-24-2006, 03:15 PM
The natural way of things is that people start in the strat forum and eventually retire to OOT. By that time, they are knowledgable in the ways of the forums, so they are able to hold good discussions even without the structure of a strat forum to keep things focussed. I think throwing more newbies into the OOT would be bad.

Sniper
03-25-2006, 06:11 AM
Actually, OOT is at the bottom to make it easy to find! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Didn't you ever skip to the last chapter of a book to find all the good stuff summarized, so you didn't have to read the whole thing! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TimWillTell
03-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Wow, so many green guys in a row; kind of intimedating; like I was going to be arrested or something.
I know now one thing for sure: OOT belongs at the buttom!