PDA

View Full Version : poker essays 1-3

jordiepop
01-08-2006, 03:02 AM
are these all different from eachother .. has anyone read all three .... what did you think .... is it just the same stuff that is in theory of poker .. and all the other books ... it seems like these authors have so many different books out but they repeat the same stuff ... so again are these 3 books different ... if yes how so

preiserone
01-08-2006, 06:49 AM
They are all very good. They do go over some of the info from other books but they go into much more detail on the specific topics. They are well worth reading.

benkahuna
01-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I've read at least 50 pages of all of them.

The older books have more outdated articles, but nothing as antiquated as some of the stuff in Super System.

They are all good and IMO all well worth reading. I haven't really found any overlap.

I did find I started a post once that was the same topic as an article in one of them. I found that mildly embarrassing even though no one else probably knew. (It was about how 72o compared to 23o).

Overall, I found them to be very high quality poker writings. If you are looking to reading everything good there is on poker, these are indispensible. I guarantee you some unique material and ideas that will help your game if you can absorb them.

Trix
01-11-2006, 08:34 AM
I found them worth reading.

Rudbaeck
01-11-2006, 09:40 AM
All three are worth it. They are collection of old magazine articles by Malmuth. Most of them go into depth on some narrow topic, often elaborating on topics that can be a bit unclear.

If you play anything but the lowest nano limits they pay for themselves.

steamboatin
01-11-2006, 11:01 AM
I own all three and I like them. They almost make me want to learn 7 card stud.

sarsen
01-11-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm half way through the first one and I have to say it is excellent. Get them.

Rudbaeck
01-11-2006, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I own all three and I like them. They almost make me want to learn 7 card stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually made me want to learn 7cs. Then I played it some. I lost the appetite. /images/graemlins/wink.gif