PDA

View Full Version : A pretty sick beat I put on a guy

Dids
11-28-2005, 08:18 PM
Vegas, 4/8 in the Wynn. 8 2p2ers, 1 old guy who is playing with us. I think I remember the action right, but if I don't, it's ok.

I get AK somewhere early and raise. Old guy calls, various 2p2ers fold, I can't remember. Jason_T is sweating my cards this hand.

Flop comes A9x. I bet, he raises, I call (I am being sneaky!).

Turn is an ace, I decide I've turned him or something. I check, he bets- I raise, he 3-bets, I call. I'm starting to get worried.

River is a K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I check, he bets, I raise, he raises, I raise, he calls.

I'm still sorting out exactly how many chips I need to put in, and jason is wigging out yelling "turn over your AK!!!"

I do, the other guy had A9, and has to witness the indignity of the entire rest of the table celebrating, high fiving, and yelling about my 3 outer. I thought, circumstantially, it was a pretty horrid beat. Luckily the guy was a pretty good sport about the whole thing.

henrikrh
11-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Wow that must be awkward for the tourist, sitting at a table with 9 people who all know each other.

PITTM
11-28-2005, 08:22 PM
this hand was so [censored] rad. especially since i folded a king in the hand. i remember being shocked at how insanely well the old guy took it.

rj

Sykes
11-29-2005, 04:04 AM
This isn't a sick beat. He sucked out on you, you sucked out on him. You had the best hand. He's the donk for calling a raise with A9.

private joker
11-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Rather than starting a new thread, I'll use this to rekindle the beauty of the 1-outer I put on this old man at the Bike while playing with Patrick del Poker Grande. Here's the link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=cardroom&Number=3571675&S earchpage=1&Main=3571675&Words=%26quot%3Bmini-trip%26quot%3B&topic=&Search=true#Post3571675) wherein I tell of the sick 1-outer suckout against AA.

RJ!
02-21-2006, 10:47 PM
i just wanted to bump this because i remember how awesome i felt seeing that beat dished out.

rj