PDA

View Full Version : winrate for party skins 100nl full?

nrinker
06-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Anyone know what is attainable here? Anyone played here for a long time?

wtfsvi
06-14-2005, 02:43 PM
You should post your own winrate, then at least you'll get some replies.

If your winrate is more than 10PTBB/100 they will sound roughly like this: "Your samplesize is way to small! You're running hot!" And if your winrate is less than 10PTBB/100 more like: "Your samplesize is way to small! A sustainable winrate for a (very) good player should be around 10PTBB/100, could be more could be less, we don't know."

nrinker
06-14-2005, 02:48 PM
haha, I was asking about possible winrates for this level because I haven't played it (dont have a winrate here).

I have heard that it is not a good game, but it fits my bankroll well, so I am trying to figure out if this is even worth my time.

Sephus
06-14-2005, 02:50 PM
6max nl games on party are good.

ChipStorm
06-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Awesome avatar.

Ojo_Rojo
06-14-2005, 03:18 PM
My winrate stays around the 5-6PTBB/100 mark, with about 20k full ring hands played in total.

Theres' no reason to believe that you cant do better. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Good luck,

Ojo_Rojo

sourbeaver
06-14-2005, 03:23 PM
If that's any help...

Here's the official 2+2 breakdown for GWA (General Winrate Assumptions):

Negative PTBB : Thank god for bonus whoring. Now get back to the Zoo (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=inet).

0 - 1.4 PTBB : Remember that aces can make straights on both high and low ends !

1.5 - 2.4 PTBB : No, 5678 does not beat ace high.

2.5 - 4 PTBB : I bet you're typing "nh.." pretty damn often.

4.1 - 6 PTBB : No, a LAG isn't a problem in your internet connection.

6.1 - 8 PTBB : Hmmm... yeah .. not bad .. not bad .. come back in 50k hands and we'll see ..

8.1 - 10 PTBB : You have OBVIOUSLY being bad beating a lot of people. It's because of people like you that some of us sane winning players are throwing rigged theories around ! Stay away from my table you lucky fish !!!

10.1 + PTBB : Okay junior, enough with the bullshit. With that sample size, we can't even tell if you're a winning player AT ALL. You need at least 500 posts to be considered a serious poker player. You might not even be worthy of existing yet ! Spread your non-sense lies elsewhere ! I'm notifying the moderator !

Gregg777
06-14-2005, 03:28 PM
NH

wtfsvi
06-14-2005, 03:30 PM
I actually laughed out semiloud to this. /images/graemlins/grin.gif An uncommon event /images/graemlins/smile.gif

vnh sir!

slayerrdn
06-14-2005, 05:11 PM
In the past 3 months and over 50K in hands since I moved up from party 50nl to party 100nl ive sustained somewhere around 9PTBB/100 and some of those 50K hands were played on tilt so - i would say its possible somewhere around 10 - 13

slayerrdn

AnonymousGambler
06-14-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm slightly over 7PT BB/100, but then again, I'm not very good either.

nrinker
06-14-2005, 10:52 PM
How many tables do you play at a time?

crosse91
06-14-2005, 11:00 PM
if 100nl is not a good game, then what games have you heard are good? I just stepped up to 100nl as well and am wondering what a good winrate would be.

slayerrdn
06-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I play either 4 or if I feel like really not paying attention i'll load up another 2 on an additional monitor....definetely possible though to maintain a +10PTBB/100 because ( in my experience ) most of the players on 100 NL are donkeys.
It doesnt take much to notice the guys not to mess with - just a little PT data or a little observing of the table...

slayerrdn

HonestIago15
06-14-2005, 11:18 PM
About to take advantage of newbies status

What exactly does "10PTBB/100" mean?

crosse91
06-14-2005, 11:22 PM
PT-unsure
BB-2 x the big blind (in this case 2 bucks (2x1=2))
/100- a hundred hands

so he's saying you're winning more than 10 big bets for every 100 hands you play

comes from a pokertracker stat
check out pokertracker here (http://www.pokertracker.com)

HonestIago15
06-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Ahhh I do indeed have poker tracker, I just have only used the SNG feature on it until recently. I have almost 3000 hands logged but haven't actually checked out any of my statistics yet, since I figured they would be meaningless.

TheWorstPlayer
06-15-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
True. But stop ruining it for those of us who live there already!

TheWorstPlayer
06-15-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PT-unsure

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
comes from a pokertracker stat

[/ QUOTE ]

mason55
06-15-2005, 01:01 AM
I never realized how much bitterness there was in this forum. There's very few regular posters. Most of them make a good win rate. Don't worry about your win rate, just try to play every hand as well as you can. If you feel you didn't play a hadn your best and don't know why then ask. It's very very VERY easy.

nrinker
06-15-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I never realized how much bitterness there was in this forum. There's very few regular posters. Most of them make a good win rate. Don't worry about your win rate, just try to play every hand as well as you can. If you feel you didn't play a hadn your best and don't know why then ask. It's very very VERY easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has nothing to do with why I am asking about winrates.

Don't worry about your winrate? Why not... thats the reason you play. I have heard that the 100 nl full ring game isn't very profitable, so I am wondering if anyone out there is doing well at it.

You may wonder why I am being persistent about a game I have heard isn't very profitable... well, my bankroll/style i want to play right now fits the 100nl.

I try and play every hand as best I can/try to learn as well. Trying to up my winrate/wonder about a game being worth my time has little to do with trying to play well/learn...

crosse91
06-15-2005, 02:10 AM
thats what i figured-but why put that in there in the 1st place?

BZ_Zorro
06-15-2005, 02:18 AM
$100NL full is insanely profitable and the best game there is I think apart from 6max. It's the cutoff for the small stakes 'mom and dad/college kids' players who'll happily give you their money.

I posted a graph of my win/loss rate here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2639327&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1), it may be of some interest.

sourbeaver
06-15-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thats what i figured-but why put that in there in the 1st place?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokertracker figures a BB to be twice the actual big blind (which we usually refer to as BB) in its winrate calculations. So, to avoid confusion, PTBB now means 2x big blind.

crosse91
06-15-2005, 02:20 AM
understood, thank you

primate
06-15-2005, 09:44 AM
and if you don't have PT, how do you work it out. I have P Office?

bfc
08-03-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and if you don't have PT, how do you work it out. I have P Office?

[/ QUOTE ]

pokeroffice reports $won/hand which you can easily convert to PTBB/100 (a PTBB is twice the big blind). For example, if you're playing with a 0.5 big blind then multiply $won/hand by 100, if playing with a $1 big blind then multiply by 50.

beware of the BB/100 column in the pokeroffice livetracker (at least in all versions up to the current version of 1.89). When you mouse over the column heading you'll see the label "Big Bets per 100 hands" but for party skins this is actually "big blinds per 1 hand" (you need to multiply this number by 50 to get PTBB/100). To make matters worse, the value reported for poker stars is calculated differently. I don't have stars running at the moment but I think it's "big blinds per 100 hands" (different from PTBB/100 by a factor of 2).

crewshell
06-13-2006, 03:25 AM
O.k - So let me see if I understand this correctly (I do not have PT, so I am going to have to do the math myself)

Original Buy in: 22.00
Current Stack size: 96.23
Hands Played: 749 ( I KNOW THIS IS A VERY SMALL SAMPLE!)
Game Size: .05/.10 NL

So Winnings = 74.23 / 2xBB (.20)= 371.15 PTBB
371.15 PTBB / (749 / 100) 7.49 = 49.55

O.k now that I work that out, I must have done something wrong, there is no way my win rate could be that high right...? What part of the math did I screw up?

Also - Since I play on Bodog mostly, is there another program that works with that site since PT does not? Should I just switch sites... Is it going to be worth it you guys think?

Thanks for all your help

SirPsycho
06-21-2006, 01:11 PM
crewshell, your math is right. You say you know your sample size is small, but then you are questioning your results? Your answer is in your post.

jjigglers
06-21-2006, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$100NL full is insanely profitable and the best game there is I think apart from 6max. It's the cutoff for the small stakes 'mom and dad/college kids' players who'll happily give you their money.

I posted a graph of my win/loss rate here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2639327&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1), it may be of some interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to argue 200NL is the cutoff.

kolotoure
06-21-2006, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to argue 200NL is the cutoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I think 200NL is mos def the cutoff

bilbo-san
06-21-2006, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if 100nl is not a good game, then what games have you heard are good? I just stepped up to 100nl as well and am wondering what a good winrate would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a good game, just not as good as 6-max. But they are different beasts, so beating them requires different styles.

Full-ring is full of weak-tight players. You can win a LOT of money playing small-ball. But you can lose a lot of money betting POT, POT, POT with your AA out of position against a 12/8/1 player who keeps calling. Get what I'm saying?

6-max is full of action junkies. You can win a LOT of money betting POT, POT, POT (with the occasional check/call on the river) with your AA vs. some 33/8/1 guy who keeps calling. But you can lose a LOT of money trying to C/R-Bluff the same guy on the flop.

In FR, you make money by picking up more than your share of pots, when no one else shows interest, and occasionally getting it all in the middle with your monsters when someone plays back at you.

In 6-max, you make money by Value betting, value betting, value betting, and, oh yeah, betting vs. the calling station when you think you have a better hand.

Having said that, in 6-max you will play many, many, many more pots per/hour than in full ring (putting aside the notion, for the moment, that you can 8-table FR, but only 4-table 6-max, etc), so you will get better at post-flop play faster than you would in Full-Ring.

To put it another way, in Full-Ring, almost all your profit (and indeed, the vast majority of the pots you play) comes from the button, cutoff, hijack, and to some extent 3 off the button. So, in 6-max, you're practicing those positions. So, after say 50k hands of 6-max, when you sit in a full-ring game, against opponents who have played 50k hands of full-ring, you have a LOT more experience playing pots from those positions than they do. This gives you an advantage both when you are in position (they play sub-optimally against you) and when you are out of position (they don't use their position as well as they could).

pokerpudii
06-21-2006, 02:44 PM
I have been playing full ring online for about 18 months, but only bought Poker Tracker 4 months ago. Although I have read books etc... I really think I had to fix some leaks in my game and feel I have really improved in the last month.

Since Feb my PTBB/100 is 8 (37,000 hands) at the $50 buy in tables, but I have been shot down (lost two or three buy ins) every time I have tried the $100 buy in tables until this month. My overall PTBB/100 is negative 2 (18,000 hands) there.

This month though my PTBB is 9 (11,000 hands) at $50 tables and 11 (2,000 hands) at $100 tables. Maybe I am just running good right now, but I think I fixed some serious leaks.

With the above said, you will have more people play back at you and call your continuation bets at $100 than $50. I think they generally do play better poker, but there are donks everywhere...

Just my experiences...

kolotoure
06-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Play 6 max it is so much softer

fishfeet
07-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Is there a way to get your entire hand history from party?
Im wanting to get pokertracker soon and would like to include the hands I have played.
Im sure they are not available back more than a few hundred, but thought I would ask.

Im not sure how many hands Ive played, but its about 10k Im guessing.
I have 1500+ "party points" and you get 4 for every 20 raked hands.
(1500/4)*20 = 7500. Add in the unraked hands I would guess makes it 10kish

Anyway - I got a $75 bonus from party with no deposit required. Started playing $25NL 6max. Currently my bankroll is $800.
I know 10kish hands is a small sample.. but if Im understanding the winrate correctly it is:

PTBB = $.50
(725/.5)/(10000/100) = 14.5

Am I doing this correctly?

I would like to move up to $50NL 6max... but if Im not mistaken, $1000 is recommended min bankroll for that game?

vabogee
07-07-2006, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
True. But stop ruining it for those of us who live there already!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. the secret is out!

carnivalhobo
07-07-2006, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a way to get your entire hand history from party?
Im wanting to get pokertracker soon and would like to include the hands I have played.
Im sure they are not available back more than a few hundred, but thought I would ask.

Im not sure how many hands Ive played, but its about 10k Im guessing.
I have 1500+ "party points" and you get 4 for every 20 raked hands.
(1500/4)*20 = 7500. Add in the unraked hands I would guess makes it 10kish

Anyway - I got a $75 bonus from party with no deposit required. Started playing $25NL 6max. Currently my bankroll is $800.
I know 10kish hands is a small sample.. but if Im understanding the winrate correctly it is:

PTBB = $.50
(725/.5)/(10000/100) = 14.5

Am I doing this correctly?

I would like to move up to $50NL 6max... but if Im not mistaken, $1000 is recommended min bankroll for that game?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont think you can get more than about 100 hhs from party.

winrates are something that are so effected by varaiance theres no reason to even consider what yours might be until youve played close to 50k hands (and most here would argue thats too small a sample as well).

At SSNL your game should be improving rather quickly and moving up limits so theres little need for winrate discussions here, as the number itself (if you could figure it out) should be changing.

1k is suggested for 50nl but if you are confident in your ablities start taking shots around 800, the game is very beatable and the players are just as bad. There have been some good threads lately on bankroll and moving up, look at those.

Slade19
07-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Apparently I still suck at poker, but here's my experience so far at Party Poker: (This is all at 6 max)

http://www.ultimatemicrofiber.com/images/misc/pokertracker.jpg

My last hand wasn't captured.... I had $27 left in my account and decided to gamble it away at NL100, that's why you see my post + BB + SB in NL100 loss column and not the other 25 bucks.

I was dealt A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG. All the previous hands someone had raised so I decided to just call and reraise.

UTG + 1 raised to $5, Button folded, SB folded, BB called and I reraised all in. UTG+1 re-reraised all in and BB folded.

Flop: (Me and UTG+1, I'm all in)
A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif x/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Turn:
x/images/graemlins/spade.gif

River:
J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG+1 shows JJ
My Aces and Kings are no good. Coin flip went my way, and the sonofagun hits the 2 outer on the river. BBV!

Poker Tracker never picked up the hand because the moment I saw the Jacks I just X'd Party Poker faster than the hand hit my HD.

Moral of the story? Fold AKs preflop!

And don't suck at poker like me!

Mother Mucker
01-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Dumb question, but bear with me....

So, if under my Poker Tracker "BB/100 hands" column at the bottom, it says 20.11. Does this mean I'm really making 40.11 BB/100 hands being that Poker Tracker counts double?

Also, is there a certain BB/100 that people use as a good indicator on when it's time to go up a level? (I'm at 10NL now)

Kowalski
01-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Wow way to bring a VERY old thread back.

People say 4-6 BB/100 is very good, and anything over that is pretty much killing the game.

Keep in mind that the only real way to find your true winrate is to play for a LOT of hands. Some people say 50k, some say 100k... But the more hands you play the closer to accurate your actual winrate will be.

I'd say you should be able to beat NL10 for 6-8 BB/100 by playing ABC poker and finding donkeys/maniacs and exploiting them when you have strong holdings.

Mother Mucker
01-14-2007, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow way to bring a VERY old thread back.

People say 4-6 BB/100 is very good, and anything over that is pretty much killing the game.

Keep in mind that the only real way to find your true winrate is to play for a LOT of hands. Some people say 50k, some say 100k... But the more hands you play the closer to accurate your actual winrate will be.

I'd say you should be able to beat NL10 for 6-8 BB/100 by playing ABC poker and finding donkeys/maniacs and exploiting them when you have strong holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, thanks.

Yeah, my sample is quite a bit smaller than 100k so I have some playing to do.