PDA

View Full Version : Politically Castrated

TwiceBanned
03-22-2006, 09:35 AM
I live in house district of Bob Goodlatte.

When I check the FEC report on who is donating to him there is not a single contribution listed($250+) from Alleghany Co. VA.

Most of his money seems too come from the sugar,cotton,rice and chickens.

Only the poulty industry is big in his district.

Before you say anything Alleghany Co. is spelled correctly.

We do paper /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jt1
03-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Which bill is sponsored by Leach and which sponsored by Goodlatte? What are the differences?

Does Goodlatte face competition or is his election a rubberstamp?

TwiceBanned
03-22-2006, 10:17 AM
I think leach's bill was the HRx of 2002.

coachkf
03-22-2006, 10:33 AM
TwiceBanned. You should run against him. I'd donate to your campaign!

(He's ran unopposed the last two elections I believe?)

jt1
03-22-2006, 10:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(He's ran unopposed the last two elections I believe?)

[/ QUOTE ]

What a douchebag. If he needed the fundamentalists to keep his dream job then you could forgive him but....(choosing not to rant)

ChrisAJ
03-22-2006, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I live in house district of Bob Goodlatte.

When I check the FEC report on who is donating to him there is not a single contribution listed($250+) from Alleghany Co. VA.

Most of his money seems too come from the sugar,cotton,rice and chickens.

Only the poulty industry is big in his district.

Before you say anything Alleghany Co. is spelled correctly.

We do paper /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of reasons for that. Many incumbents who don't face challengers won't raise money in their districts - it's tough to justify asking your constituents for money when your constituents know you don't face opposition.

The reason for the agriculture money is simple: he's chairman of the Agriculture Committee. Rumblings are that he might make a run for the Judiciary Committee chairmanship.

TwiceBanned
03-22-2006, 11:12 AM
33% of his money comes from CA AK OK and TX. I am outraged .If I can inform the people of western Va. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ChrisAJ
03-22-2006, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
33% of his money comes from CA AK OK and TX. I am outraged .If I can inform the people of western Va. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And the other 2/3 is from Virginia? Not a bad ratio. Would you be upset if a Goodlatte challenger received 1/3 of his contributions from MoveOn.Org folks in California and New York?

Berge20
03-22-2006, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Couple of reasons for that. Many incumbents who don't face challengers won't raise money in their districts - it's tough to justify asking your constituents for money when your constituents know you don't face opposition.

The reason for the agriculture money is simple: he's chairman of the Agriculture Committee. Rumblings are that he might make a run for the Judiciary Committee chairmanship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, that would be really bad for us...