PDA

View Full Version : Question: Editing your old posts.

bodnotbod
03-21-2006, 12:36 AM
I seem to have a short window of time when I can edit my own posts. Past a certain time it does not allow me to.

However, some of the FAQ posts appear to be edited over long periods of time.

Is this because they are usually drafted by mods, and mods can edit any post at any time?

I ask because I feel I may want to draft a post worthy of being a good reference, but I'd want to be able to edit it to reflect feedback. It would appear that I wouldn't currently be able to do that (though I can think of some work-arounds).

What's the lay of the land?

Ryan Beal
03-21-2006, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I seem to have a short window of time when I can edit my own posts. Past a certain time it does not allow me to.

However, some of the FAQ posts appear to be edited over long periods of time.

Is this because they are usually drafted by mods, and mods can edit any post at any time?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Mods can edit in their assigned forums at any time, but users are only given a limited amount of time to edit their own posts.

bodnotbod
03-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I suppose a way around it for me would be to just do a thread called "Proposed FAQ/Essay/Compilation About X" - get all the feedback from that, then repost a final draft.

PM a mod if any changes need to be made (preferably to be done on extremely rare occasions and only when it would really be of material benefit to the substantive post).

Tony_P
03-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Reged: 03/14/06

[ QUOTE ]
I ask because I feel I may want to draft a post worthy of being a good reference

[/ QUOTE ]

?

bodnotbod
03-22-2006, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reged: 03/14/06

[ QUOTE ]
I ask because I feel I may want to draft a post worthy of being a good reference

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

As in "about what?" ?

Actually it escapes me now. But I'd seen The Compilator's posts and some of the other more legendary contributions. If I get a bee in my bonnet about a specific aspect of play or managing online poker life it might occur to me to write something up.

Gah! That's going to torture me now; I remember there's been at least 3 times the last few days when I've thought, "maybe I should write a long post about that - it would clarify my thinking".

They'll probably come back to me when I've had some sleep and done some more reading.