PDA

View Full Version : Full PM Box Notification

Soul Daddy
03-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Is there a way that the system could notify us when we have reached our PM limit? The standard for me, and apparently others, is I send a PM and await a response that never comes. Then 2 days later I realize my PM box has been full the entire time. Of course, no one can notify you unless they do it on the board, in a thread that you see no less, or by means outside of 2+2.

I know that the text does appear in the My Home section, but it's not necessarily obvious if you're not looking for it. A notification by PM would be ideal, but obviously that wouldn't work unless the system cut us off 1 less and autosent something as your final message. Even better would be every time you send a message with a full box to get a default notice/popup stating that you will be unable to receive replies until you clear space in your box.

Is any of this remotely possible?

Ryan Beal
03-20-2006, 10:31 PM
This is an interesting idea. As you said, the number of PMs in the box is easy to see, but perhaps some sort of reminder like you're suggesting would help reduce confusion.

I don't know if 2+2 will implement anything like this. However, I'll make sure to bring it up again after some of the overall site design stuff has been taken care of.

BluffTHIS!
03-20-2006, 11:10 PM
How many PMs exactly is full?

Ryan Beal
03-20-2006, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The limit is set at 200.

gilbert
03-22-2006, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The limit is set at 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg does that mean we don't even get a notification that people are messaging us? just nothing?

Soul Daddy
03-22-2006, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
omg does that mean we don't even get a notification that people are messaging us? just nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct. If someone tries to send a message to you, they get an error stating you have no room for PMs and they can't send their message.

Also, your saved sent messages count towards the allotted total of 200 (I think).

P.S. Thanks, Cola.