PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer for Charity event

dogrib
01-07-2006, 03:04 PM
Random House is organizing a charity celebrity poker tournament in Toronto in early March, in part to promote my new book, Dead Money (a novel of scotch, murder, poker and cigarettes). They have no experience organizing tournaments. I was wondering if anyone with such experience would be willing to volunteer to help out, whether present in Toronto or just answering questions by email or phone. The charity is the Canadian Literacy Foundation. It's a great cause. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RR
01-07-2006, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Random House is organizing a charity celebrity poker tournament in Toronto in early March, in part to promote my new book, Dead Money (a novel of scotch, murder, poker and cigarettes).

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like if Random House wanted to make this work they would be willing to pay for a tournament coordinator. I can't imagine anyone that actually knows how to organize a tournament would be willing to give the info away on the street. If there are general you can post here there are people with quite a bit of experience around.