PDA

View Full Version : Basic Information About Cryonics...

Praxis101
03-18-2006, 10:23 AM
The thread addressing Mason Malmuth sparked my interest in cryonics.

I find the idea somewhat fascinating although I have some immediate doubts... I'm wondering if anyone in OOT is somewhat knowledgeable on the subject:

Has any living, relatively young, healthy person actually chosen and gone through with being frozen, with hopes of waking up in the future?

Are there a large ammount of people willing to do this/have done this already?

Has Cryonics been "tested" with successful results yet? I.E. has someone been frozen for a period of time as a healthy person, been unfrozen, and continued to live a healthy life?

Interesting stuff /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

AceofSpades
03-19-2006, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Has any living, relatively young, healthy person actually chosen and gone through with being frozen, with hopes of waking up in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure about other countries, but I'm pretty sure it would be illegal in US.
[ QUOTE ]

Has Cryonics been "tested" with successful results yet? I.E. has someone been frozen for a period of time as a healthy person, been unfrozen, and continued to live a healthy life?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Some embryos have been frozen and recovered, also I think some frogs, but no fully formed humans ever.

jman220
03-19-2006, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure about other countries, but I'm pretty sure it would be illegal in US.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure it would be illegal in pretty much every country.

Stu Pidasso
03-19-2006, 08:13 PM
I believe in the United States that one has to be declared dead before one could be frozen.

The problem with freezing humans is that when you freeze humans ice crystals form in your cells and explode them.

Stu