PDA

View Full Version : email from my congressman

Anadrol 50
03-17-2006, 05:08 PM
I sent (in the mail) the form letter on pokerplayersaliance. He emailed the following:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 4777, the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act. I appreciate hearing from you and having the benefit of your views.

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) on February 16, 2006, introduced H.R. 4777, which would expand and modernize the prohibition against interstate gambling.

H.R.4777 was referred to the Judiciary Committee. Should this legislation come to the House floor for a vote, I will reflect further on your well-stated views.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your opinions, and please visit my website at www.house.gov/Ferguson (http://www.house.gov/Ferguson) for more information on issues important to New Jersey’s 7th Congressional District.

ChrisAJ
03-17-2006, 05:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sent (in the mail) the form letter on pokerplayersaliance. He emailed the following:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 4777, the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act. I appreciate hearing from you and having the benefit of your views.

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) on February 16, 2006, introduced H.R. 4777, which would expand and modernize the prohibition against interstate gambling.

H.R.4777 was referred to the Judiciary Committee. Should this legislation come to the House floor for a vote, I will reflect further on your well-stated views.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your opinions, and please visit my website at www.house.gov/Ferguson (http://www.house.gov/Ferguson) for more information on issues important to New Jersey’s 7th Congressional District.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonus points for a quick turnaround. Subtract a few for unoriginal, blow-off response. I've seen a bunch of these, and written a few myself.

TruePoker CEO
03-17-2006, 11:58 PM
Put that guy down as "Undecided ?"

Follow up with a phone call to his office in your District, ask specifically for his position on the Bill and tell them yours.

Do NOT be shy, just be direct and polite.

Reef
03-19-2006, 08:38 AM
he pulled a partypoker cut-and-paste job on you

Jestocost
03-20-2006, 07:16 PM
As a former legislative correspondent for a U.S. Senator, this simply means, "I'm not going to state a position on this until I have to."