PDA

View Full Version : Iraq in the Bible

TomBrooks
03-17-2006, 12:32 PM
1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization.

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq.

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq.

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq.

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace.)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq.

Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. The second most mentioned is Iraq. However, that is not the name used. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated with it than Iraq.

The following verse is from the Koran, the Islamic Bible.

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number.)

RunDownHouse
03-17-2006, 12:34 PM
OK what was here originally was harsh, but honestly. I have spam filters on my email for a reason, I don't want to be duped into reading it in OOT.

EDIT: I'm a meany head

Phil153
03-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Well considering the bible is loosely based on the history of the middle east, it's not surprising that Iraq features prominently.

Is this a cut and paste from an email?

Gunny Highway
03-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I thought we banned the jesus spammer?

4_2_it
03-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Over 4k posts and you can't figure out the correct forum to post this in? Goodbye carpel\'tunnel, hello *

stigmata
03-17-2006, 12:41 PM
wow i never realised the bible originated in the middle east, or that the tigris & eurphates were the cradle of human civilization......

TheMainEvent
03-17-2006, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I immediately called [censored] when I read this part, and of course when I look it up:

[ QUOTE ]
"9.11": But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopey
03-17-2006, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Koran (9:11)

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(Note the verse number.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Before you embarass yourself by mindlessly forwarding emails like these that you receive, make a quick visit to Snopes (http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/quran911.asp)...

KaneKungFu123
03-18-2006, 12:45 AM
jesus was a camel jockey?

Riddick
03-18-2006, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
jesus was a camel jockey?

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasnt a dink, so why does it concern you?