PDA

View Full Version : How much do poker software developers make?

Tastysnacks
01-07-2006, 11:42 AM
HOw much do those guys selling texascalculatem and holdeminspector and pokertracker make ? I guess the guy with pokertracker did really well but what about the others? JUst curious.

Prod1gy
01-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Being that its a very niche market probably not a ton.

bziegler2
01-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I have a pretty decent product (I think), and have made less then 5 sales.

Not something I would recommend to jump into.

purp
01-07-2006, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a pretty decent product (I think), and have made less then 5 sales.

Not something I would recommend to jump into.

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked out your site and your software. It looks like you picked a tough market when you chose to develop your product. With one very established tool (Poker tracker) and another catching up (poker office).

Perhaps a niche product without any competition would be more popular. I think something like MTH would do better, it met a need (helping to multitable) for a particular group of players, and their isn't much competition.

I'm not saying you product aint any good, just it's not unique.

Larrel
01-08-2006, 03:42 AM
But if this is THE Ben Ziegler I would at least keep an eye on it. He made my EQ days much easier with his macros program. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jukofyork
01-08-2006, 07:32 AM
I also think you have a decent product! And IMHO, even in its infancy, it is allready (almost) superior to what I was using before (for my needs).

I can see you have put a great deal of effort into getting it to the stage where it is currently at, but even more impressive is I can see you have put a great deal of thought into the design, whereas I think alot of exitisting products are suffering from (legacy) design problems.

I think in the fairly near future your product will generate interest:

A. 'power-users' will love the extra functionality.
B. 'starting-players' will like the fact it can do the same job as 3/4 other payware apps, saving them $.
C. I also think you have added some cool, and original, features which even existing users of your rival products will like, and these users may also consider investing in your product because of these features alone.

Don't give up yet! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Juk /images/graemlins/smile.gif

miked002
01-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Are you talking about Xylobot? That program rocks. If it is one and the same developer then I am definitely watching his products.

ddubois
01-09-2006, 03:14 AM
The forum link takes you to "Welcome to WebBoard Discussion Boards for Xylobot, PokerManager & affiliated sites", so it's the same guy. I never would have done tradesklls if not for Xylobot.

Honestly, I cannot make heads nor tails of the pattern mapper feature.

Analyze Played Hands sounds very interesting, but I'm so entrenched in my PartyMine + PokerTracker + PockerAce HUD setup, it would be nearly impossible to make me switch.

Wacken
01-09-2006, 04:13 AM
With many people around the world capable of building software like it, it is very important to create the right product at the right time, deliver quality and completeness and to have very good marketing.

The few who succeed in all these can make a decent bit of cash.
The rest makes almost nothing.