PDA

View Full Version : 30/60 Nines

ALL1N
01-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Opponent has unconverged TAGgish stats, and hasn't been getting out of line.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks

Ja?

TStoneMBD
01-07-2006, 11:54 AM
i assume you 3bet the flop with the intention of gettng to the showdown for 1sb less right? i like this play especially on a safe board like this because its not like he has a draw to cap.

i think the turn is a pretty good card to bet at. i think there is a decent chance that he folds a ten here. there is legitimate reasons to check the turn though in that a ten might not value bet the river fearing that you have JJ+. although, that presents another interesting question, should UTG be value betting a ten on this river? i think its a yes, but its very thin. if you have JJ+ you should be value betting this river expecting to get called by a ten so the ten might as well bet hoping to get called by a PP under tens. its hard to know whether or not he would bet a ten here though since i think many tags would disagree on the appropriate line.

fortunately, giving a free card to the opponent isnt too risky in this spot because its very unlikely he has 5 outs or more unless he checkraised the flop with a hand like KQ for some random reason. if he had a pair of 4s or 3s he would almost certainly have to have an ace kicker to compliment it.

i bet it under the assumption that he value bets a ten on the river. i check it under the assumption that he doesnt. i will assume most tags at 30/60 bet it until i have a reason to think otherwise.

MAxx
01-07-2006, 11:59 AM
looks good, but if you feel comfortable bet/folding the turn here...i'd rather do that than trying to induce a bluff on the river and give out freebies. not sure, but could it be possible that your turn bet could fold a T. Doubt it, but maybe if he respects you.

...unless you were planing on folding to a river after checking behind turn i'd rather bet the turn.

other player types, i would take the check behind, call a river lead line.

dave44
01-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Well it sure looks like you have a hand that wants to guarantee getting to showdown so if I have a weak pair here I'm probably check-folding the river unimproved, which means a river bet on a blank is probably gonna be -EV. I'm definitely not bluffing on the river.

If you had bet the turn, you put a weak king in a tough spot. If I have JT here I'm certainly not feeling great about my hand. I think you have a chance at folding a few better hands.

I'm not sure how often this guy as an ace. AK and AQ are capping preflop a lot and and weaker aces don't make for a very good check-raise on the flop. Unless he's one of these I don't cap preflop, because I can just check-raise the flop kinda guys, I think you should bet the turn.