PDA

View Full Version : Poor dealing procedure cost me half of a pot.

steamboatin
01-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Live O/8 at Belterra last night.

KC is dealing. I raise preflop and bet the entire way everybody folds except this nice old man who always calls anyway. I show down my hand, nice old man places his cards face down and pushes them to ward KC. KC starts messing around with the chips like he is trying to split the pot and actually begins looking to see if I have a low hand. Other players not in the hand begin to talk about if the low got there, nice old man snatches his cards back looks them over, turns them over and there is a discussion about his hand and yes, he had a terrible low but a low none the less.

I went nuts for about thirty seconds and I ask KC "What hell are you doing, dicking around and not mucking his hand? I told him that when someone places their cards face down and pushes them in they show a clear intent to muck and he should muck those cards immediately and push me the damn pot.

I was loud and pissed, but I didn't call the floor another dealer was standing right behind him and had already tapped KC so this was the last hand of the down.

I made it clear to the nice old man, that I was not mad at him and he didn't do anything wrong and he even agreed that KC should have mucked his cards.

I don't play at Belterra often but I figure I don't need to tip KC until He pushes me about 70 winning pots, based upon the amount of time I play at Belterra, that will take years.

Sponger.
01-07-2006, 12:27 PM
http://www.nospinzone.net/party_poker_table.jpg

steamboatin
01-07-2006, 03:30 PM
80-90% VPIP makes up for a stupid dealer or two.

BobCens
01-07-2006, 08:19 PM
I 100% agree with you. KC is not much of a dealer. He thinks he's a hot shot dealer when the opposite is true. I would just as soon take a walk when he is dealing.

MicroBob
01-07-2006, 08:28 PM
I can not see what is on that party table.

steam - i agree with not tipping him.

steamboatin
01-07-2006, 08:31 PM
If it was an honest mistake, that would be one thing or if there was some confusion or incident that upset his normal routine, then I would be much more understanding because I know dealing is a tougher job than most people think and I am ready to give a dealer the benefit of a doubt but this was just plain out simple poor procedure.