PDA

View Full Version : mods shouldn't abuse their power

ElaineMonster
01-07-2006, 10:33 AM
They should moderate the forums, not use their resources to out people.

I'm talking about Wacki and Astroglide.

betgo
01-07-2006, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Which forums are these?

astroglide
01-07-2006, 03:09 PM
somebody PMd me to point out the thread and asked if i wanted to out you. i said OF COURSE I DO -- having no idea who otis was or who you were. i didn't change my mind once i found out, you were treated no differently from anybody else. it's oot. if you make a non-gimmick "gimmick" account and make allusions to having a real one, i think getting outed is a predictable outcome.

ElaineMonster
01-07-2006, 03:32 PM
It wasn't a gimmick account, it was my former account.

I posted as Otis so it wouldn’t affect Ed. I got the account when we had only been dating for 2 months. I was worried if we broke up the news would be on the forum and it wouldn’t be good for him. But I promised to get rid of Otis at 1000 posts, so I did.

Predictable and respectable are two different things.

Sure, I expected people to figure it out. But I expected to be asked before I was outed. That’s all.

[censored]
01-07-2006, 05:04 PM
You chose to make a big deal of retiring the Otis account by making a thread about it. Goodbye threads have long been against the rules of OOT. You could have simply moved onto another account without all the fanfare and protected your identity.

No poster would have been asked before being outed and there have been a few examples of this already.

voltron.
01-07-2006, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You chose to make a big deal of retiring the Otis account by making a thread about it. Goodbye threads have long been against the rules of OOT. You could have simply moved onto another account without all the fanfare and protected your identity.

[/ QUOTE ]

game, set, and match. I said good day sir!

MicroBob
01-07-2006, 07:15 PM
" i think getting outed is a predictable outcome. "

not by a moderator who just looks it up though.

although you guys are evidently having quite a discussion about this in OOT so carrying over this conversation to this forum in a new thread probably isn't going to accomplish much.

I agree with the original sentiment that mods should not abuse their powers though.

ElaineMonster
01-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Thanks MicroBob.

[censored] et al.,
Yes, I expected people to figure it out. But I kinda thought the mods would leave it alone and let people come to their own crazy conclusions. I thought, if this thread doesn't die straight away, it's going to be funny.

And since when are goodbye threads against the rules?
If they're really against the rules, you should have deleted the thread. Instead, astroglide outed me in some boring fashion without even checking my name first.

[censored]
01-07-2006, 08:03 PM
EM-

Goodbye threads have been against the rules ever since I became a mod which was in Sept. If you check Astro's OOT rules you can see he also carried over the policy.

Monty_Brogan
01-07-2006, 08:13 PM
Otis's name changed, but the whining goes on and on.

BluffTHIS!
01-07-2006, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Otis was a former account, but then how did you get MrsNPA changed into your current account name?

JaredL
01-07-2006, 10:04 PM
[censored],

My interpretation of your rules is that good-bye posts aren't against the rules but making any follow up post is. Where in any rules does it say you can't make that type of post? It's only not following through that's the problem.

Your favorite hippy,

Jared

[censored]
01-07-2006, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[censored],

My interpretation of your rules is that good-bye posts aren't against the rules but making any follow up post is. Where in any rules does it say you can't make that type of post? It's only not following through that's the problem.

Your favorite hippy,

Jared

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point and you are correct, the rule is that if you make a post that you are leaving OOT/ Not posting anymore you will be, which basically means you get banned.

fatpimp
01-08-2006, 12:36 AM
GO AWAY

Clarkmeister
01-08-2006, 01:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Otis was a former account, but then how did you get MrsNPA changed into your current account name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhh, the same way anyone can change their name?

Nut4Dawgs
01-08-2006, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
GO AWAY

[/ QUOTE ]
Cute. Why not use your regular account for this?

LittleOldLady
01-08-2006, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
" i think getting outed is a predictable outcome. "

not by a moderator who just looks it up though.

although you guys are evidently having quite a discussion about this in OOT so carrying over this conversation to this forum in a new thread probably isn't going to accomplish much.

I agree with the original sentiment that mods should not abuse their powers though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a reminder that the mods (names in green) were brought in when the volume of posts got too big for Mat to do the job, But the mods are not the be-all and end-all last word on 2p2. The forum administrators (names in red) have powers/capacities that exceed those of the mods (in green). Mods and everyone else should remember that this is Mason's site. He has the last word, and those to whom he has assigned administrative status have the second to last word. Mods come well below that.

OOT is admittedly a cess pit, a repository for excess adolescent testerone, perhaps analogous to a naked mud wrestling venue. However, the level of moderating that goes on there leaves much to be desired--arbitrary "rules" based on some individual's pet peeves and slews of arbitrary bannings. It is ridiculous to ban people because they have violated some arbitrary rule. The main point of a moderator (and this is how moderators function on every other list and board I have been a part of) is to get rid of seriously offensive behavior (stalking, racist diatribes, troll attacks aimed at crashing the site, vicious personal attacks, and so). If someone says goodbye and then changes his mind, so what, big deal.

The point is that this is a commercial site which Mason runs to promote his list and to provide added value to his customers. He does not charge people to access the site, but he does sell advertising, and he has a duty to his advertisers to see that their messages do not appear in the context of a cyber pig pen. Mason also wants to be able to refer people with whom he has business dealings (booksellers, journalists, etc.) to the site so that they can get a feel for the poker world and Twoplustwo publishing. The mod system is a way of insuring that the site does not embarrass twoplustwo publishing. I seriously doubt whether any advertiser or business contact would be offended by someone signing off and then returning after a hiatus. Mods should ask themselves whether a post, or a thread, or a poster is genuinely offensive, and if so, take steps. If a mod thinks a particular post, thread, or poster is merely lame, boring, or silly, well, one person's lameness is another person's interesting idea. Lameness is self-limiting. Sheer dopeyness does not attract many responses and dies a natural death.

Tony_P
01-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Little Old Lady,

Get over yourself

Evan
01-08-2006, 12:44 PM
tl; dr

Who are you?

trying2learn
01-08-2006, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Little Old Lady,

Get over yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

mother of otis?

El Barto
01-08-2006, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Little Old Lady,

Get over yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

mother of otis?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Little Old Lady=Dynasty's gimmick account. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I still trying to figure out Ed Miller's gimmick account.

Evan
01-08-2006, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt whether any advertiser or business contact would be offended by someone signing off and then returning after a hiatus.

[/ QUOTE ]
But the quality posters that make the site worth visiting get annoyed by it and it makes them spend less time on the site. When quality posters spend less time here the quality of the site decreses; this isn't a small problem.

ElaineMonster
01-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Regardless of the worth of the rule regarding goodbye posts, I followed it. I'm no longer using the Otis account; it has been destroyed.

LOL did not give birth to me, but she is like a mother to me in some ways /images/graemlins/wink.gif But I completely agree with her points about the mods and what their jobs are.

*TT*
01-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Astro:

I really don't want to get mixed up in this "drama" because you are doing a very good job in OOT. However this time I think Elaine is correct. Its more fun to let OOT guess on it's own, it helps to build the legend of both the poster and OOT as a whole. Additionally considering who she is, I think you should have consulted with Matt or Ed first.

Whats done is done, no use crying over split milk. But this is a good lesson for future protocol.

PS: That thread made it obvious who Commodus is to many of us. Funny, but disappointing at the same time. I wish I never knew, I've now seen that the wizard is the little man behind the curtain.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

LittleOldLady
01-08-2006, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt whether any advertiser or business contact would be offended by someone signing off and then returning after a hiatus.

[/ QUOTE ]
But the quality posters that make the site worth visiting get annoyed by it and it makes them spend less time on the site. When quality posters spend less time here the quality of the site decreses; this isn't a small problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evan, we are talking specifically of OOT and the moderating policies on OOT. By definition, OOT is not the home of quality poker posts. A quality poker poster need never set foot in OOT, and if a quality poster is not put off by endless discussions of bowel and bladder habits, recountings of drunken brawls, recitations of unpleasant physical symptoms in hopes of getting unauthoritive medical advice, and rehearsals of the abortive sexual approaches of clueless misogynists, I again seriously doubt whether someone saying goodbye and then returning will be the straw that broke the camel's back of the serious poster.

diebitter
01-08-2006, 04:16 PM
I know a knock knock joke about you...

Knock Knock?
Who's there?
A Little Old Lady
A Little Old Lady Who?
I didn't know you could yodel!

I'll get me coat...

trying2learn
01-08-2006, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know a knock knock joke about you...

Knock Knock?
Who's there?
A Little Old Lady
A Little Old Lady Who?
I didn't know you could yodel!

I'll get me coat...

[/ QUOTE ]

damn - that's funny. vnh.

MicroBob
01-08-2006, 05:07 PM
i laughed.

diebitter
01-08-2006, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

A quality poker poster need never set foot in OOT, and if a quality poster is not put off by endless discussions of bowel and bladder habits, recountings of drunken brawls, recitations of unpleasant physical symptoms in hopes of getting unauthoritive medical advice, and rehearsals of the abortive sexual approaches of clueless misogynists, I again seriously doubt whether someone saying goodbye and then returning will be the straw that broke the camel's back of the serious poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, but the film reviews are [censored] awesome!

BluffTHIS!
01-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Bob, I would just like to say, in keeping with the topic of this thread, and with your prolific post output, that I think you should experiment with abusing your mod authority. Maybe after a month of various degrees of abuse, you will know how to fine-tune it to be just on the edge of abuse without actually being so. That way you could be a role model for the other mods to emulate. Plus it would rev up this forum for a month with more whiny complaints. Show astro and the other mods that even though you came in after them, that they are just n00bs in mod power abuse /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

uDevil
01-08-2006, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...you could be a role model for the other mods to emulate.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true already.

nolanfan34
01-08-2006, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Little Old Lady,

Get over yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

mother of otis?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Little Old Lady=Dynasty's gimmick account. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I still trying to figure out Ed Miller's gimmick account.

[/ QUOTE ]

So funny. So, so funny.

MicroBob
01-08-2006, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bob, I would just like to say, in keeping with the topic of this thread, and with your prolific post output, that I think you should experiment with abusing your mod authority. Maybe after a month of various degrees of abuse, you will know how to fine-tune it to be just on the edge of abuse without actually being so. That way you could be a role model for the other mods to emulate. Plus it would rev up this forum for a month with more whiny complaints. Show astro and the other mods that even though you came in after them, that they are just n00bs in mod power abuse /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would be pretty funny actually.

Hypothetically, I could start by banning you merely for pushing forth the idea that I should abuse my mod-power.

(alas, I'm not really going to do that of course...just would be funny...hypothetically)

In all seriousness though...I think there are plenty of mods worth emulating.
I have been extremely impressed with the job that some of them have done.

particularly in the strategy forums with such things as FAQ's and weekly digests of 'best' threads, etc etc. It's not like those things happen by themselves. They take time to be put together and some of those mods have really impressed me with their dedication.

I almost didn't accept the position of 'mod' simply because I didn't think I would have time to be nearly as good or dedicated as many of the other mods on here.
Some of those guys have set a pretty high standard imo.

But I'm happy to be giving this a shot and hope I do okay and many of the other mods have been quite nice in welcoming me aboard.

I had been on BJ21.com (for blackjack card-counters) and they had a system kind of like this just to get rid of blatant racism or trolls, etc etc, as quickly as possible.

So my view of 'extra mods' was pretty much just 'kill the spammers fast'.
I never anticipated the improvements to some of the forums that the mods would bring in terms of explaining a clearer purpose of their individual forums, FAQ's, guidelines, etc.

When I first started seeing all that stuff from the mods I thought, "Wow. This mod stuff is helping WAY more than I ever could have imagined."

And I think that the policy of giving temporary bannings for certain behavioral infractions has had a positive influence around here as well.

BluffTHIS!
01-08-2006, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hypothetically, I could start by banning you merely for pushing forth the idea that I should abuse my mod-power.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only making the suggestion, not offering to be a guinea pig /images/graemlins/mad.gif.

Evan
01-08-2006, 08:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Evan, we are talking specifically of OOT and the moderating policies on OOT. By definition, OOT is not the home of quality poker posts. A quality poker poster need never set foot in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]
A long-accepted reason that these forums are not what they used to be is that the quality posters tend to digress towards discussing baseball, politics and hot wh000res after enough time spent in the strategy forums. If you take away one of those outlets by allowing longwinded "goobye posts" taht annoy them, the overall quality of this forum, poker forums included, decreases.

I'm sorry that you feel betrayed or wronged, but there hasn't been any surprising behavior so far regarding your otis account. You're being treated just like any other poster. The rules and conventions on this forum have been this way for a while.

I've never met you, but I've met Ed a few times and like him a lot, so I trust that you're pretty cool. The "OOT culture", for lack of a better name, just is not very welcoming to most people, but it's what it is. You really don't have much of a case here in the eyes of anyone who's been around 2+2 for a while.

Nut4Dawgs
01-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Uh, did you just "out" LOL?

Evan
01-08-2006, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, no, I just got confused w/ who I was responding to since she seems to have taken over Elaine's fight in this thread. Although, I think LOL has been pretty obviously outtes for anyone that can read.

bwana devil
01-08-2006, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
somebody PMd me to point out the thread and asked if i wanted to out you. i said OF COURSE I DO -- having no idea who otis was or who you were. i didn't change my mind once i found out, you were treated no differently from anybody else. it's oot. if you make a non-gimmick "gimmick" account and make allusions to having a real one, i think getting outed is a predictable outcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

using your same logic why wouldnt someone out commodus in the thread? you got such glee outing otis yet you posted twice firmly stating that no one should out commodus. why the double standard?

just personal preference i suppose. hmmmmm.

bwana

LittleOldLady
01-08-2006, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha, no, I just got confused w/ who I was responding to since she seems to have taken over Elaine's fight in this thread. Although, I think LOL has been pretty obviously outtes for anyone that can read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not hiding who I am. I think it's pretty obvious as Evan said--although Evan did apparently misintepret some of the evidence.

LittleOldLady
01-08-2006, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evan, we are talking specifically of OOT and the moderating policies on OOT. By definition, OOT is not the home of quality poker posts. A quality poker poster need never set foot in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]
A long-accepted reason that these forums are not what they used to be is that the quality posters tend to digress towards discussing baseball, politics and hot wh000res after enough time spent in the strategy forums. If you take away one of those outlets by allowing longwinded "goobye posts" taht annoy them, the overall quality of this forum, poker forums included, decreases.

I'm sorry that you feel betrayed or wronged, but there hasn't been any surprising behavior so far regarding your otis account. You're being treated just like any other poster. The rules and conventions on this forum have been this way for a while.

I've never met you, but I've met Ed a few times and like him a lot, so I trust that you're pretty cool. The "OOT culture", for lack of a better name, just is not very welcoming to most people, but it's what it is. You really don't have much of a case here in the eyes of anyone who's been around 2+2 for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never felt wronged or betrayed as far as that goes.

Evan, read what you wrote. If the "quality" strategy posters have drifted into discussing politics, sports, and women, there are reasons for that which have nothing to do with goodbye posts. And if the "quality" posters have stopped posting in the strategy fora, are they still "quality" posters, or just fellow bull session participants, albeit participants who usually have something better than average to say?

The fact is that the quality posters tend eventually to stop posting in the strategy fora because it gets old. They reach a point where they are doing all the giving and no longer deriving much for themselves. So they taper off their strategy participation, but they still like shooting the breeze about football or the stock market or hot women. If they are not put off by the other foolishness in OOT, why should they suddenly get put off because someone says he/she is leaving? If they are put off and stop posting, what is lost? Their opinion on what is good beer or who is the best quarterback? The strategy gems are all in the archives, and many of them are stickied in the various strategy fora. Those posts are not going anywhere, even if their posters are.

BTW, Evan, you used your green (hornet?) powers to poke around in my business and misinterpreted what you found. All you had to do was ask me politely. It's not a secret. There is a convention on boards like this to use a screen name. Some people use their real names, but most don't. I was simply following that convention. I mean, you are Evan who? And what is Wacki's real name? And who cares? If you really want to verify who I am, just ask

Evan
01-08-2006, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not hiding who I am. I think it's pretty obvious as Evan said--although Evan did apparently misintepret some of the evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not the evidence from this thread.

Evan
01-08-2006, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have never felt wronged or betrayed as far as that goes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like I said, I forgot who I was replying to.

[ QUOTE ]
if the "quality" posters have stopped posting in the strategy fora, are they still "quality" posters, or just fellow bull session participants, albeit participants who usually have something better than average to say?

[/ QUOTE ]
They're still quality posters. You're making it more and more clear that you don't have a real sense of how this forum works.

[ QUOTE ]
why should they suddenly get put off because someone says he/she is leaving?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because it is a lame and pointless post with poor precedants.

[ QUOTE ]
The strategy gems are all in the archives

[/ QUOTE ]
While you're partially right, you're also partially WAY off beat. Many posts fromt he archives are long since irrelevant or inaccurate.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Evan, you used your green (hornet?) powers to poke around in my business and misinterpreted what you found. All you had to do was ask me politely. It's not a secret. There is a convention on boards like this to use a screen name. Some people use their real names, but most don't. I was simply following that convention. I mean, you are Evan who? And what is Wacki's real name? And who cares? If you really want to verify who I am, just ask

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't "really want to" verify anything. I was bored and looked around for a bit. I think you're reading far too much into it. I don't really understand your "Evan who" and "Wakci's real name" examples. What are they meant to show?

I don't understand why people are getting so worked up over the whole Elaine/Otis thing. This is serious some of the most useless energy I've ever seen spent on this forum. It's entertaining to me for reasons that surely weren't the intentions of any of the parties immediately involved. Carry on, I guess.

ElaineMonster
01-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Evan, I don't feel betrayed. I feel like Astsroglide stole the punchline and made the thread less fun. I think he's let the mod power get to his head.

Whatever you think, OOT is NOT about quality posts. It's about traffic. It's the sheer number of users that brings in the money. So whatever legal means brings the traffic should be cool.

You might hate Otis and you might hate gimmick accounts, but they don't do any "damage" to OOT. Goodbye threads get a lot of attention. They bring the traffic, and thus the money.

The OOT FAQ states that if someone does a goodbye thread, that account will be banned. Well, Otis has been banned. So get over it.

On your last point, yes, Ed's a cool guy. But his coolness doesn't transfer to me. And my argumentativeness doesn't transfer to him. We're different people and there's no reason to continue referencing him as if it makes a difference in my character. And vice versa.

For what it's worth, I've been posting for about a year now and I've witnessed Big Steve's goodbye thread as well as the whole PokerJo thing. Like I said before, I certainly expected to be outed, just not so soon and not by a moderater.

When I started posting a year ago, there weren't moderators at all. Basically Mat just stayed out of it. I think it's better now with moderators and a FAQ. I just don't happen to like some of the mods.

astroglide
01-09-2006, 12:53 AM
nobody cares about individual crappy posts. the problem as i see it is that, on a macro level, if they are allowed the whole place becomes an incubator for mediocrity. the signal to noise ratio gets too low, then the quality posters become less and less active and it comes down like a house of cards. of course on the business side it's all about numbers and advertising. people are attracted to OOT because of its culture, and the fact that the great posts are truly great. if somebody is just going to say, "who cares? it's all bowel movements LOL" i don't think they really understand any of it.

i know that many outsiders would rather go "loose" on the moderation and have it get taken care of like every other forum - only address the "posts that need addressing" in a clinical, objective sense (off-topic, grossly offensive, etc) like it's done in the strat forums and such. but strat forums have innate topical focus, and that's huge. there's no endemic necessity for cat herding. keep in mind that the gladiator-style stuff is actually called for by OOT's own posters; OOT itself voted in [censored], and later myself knowing up front what that would entail.

so you might think it would be good in a numbers sense for the advertisers to moderate normally. to me that's like a baseball owner failing to give a [censored] about its players because "it's all about the attendance" - overlooking the fact that if the team is replaced by a bunch of schlubs, nobody's going to buy a ticket. it's myopic to only consider the fact that people go there instead of focusing and strengthening the actual reasons why they do. the good posts and the good posters are the lifeline. i'm sure it won't surprise you that i don't mind saying myself i think OOT is in great shape right now.

Evan
01-09-2006, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You might hate Otis

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to be clear, I have absolutely no opinion on Otis. I was talking to someone the other day about a poster I didnt like and they mentioned that they hated Otis. I told them that I hadn't ever noticed anything Otis had written and I couldn't even think of one post to attribute to that account.

[ QUOTE ]
On your last point, yes, Ed's a cool guy. But his coolness doesn't transfer to me. And my argumentativeness doesn't transfer to him. We're different people and there's no reason to continue referencing him as if it makes a difference in my character. And vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hardly think I "continue referencing him" as I only brought him up once. I also don't think it was all that ourlandish or irrelevant. Whatever though, it wasn't a big deal.

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly expected to be outed, just not so soon and not by a moderater.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a little foolish.

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't happen to like some of the mods.

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes a lot more sense now.

El Diablo
01-12-2006, 02:20 PM
TT: I know who Commodus isn't, and based on that I suspect you are wrong about the identity of Commodus.

LoL, Elaine: I have two disagreements wrt your opinions on OOT. Firstly, a number of the top poker strategy posters continue to participate in the strategy forums because forums like OOT/NVG/Politics/Sports keep them engaged in the community. Without these forums, the poker side of this website would be damaged. I am not familiar with how much either of you know about poker, but you might be surprised at how few individuals on this site contribute worthwhile poker information and what a tiny percentage of the users provide any new insights into the game. I think that's reason enough to support the community aspects of the site as much as possible and preserve the community-based evolution and decision-making within these forums. Which leads me to the second point. Most of the "arbitrary" decisions made in OOT, while seemingly purely arbitrary, are actually arrived at via a loose concensus-based community approval process. Yes, OOT is obviously full of a lot of worthless crap. But it is also home to a lot of very interesting discussion. See the recent "jason_t's flight" game theory problem (which the COMMUNITY in real-time decided to let stay in OOT) and the "sandwich tips" thread, which was obviously spectacular. The very nature of rules in such a community is fluid, and the moderation of the forum is one aspect which reflects this fluidity.

jason_t
01-12-2006, 02:54 PM
I just want to add that I didn't really get drawn into 2+2 until I started participating in OOT. For the first few months I was reading and posting I thought that 2+2 was lame. But I started reading OOT and participating more and forming relationships with several of the posters and that helped push me into participating more regularly in the other forums. I don't post there that much anymore and now spend most of my time in the LHE strategy forums, but I doubt I would have been drawn into the community the way that I am now without OOT.

wacki
01-12-2006, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please. You know very well I haven't done a damn thing wrong since I went off on you a long time ago. Even then I never violated an official rule. The rules have changed since then so you can be happy. I even made an apology then and you accepted it. So why the hell are you bringing me up again?

Just to cause drama?

Gay. This isn't worth my time.

[censored]
01-12-2006, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just to cause drama?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, is that even really a question considering the history?

CallMeIshmael
01-12-2006, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
put off by endless discussions of bowel and bladder habits, recountings of drunken brawls, recitations of unpleasant physical symptoms in hopes of getting unauthoritive medical advice, and rehearsals of the abortive sexual approaches of clueless misogynists

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like Bill O'Reilly.

I dont think he should be on TV.

I realize there isnt much I can do about it.

I just dont watch the show.

MicroBob
01-13-2006, 01:37 AM
Yes. This is a good point.

There's nothing forcing you to read OOT if you don't like it.

Sometimes there is something decent in OOT...but mostly it's not my speed.
I spent a couple months there about a year ago...but I don't even surf around on there anymore and haven't been there in several months

with a couple of isolated exceptions that were x-posted elsewhere that I felt obliged to read...including this Otis/Elaine thread (since it was being discussed in this forum I decided to get an idea of what the hell you guys were talking about).

Most of the stuff that is posted in the zoo, nvg and WPT-forum is pretty silly and pointless too.
But I don't blame these forums for the fact that I am uncontrollably drawn to reading/posting there.

I am constantly telling myself to stop spending my time on 2+2 in such a wasteful fashion. Get my butt in the strategy-forums and learn, learn, learn.
I am also constantly breaking my vows to do this and find myself spending another day surfing through one mostly-pointless thread after another.

Again though, I blame myself and not the forums themselves.

If Otis/Elaine and LOL (and anyone else) don't like OOT they certainly don't have to read there.
Just like I don't have to read in the zoo, WPT and NVG.

Phil153
01-13-2006, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh please. You know very well I haven't done a damn thing since a long time ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP /images/graemlins/grin.gif