PDA

View Full Version : People you meet in heaven

Chris Daddy Cool
03-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Suppose in your heaven you get a big house by the lake and your neihbors are your family members and your best friends. you live with your significant other and your children. you get to play ball with michael jordan or play a round whenever you want with tiger woods, etc etc. however, these people you meet in heaven aren't the actual people; they are just recreations of them for your own benefit. they are all in their own personal heavens of their own (that may or may not even include you depending if they even wanted you in theirs). you will never actually see the "real" people ever again. would that be okay with you? would this revelation ruin it for you?

purnell
03-15-2006, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Suppose in your heaven you get a big house by the lake and your neihbors are your family members and your best friends. you live with your significant other and your children. you get to play ball with michael jordan or play a round whenever you want with tiger woods, etc etc. however, these people you meet in heaven aren't the actual people; they are just recreations of them for your own benefit. they are all in their own personal heavens of their own (that may or may not even include you depending if they even wanted you in theirs). you will never actually see the "real" people ever again. would that be okay with you? would this revelation ruin it for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as in this life, if my perceptions are illusory there is no way that I can know it, so it makes no difference.

madnak
03-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Sounds pretty cool to me, all things considered.

miketurner
03-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Sounds like The Matrix 4.

Man, I hope it’s better than 3!

evolvedForm
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
This idea of heaven is much cooler than the one I always perceived. As a kid I thought christian heaven was a bunch of tightass church people in suits singing "in excelsis deo" for eternity. Sounds more like hell to me.

To answer your question, I think I'd get bored with the clones unless they are tight-bodied women willing to have group sex with me.

Borodog
03-15-2006, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd get bored with the clones unless they are tight-bodied women willing to have group sex with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you eventually get bored with that as well, at least according to Dominic. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Colima420
03-16-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't think you meet people in heaven. In fact, I don't think there is such a thing as heaven. When you die, you die. Maybe you continue in existence as some sort or energy. But this energy wouldn't be human. Therefore how can we do "human" things in heaven.

Philo
03-17-2006, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as in this life, if my perceptions are illusory there is no way that I can know it, so it makes no difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it make a difference if you did find out it was illusory?

PoBoy321
03-17-2006, 03:24 AM
Did you ever see the episode of the Twilight Zone where the crook wakes up in a house to find that he had died, and an angel comes to him and tells him that he's in the afterlife and any time he wants something, he can have it? So he says he wants a million dollars and BOOM there it is. Then he says he wants beautiful women and BOOM there they are.

At the end of the episode, he realizes that he doesn't want things to be easy and realizes that he's really in Hell.

That's how I'd feel.

BluffTHIS!
03-17-2006, 04:19 AM
So a holographic heaven for each individual. Just like on Star Trek. Only thing missing is GOD, which makes it no heaven at all.

hmkpoker
03-17-2006, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd get bored with the clones unless they are tight-bodied women willing to have group sex with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you eventually get bored with that as well, at least according to Dominic. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what's worse; the fact that you're referencing such horrible OOT threads, or that I recognize the reference.

hmkpoker
03-17-2006, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like The Matrix 4.

Man, I hope it’s better than 3!

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I thought that was the best one /images/graemlins/smile.gif

hmkpoker
03-17-2006, 04:41 AM
I'd be cool with it. That's pretty much how I view people in the real world /images/graemlins/smile.gif

$_DEADSEXE_$
03-17-2006, 07:01 AM
I don't think heaven if it truly exists is anything the human mind can comprehend or even begin to understand conceptually.

And I highly doubt its how most people picture it...us in human form living the perfect life with all our friends and family.

Hell I think may be just that you cease to exist..but if that is the case then what would Purgatory be?

Never really bought into the whole lake of fire b.s.

purnell
03-17-2006, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would it make a difference if you did find out it was illusory?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. If I perceive the fact that it is an illusion, my perception has changed.

MoreWineII
03-17-2006, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would that be okay with you? would this revelation ruin it for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm in Heaven. [censored] it, who cares. I'm assuming Heaven, if one exists, won't be that simple.

smartalecc5
03-18-2006, 01:36 AM
Im confused about death....

man
03-18-2006, 02:21 AM
uh, if I woke up tomorrow morning with a note next to me that said "sike! all your friends and family were actually robots! lol, God" I'd be pretty pissed and would probably commit suicide in short order. that's kinda how I'd feel.

Ass Master
03-18-2006, 03:37 AM
All that would be cool with me as long as in heaven there's lots of BUTTFUCKING

TomBrooks
03-18-2006, 01:30 PM
The question is irrelevant because heaven doesn't work like that.

It so happens that you are already in what some religions call "heaven." However, you won't experience it as long as you think it's someplace else and/or you expect to get there sometime in the future.

Villainaire
03-18-2006, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what's worse; the fact that you're referencing
such horrible OOT threads, or that I recognize the reference.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with the thread in reference?

rory
03-20-2006, 01:09 AM
At what point does the "real" break down? Do they not respond and change like the "real" people? Are they biologically the same? If I take them apart, do they not look like "real" people? Are they robots or holograms or something?

If they are biologically the same, then an exact replica that functions exactly the same as the real person is the real person. And I'd just treat them like the real person-- I'd think of it like they had stepped into a teleporter which destroyed them and then pieced them together atom by atom in another location across the galaxy. Robots or holograms or something is a different story, though.

You have to define what you mean by "the same", because to be "the same" that means they have to respond "the same" to every possible scenario, including all emotional and intellectual things and all physical things, so really they would have to be exact biological replicas which means they would be the same people. Essentially, in this version of heaven there would be multiple copies of each person living in parallel heavens.

Mark L
03-20-2006, 01:37 AM
i dont even see how its any different. i mean, they're essentially the exact same experience.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-21-2006, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont even see how its any different. i mean, they're essentially the exact same experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

you wouldn't find it different because you are not interacting with the actual "souls" you meet and the experience isn't "genuine"?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-21-2006, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At what point does the "real" break down? Do they not respond and change like the "real" people? Are they biologically the same? If I take them apart, do they not look like "real" people? Are they robots or holograms or something?

If they are biologically the same, then an exact replica that functions exactly the same as the real person is the real person. And I'd just treat them like the real person-- I'd think of it like they had stepped into a teleporter which destroyed them and then pieced them together atom by atom in another location across the galaxy. Robots or holograms or something is a different story, though.

You have to define what you mean by "the same", because to be "the same" that means they have to respond "the same" to every possible scenario, including all emotional and intellectual things and all physical things, so really they would have to be exact biological replicas which means they would be the same people. Essentially, in this version of heaven there would be multiple copies of each person living in parallel heavens.

[/ QUOTE ]

rory,

by all accounts, they are 100% biologically and mentally and emotinally the same, excecpt that the fact that they are not the actual soul you knew in earth even if they act like it. would their authenticity ever cross your mind?

follow up question:

how would you feel if they knew all along that they were just there for for your own benefit?

Chris Daddy Cool
03-21-2006, 11:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So a holographic heaven for each individual. Just like on Star Trek. Only thing missing is GOD, which makes it no heaven at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

bluff,

i don't know the star trek reference, and i realize this isn't the traditional view of heaven, so just humor me in this hypothetical, would ya? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

rory
03-21-2006, 03:05 PM
I think they are the same then.

wacki
03-21-2006, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think they are the same then.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck...

wacki
03-21-2006, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
by all accounts, they are 100% biologically and mentally and emotinally the same, excecpt that the fact that they are not the actual soul you knew in earth even if they act like it. would their authenticity ever cross your mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

CDC, just as long as the people continued to be a challenge and everything wasn't handed to them your bread and butter psychology texts says 99% of the people wouldn't care.

TomBrooks
03-21-2006, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think heaven (if it truly exists) is anything the human mind can even begin to understand

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure it can. Well, I'm not sure about the mind, but a person can. Not only can anyone comprehend it, they can do so right now, wherever they are. In fact, it's not possible for someone to experience it anytime other than right now or anywhere other than right where they're are. Ironically, the very thought of looking for heaven or hoping to reach it will prevent a person from experiencing it.

PastorDavidDD
03-21-2006, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"however, these people you meet in heaven aren't the actual people; they are just recreations of them for your own benefit. they are all in their own personal heavens of their own (that may or may not even include you depending if they even wanted you in theirs)."

How do you know that isn't what's happening right now, on Earth, what with possible alternate futures and all that stuff? Maybe we routinely choose paths that leave everyone else "behind" in their own alternate universes, as we move on into ours. From their individual perspectives, of course, it would be you that's actually left "behind" (assuming they have figured it out, that is). But then that would mean that it's not really me that's typing this, but an alternate me, but I KNOW I'm still here so it's you who's actually the alternate version of yourself that I'm replying to. So the "you" who originally posted will never see my reply.

Very confusing. I think I'll take a pill.