PDA

View Full Version : TAG calls two cold so i c/f turn :(

klonpucko
11-15-2005, 01:55 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.70 BB

both UTG+2 and MP2 are pretty solid TAGs. not seen anything retarded by any of them, so when he coldcalled two bets on the flop, i figured "what could he possibly have other than a big flushdraw or a flopped set?", atleast when he came to life on the turn. was this correct or am i giving up way too easily on this pot?

Allday Everyday
11-14-2006, 02:10 AM
I think preflop is good.

If you're sure the solid TAG will do a continuation bet at the flop, I think the flop check-raise is good.

I'm very interested in the turn play, given the way UTG+2 played the flop, and your read on him as a solid player.

I would usually bet that turn and fold if UTG+2 raises. In this case I would highly likely be behind and drawing dead. Is this a mistake? I've got a feeling it might be. I'd be interested to see how other people here would play this turn given the UTG+2's flop play and our read on him.

Could check-calling the turn be the way to go? Or is check-folding better?

Dragonfly
11-14-2006, 02:41 AM
I don't think a flopped set is likely, it is not a good idea to slowplay when there is two heart on the flop and the pot is big.

What about AA, KK unlikely (He would have either raised preflop or reraised preflop)

What about AQ, possible, but not very likely.
KQ, possible too.
QJ, possible.

A flush draw? Possible.

Perhaps you could Bet, and then Fold.

See Page 139, HPFAP

numbnuts007
11-14-2006, 05:50 AM
I definetly see what you're saying that a flush draw is just about the only thing he could have if you're read on him being a tag is correct. If I was actually playing I think i'd feel obligated to b/f the turn though.

Dragonfly: Excellent use of footnotes, you get a gold star. That seems to be exactly what pg. 139 says though, b/f fourth street. Of course it doesn't take into account villian cold calling 2 bets on the flop, but i've still got to believe that b/f is correct here.

dreed
11-14-2006, 03:31 PM
I dont like the check fold as you open yourself up to a bluff. Even though I believe you read is correct that he made a flush. At the same time what flush hands could he have limped with UTG Axs if he is TAG unlikely. So betting is the best way to protect your hand here. If called then check call the river. IF raised a fold is ok.

James.
11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
that turn is a very, very standard bet. you don't want to give hands with a single /images/graemlins/heart.gifa chance to draw against you for infinite odds. also, it keeps people from trying to run over you since you may be seen as a "folder".

Allday Everyday
11-14-2006, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
that turn is a very, very standard bet. you don't want to give hands with a single a chance to draw against you for infinite odds. also, it keeps people from trying to run over you since you may be seen as a "folder".

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet-call or bet-fold the turn James?

Nick Royale
11-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Bet/fold turn, yup.

James.
11-14-2006, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
that turn is a very, very standard bet. you don't want to give hands with a single a chance to draw against you for infinite odds. also, it keeps people from trying to run over you since you may be seen as a "folder".

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet-call or bet-fold the turn James?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/f unless he's a nutso that may semibluff with a bare /images/graemlins/heart.gif. almost always a fold, though.

Harv72b
11-14-2006, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so when he coldcalled two bets on the flop, i figured "what could he possibly have other than a big flushdraw or a flopped set?", atleast when he came to life on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

QJ, maybe QT. Probably sooted. Possibly even another KQo.

Agree with the bet/fold line on the turn.

Jiggymike
11-14-2006, 06:20 PM
I think that B/F turn line is the best, c/f is rarely a good idea after c/ring, you don't want to get walked over.