PDA

View Full Version : LL stud 8 hand - how would you play it

bigredlemon
01-07-2006, 12:44 AM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises

4th Street - (4.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

5th Street - (3.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

6th Street - (6.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls

River - (9.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___bets
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks___calls
Hero: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

Total pot: (12.80 BB)

Alchemist
01-07-2006, 01:05 AM
I like the completion here.

4th is already a tough spot. You feel inclined to bet to keep the pressure on, but the BI caught another baby and Seat 1 a suited baby. If they called your completion, they'll likely call here too. While checking feels really weak here, I think it's a more prudent play against 2 opponents. However, it's tough to put Seat 1 on a hand so I think betting into him helps you find out where you stand against him.

5th is an insta-muck. I think you are way behind here.

6th might be worth a call, but it sure doesn't help that the A and Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif are already dead.

River I'm not even sure is worth a crying call here.

Aaron W.
01-07-2006, 01:10 AM
I don't mind the continuation bet on 4th street, but if you gave up right there, I don't think you're losing anything. Both players caught a good card, so you're in big trouble if you get called.

5th street is the bail out point. Are you really going to chase down a player showing a flush and another player likely holding 4 to a low with only a pair of tens?

Jeffage
01-07-2006, 01:20 AM
I fold 5th w/o much thought. Your drawing to half the pot and the other guy going high has three spades already. So if you're not beaten now (he could have kings also), you could be later. And yea, you're drawing to half the pot. So why are you still chasing?

Jeff

getfunky
01-07-2006, 01:59 AM
i would treat this hand as a semi-steal. you did the right thing by raising, but once called in 2 places and your opponents catch good, i'm outta there with tens in a 3 way pot. heads up vs the bi I might go further.

mscags
01-07-2006, 05:51 AM
I share the same feeling with everyone else

Andy B
01-07-2006, 04:45 PM
I really don't think Kings is in the range of seat 1's possible hands.

Andy B
01-07-2006, 05:01 PM
On third, I think that completing is the way to go. I would be rooting for everyone to fold, because I have no idea how to play a pair of Tens in this game. Really, you wouldn't be giving up much by just folding.

If the guy with the 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif is at all reasonable, he probably started with a three-flush. Well, if he's really reasonable, he has a higher pair than your Tens. I'm guessing that the bring-in started with three low cards. They've both caught good. A four-flush is usually a favorite heads-up against a pair, so there's a good chance that you're behind and playing for only half the pot. I don't think betting was terrible, but I'd lean towards checking and folding, maybe calling if I was feeling lucky.

On fifth, you have a fold. It's fairly likely that you're up against a flush, in which case you're drawing very slim. There's still a good chance that you're only playing for half the pot. This is definitely the time to let it go.

On sixth, you've picked up a draw, but how much can you like it? If the other guy has the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif or Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the hole, you're drawing dead. (A couple of cards that are now really key for your hand showed on third street. How mindful were you of this when sixth street came down?) If the other guy has the J/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the hole, you're drawing really, really slim. I don't feel like going through the math right now, but if you give the other guy credit for having started with two spades in the hole, it is very likely that he has one of these three cards. And even if he doesn't, he can catch on the river. Sixth street might be a worse situation than fifth street.

Since you made it to the river, I don't have a problem with you calling that last bet, but there's a good chance you're beaten in two spots. Folding is still probably the better play.