PDA

View Full Version : I think this is an easy one...maybe not

tpir
01-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Villain seems reasonably aggressive. Nothing out of line that has been showndown anyway.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero ?.

Woolygimp
01-07-2006, 01:38 AM
I'd fold. You raised him on the flop, so you took charge of this hand.
He then raises you on the turn? Save 2 BB's and fold.

tpir
01-07-2006, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK. This is a good start. Bigger question... anyone just fold the flop? It's a definite reverse implied odds situation. I could be mauled or barely ahead and the pot is small.

Woolygimp
01-07-2006, 01:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
OK. This is a good start. Bigger question... anyone just fold the flop? It's a definite reverse implied odds situation. I could be mauled or barely ahead and the pot is small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like your flop raise.

Nick C
01-07-2006, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't even consider folding TPTK to a flop bet that could be any piece of the board or ace-high or even just a pure stab.

Woolygimp
01-07-2006, 02:10 AM
You definately have to raise that flop, because your ahead of the majority of the villains range.
When he calls the flop bet, then opts to C/R you on the turn it then turns into an obvious slowplay. You'll find yourself against straights/sets and the occasional spiked queen, and you can fold (to most opponents barring a read).

goofball
01-07-2006, 06:12 AM
I would never fold in the spot you are in on the flop. Never. In fact, I'm pretty sure I would never do anything but raise.

That happening on the turn tends to make me throw things and I'm working on that. If i'm zenful I fold, if I'm playing badly I call down. Just fold.