PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 proactively fights legislation banning online poker

jt1
03-13-2006, 01:58 AM
For starters, I recommend that Poker Players Alliance gets free advertising space. Beyond that, I believe petitions & counter propaganga sent to congressional offices would be helpful and not too time consuming.

BluffTHIS!
03-13-2006, 10:29 AM
While your suggestions might seem beyond the scope of 2+2, 2+2 is the largest community of poker players and is indeed the right place for such a campaign. And it is clear that the B&M only component of 2+2's customer base wouldn't support 1/2 the book sales as produced by online only players like most of us.

*TT*
03-23-2006, 11:48 AM
I agree with this proposal.
Its a public service announcement, and may in fact be considered a tax write-off (they must consult with an accountant of course).

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

MicroBob
03-23-2006, 02:05 PM
I haven't followed PPA.
Have they done much yet?
Do we know if they will last?
Thought I read something about them not having updated their web-site.

If they've been active and haven't been accidentally portraying poker players in a negative light than more power to them.

I would not endorse or support them though until I was certain that they didn't suck.
If they are unprofessional or go the wrong direction in their agenda it's not impossible that they could do more harm than good.

Mason Malmuth
03-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Hi Bob:

I agree completely with your position and have told them no free advertising. In fact, I'm not even sure we would accept paid advertising from them since I know so little about them. I'm always uncomfortable with organizations that promise to do lots of good things but solicit $20.

Best wishes,
Mason