PDA

View Full Version : Pai-Gow bad beat story

Brock Landers
03-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Last week during a crazy drunkfest in Vegas, my buddy and I decide to each go $500 a hand. We both get Queen high Pai-Gows (no pair, flush or straight) and the dealer gets the same. We both LOSE our hands without any ties. What do you guys think the odds are for this happening? Drunkedly, we estimated it at about 1 in 10,000. Is there any way to find this out?

SheetWise
03-12-2006, 07:55 PM
To lose a queen high pai-gow you only have to lose the second card (or tie second, lose third, etc.), which isn't unlikely. Would you have been as surprised if your two Q's were beat by a K?

Brock Landers
03-12-2006, 10:48 PM
No, as that is not THAT uncommon. But, the fact that both of our Queen high pai-gows lost to a dealer's Queen high pai-gow had to be a huge longshot.

Just the fact that me, my buddy, and the dealer all had such weak hands was a big longshot. Added to that was that her hand beat us both.

I quess the place to start would be to figure out how often you get a hand as week as each of our hands (me and my buddy) and then multiply those #'s but eachother?

ThePost
03-13-2006, 04:55 AM
I was so expecting a better bad beat story /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Eegs
03-13-2006, 08:34 PM
lol...I was doing the same in Atlantic city...I only bet $100 tho and I won..I did return it all at the bar tho

Photoc
03-15-2006, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was so expecting a better bad beat story /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold Coast July 2004 Las Vegas. Playing heads up around 5am afte work.

I get dealt AA QQ 222

Dealer turns up AA QQ 444

Can you say...F ME! Dealer called the floor over, floor called the pit and they were like...WTF!

Funny thing, i commented..."man what if I actually lost this hand..."
Good thing I only had 50 bet on the hand, sheesh. Biggest bet of the morning, LOL. Yes, this is 100% true.