PDA

View Full Version : Neteller and moving to the U.S

rafct
03-11-2006, 05:03 PM
I will be moving to USA in a few weeks and start a living there.
I am currently in Brazil and I have a neteller account with my poker winnings. My fear is that when I access it on a US computer, neteller will lock my account. Do they accept moving the account to another country and if so, how to proceed for them to make it?

Also, I have a neteller debit card that I am not sure will work in the u.s (the american neteller card is different )

Thank you for the help,

rafct

JAque
03-11-2006, 05:18 PM
You have different options.

1-
If you do not want to close you old account , you should call Neteller and inform them that you will be in the US for a few months (everytime you go to a different country you must inform them I was told). This give you a temporary solution though.
You can use your Netelelr account with no problem in the US.

2- You can close your account (informing Neteller that you are moving to the US), open a bank account and get a new neteller in the US (assuming you have a social security number)

It is important that you inform Neteller in advance so there is no question of what you are doing.

JAque

rafct
03-11-2006, 07:20 PM
I will be moving permanently (Will get U.S citizenship). Can I still keep my old neteller account?

JAque
03-11-2006, 07:41 PM
For the long term solution, it is better to open the account here in the US.

JAque