PDA

View Full Version : [JAN 2006]New forum split suggestion: add a major tourns strat forum

betgo
01-06-2006, 05:21 PM
I suggest that a new forum be created to discuss strategy at major tournaments. This would combine some of what is now in MTT and in WPT.

It could include OPs by participants and OPs based on TV, Card Player, Pokerwire, etc. It would be limited to discussion of tournaments above a certain amount, say $1K or $5K and would not include satellites to major tournaments with buyins below that amount. Anything below $1K or whatever would go in MTT. Any discussion of major tournaments that was not strategy related would go in WPT.

I think the WPT forum has deteriorated somewhat since I have been here. There used to be posts by name pros there. A lot of things that used to be posted in WPT are now posted in MTT.

I am not suggesting making this new forum elite in any way except the subject matter. I am sure there would be a lot of newbe posts like in most forums. A lot of the players themselves in these events are quite weak. However, I think the level of discussion would be fairly high and this would attract comments by strong players.

I advocate making the amount cutoff atleast $1K, since I do not like the idea of segregating the medium buyin MTTs into forums by buyin. I don't think hands from a $30 online rebuy should be in one forum and those from a $300 live tournament should in another. However, major high buyin events are something else.

rockin
01-06-2006, 05:24 PM
oh this is flamin' ridiculous...

hehe

just kidding, haven't read it yet

Lloyd
01-06-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm moving this to forum suggestions as we have discussed a split of the MTT forum ad nauseam.

jman220
08-01-2007, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suggest that a new forum be created to discuss strategy at major tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diebitter?

Mike Haven
08-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Was this dick-bumped?

TheNoodleMan
08-01-2007, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was this dick-bumped?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this brit for ninja-bumped?

DopamineRelease
08-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Sweeet bump

Mike Haven
08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was this dick-bumped?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this brit for ninja-bumped?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Someone here suggested that dick-bumping sounded less glamorous than ninja-bumping when we had our last attack of the dick-bumpers.

Phil153
08-02-2007, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
attack of the dick-bumpers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd probably stick with ninja.

wpeokfrw
08-03-2007, 10:29 AM
hahha dic bump